Old 07-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #1  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Default I thought I would have lost more by now

I know that a 37 pound loss is good, but I really thought given my size, that I would have been down by 50 pounds right now. I don't know if it didn't go a bit quicker for me because of the two vacations we had in the past month along with parties/cookouts galore, to which I kept to as much low cal/low fat as I could, but sometimes it was impossible to do so.

Hopefully, I will meet the 50 pound goal by the end of August. Most of it, as we all know, is water weight and not fat, hence why I am kind of mad at myself for not sticking 100 percent to the diet on those off days, except for the vacation in Texas. I did ok, but not much I could do about being in a hotel without a kitchen and no grocery store around us for miles for five days- ugh!. If only real life didn't happen and we could just diet without obstacles.

I'm a little discouraged, but I refuse to give up this time. I've come too far not to keep going. Just wish I had made better progress than this, as we all know that weight loss slows down eventually.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #2  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Yeah, coming from almost the same place as you # wise I know what you mean... but you know they always say the slower that you lose the less shock to the body and the more likely to keep off, so I wouldn't stress about it too much. I know it's hard to be patient... but it will be worth it.

How long has it been anyway?

Awesome job... keep going that's the important bit!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Just keep concentrating on eating well and losing weight - putting dates around goals can lead to frustration. Your body has its own schedule. 37 lbs is awesome!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:10 PM   #4  
Going down, my way!

Thanks, Idealmuse.

It's been ten weeks so far. 3.7 pounds per week average, my first week I lost 10 pounds, from there, mostly 2-4 pounds a week, with a gain a couple of weeks of a couple of pounds.

I also forgot to add, yesterday, my appetite was insatiable. After midnight, I had two Wasa crisps with Cheese spread and a fun sized Mounds bar, to which I added to today's calories, as I simply could not fill up yesterday- I was starving! Yet, this morning, I was five pounds lighter- go figure?!
Old 07-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #5  
Going down, my way!

Thanks, Glory. I am trying to be realistic this time, and I know slow and steady is the best way. It's just that where I have so much to lose this time around, I figured the first fifty would be a lot easier than it has been. From there, I certainly know that it's not realistic for my body to lose more than 1-2 pounds a week, and quite frankly, I wouldn't want to, as I know I would gain it all back quickly if I went too low in calories to get there quicker.

Oh, well, like you said, my body has it's own schedule. One way or another, I'll get there.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #6  
Ironman in Training

You sound right on track to me... ignoring the first week loss of water, your at about 3lbs a week avg, which at our weight is safe. You really don't want to push it more then that. It's likely going to slow down to about 2lbs a week so don't be too disapointed... the less you weigh the slower it goes and the longer it seems to take to lose it. It's been about 10 weeks for me too and you're ahead of me!

Best of luck I'm routing for you!

-muse
Old 07-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

When I get insatiable hunger, I can normally trace it to 1 of 2 things:

1. Not eating enough calories in the days leading up to the hungry day
2. Eating some sort of "empty" carb. Crackers, pretzels, cookies - anything like that is such a huge trigger for me, I'm not sure why. Whole grains don't seem to affect me the same way.

Crackers with cheese seems like a pretty good snack to defuse, but I probably would have gone with a handful of almonds and cheese instead to try to get out of my carb loop!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:33 PM   #8  
Ironman in Training

"Eating some sort of "empty" carb. Crackers, pretzels, cookies - anything like that is such a huge trigger for me, I'm not sure why. Whole grains don't seem to affect me the same way"

This is VERY true for me too. I have a broken Off switch with emptycarbs/sugar so I try to choose other snacks or otherwise pare the carb with protein (A wasa cracker with Gouda and a slice of turkey) etc.

Some days your just more hungry... I've found that if I undershoot my "To lose 2lbs this week" calorie goal for the day I tend to be more hungry that day after too.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
Oh, well, like you said, my body has it's own schedule.
May I have your body's schedule, please? I wish I could lose an average of 3.7 per week! I struggle and struggle, every calorie is perfect, nutrition is good, and I still can't lose more than 1-2...if I lose at all. I feel a little cheated, since many people my size lose more quickly, and I was looking for another slow loser but I don't think you're one of those at all! I really thought you were going to say you had been at this 6 months or something...you're doing great!
peaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #10  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I know exactly how you feel. I have been at this for 16 weeks now, with only 28 pounds lost. I was expecting ot have lost atleast 35 by now

We just have to keep going. We knew this wouldnt' be easy, and atleast it's coming off quicker than I put it on
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:34 PM   #11  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

You're doing great! 37 pounds in 10 weeks is fantastic. If you keep losing at the weight you are, imagine where you'll be in another 10 weeks!
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #12  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I know, it's crazy! I'm just over 300, and concentrated vigorously on every single thing that went in my mouth for the past 4 weeks, and I'm only down about 10 lbs., I thought it would be so much more given my high starting weight!

To celebrate my one month "sobriety" from McDonald's I went there for a happy meal today! it was gross so I had 2 bites, 2 fries and my diet coke. Yuk it was foul !!!! yayyyyyyyy
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

we control the amount of food we put into our body we control the amount of exciseiz we do each day with out body. However we do not control what our body does with it. We are in in our ways in our head 1+1=2 but to our body 1+1= -5 or 10 or 0 or whatever.

But 37 pounds is great! If I was 37 pounds lighter I would be at 302 which is a weight I haven't seen since Feb 2000. Your doing great keep it up! You can do it!
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #14  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 02:11 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/165.8/145

Height: 5'4"

I understand your frustration, but you are doing great! Just think of it as a ladder...... We 'climbed' each rung slowly to pack on the pounds and now it's time to step back down the ladder to get back down. The slower you lose it, the more likely you will actually keep it off. And- no diet is going to last you a lifetime if you don't allow yourself little 'cheats' here and there. At least the number on the scale is going in the right direction. If it's slowing, you may have to change some things up. Take up a new exercise or add some different foods into the mix. You can do it!
sweatpea is offline   Reply With Quote