Old 07-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #1  
It just takes some time

S/C/G: 292/See Ticker/200

Height: 5ft 9in

Wink I have NO desire

to be a thin person.. I want to weigh about 20-30 less than when me and kevin (hubby) got together, Which was 220, so if I can get to 200-190 I'll be 'happy' then. I will not be thin. I will be 'thick'. Being skinny/thin is not realistic for me. And I am not going to beat myself to death about it either. Just can't wait to get some of these pounds down before I get discouraged
MakinChanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I know what you mean! I started at 295, and am relatively happy in the 170s (technically just under "obese"). I may lose more weight, but my goals have shifted to fitness and health more than numbers on the scale...

Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #3  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I understand too. I have always embraced my curves...It's just that sometime while embracing them I didn't realize they had turned into flubber LOL. This is all about your happiness, not what other people think you should be.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

I totally understand. I used to want to be super skinny, but now I just want to feel better and be in better health. My goal is just to feel good in my skin. I don't really care what others say I should weigh. Plus, I think my husband likes my curves.
Don't let yourself get discouraged. You must keep up the positive self talk. There is no room for the negative. You can do this.
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:39 PM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Being thin is no longer my priority. I'm not gonna lie....it still is a dream of mine...its just no longer my number one objective in this weight loss battle. My priority is getting healthier. When I was younger, I always thought I was healthy despite my weight. However, I've now learned that being overweight has numerous health liabilities.....face it, excess fat does increase our risk of numerous health issues.....like heart disease and cancer.

Losing any excess weight benefits our health and it may be that 190 is a healthy weight for your body type and height...only you can decide what your goals will be.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:39 PM   #6  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I agree with you, My goal weight is 167, which according to charts is overweight, lol. I remember being 167, I was happy,no I wasn't a size 2, but I felt good about myself. I think as long as you feel good about yourself and are able to do things, ignore what other people say is right and you are fine.
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

I just want to be able to ware a size 44 again and not worrie with the same health problems both my grandfathers had and the issues my mom has now.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #8  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree with you all. I have 140 as my goal but that is mostly a dream and probably isn't likely where I will end up. If I can make it to the 170's I will reevaluate my body, my eating, and decide what to do from there.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #9  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I'm not trying anymore to be 'thin' either. I'll be satisfied to be 180 and no longer obese. If I hit 162, then I'll no longer be overweight. I am not shooting for 162 anymore. If I end up there, great! If not, I'll be very happy wearing a size 12 again. I was that size when I was 20 and I was very happy!
Heck...even just not looking pregnant anymore will be wonderful!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

Keep an open mind. If you would of told me in January I'd be 179 in July I would of thought you were crazy. I'm just saying your goals change as your body changes. Don't get stuck on any certain number. My doctor says I should be about 135. I think that is unrealistic but I will still see how far I get. I am not killing myself to get there. I feel great, eat healthy and exercise. That is what it is all about. I'm truly happy for the first time in a long time.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

I totally understand. When I am was around 200 lbs I was happy. So thats my goal for now. I like my curves. Ive never been stick skinny and have no desire to be so.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #12  
Happy New Rears!

The number really isn't important, it's how you feel and how healthy you are.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:13 PM   #13  

I'm of the same mind set. Being "skinny" isn't my goal, here. I can't remember a day when I was under 250, which is why that is my current goal. Once I get there, I'm sure I'll want to lower it. But for now, I just want to say I have been 250 and can REMEMBER it! Compared to 340, it's going to feel a lot smaller. I'm already starting to feel better health wise, and want to keep focusing on that. I think it's the more important side of this whole adventure.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Right before my husband and I got married (I was just under my heaviest at the wedding), I was showing him old family pictures. I have to give him credit, he never once said anything about my looking better in previous (thinner) years. I however, found a photo of me, at about 220 lbs, sitting in a tree thinking I looked sexy. I remember looking at that photo shortly after it was taken and thinking "who was I kidding to think I looked good." Looking at it at 385 lbs, however, I remember looking at that picture and saying to my husband "wow, I looked HOT!" He, dearest man that he is, said "you're hot now!"

He's very supportive of my losing weight, though we did have a funny conversation not to long ago. I think we were watching tv and some stick-thin models with the bodies of 10 year old boys flashed on the screen. He asked me to try not to lose weight in my boobs. I reminded him that boobs are mostly fat, so I was going to be lose quite a bit of them. "Promise me you won't look like that," he said. HAH, as if!!! I told him I woud never consider a lettuce leaf and mineral water a large meal, so he didn't really have to worry too much about that.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #15  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I have to agree with the thinking in this thread. I have to laugh sometimes because my goal weight sometimes matches other people's starting weight. I just couldn't bring myself to put it any lower and I, too, feel that I was looking great at 180.

Now, once I get there, I might be motivated to lose more, but I want it always to be for the right reasons. It isn't a game to see how many pounds you can show on your ticker, it's about feeling good and being healthy!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote