General chatter - Help Me, Rhonda

View Full Version : Help Me, Rhonda

EZMONEY
07-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Since it is SUMMERTIME, Angie and I just have to play THE BEACH BOYS

I went to their "reunion tour" at Anaheim Stadium....IN 1974! :lol:

HELP ME, RHONDA is my favorite BEACH BOYS song...

What is yours?

alinnell
07-22-2007, 03:11 PM
When I was growing up, it was California Girls. I wanted to be one! Now I am?!?!

I also like Good Vibrations, Fun, Fun, Fun, and of course Surfin' USA.

almostheaven
07-22-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm not sure any of their songs are really TOO favorite. I like em' all about equal. MAYBE, "Barbara Ann" might be a little more equal.

EZMONEY
07-22-2007, 04:29 PM
When I was growing up, it was California Girls. I wanted to be one! Now I am?!?!........

OH REALLLLLLLY ~ and just where do your "surf" in the desert ;)

trekkiegirl
07-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Help Me, Rhonda would be my favorite, too. And I particularly like Carl's solo vocals at the beginning of Good Vibrations.

sfj
07-22-2007, 04:57 PM
I liked In my room.

Wasn't and still am not fond of Help me Rhonda. Seeing as how my name is Shonda i got a lot of "help me shonda help help me shonda" going up.

alinnell
07-22-2007, 05:56 PM
OH REALLLLLLLY ~ and just where do your "surf" in the desert ;)

Sorry, Gary, I've never surfed. Just got back from Hawaii where it would have been easy to take a lesson, but didn't do it there, either!

EZMONEY
07-22-2007, 06:52 PM
ALLISON ~For the "most" of my life, I have lived within 5 miles of the southern California beaches....I don't surf either! And I was born in San Diego!!

Sorry SHONDA :hug: I can see how my favorite Beach Boys song would irritate you!

TREKKIE ~ You just flat out "ROCK" girl! I should just pay you to fill my iPod thing up!!

Sherry
07-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Good Vibrations for me too!

Anyone like the Bee Gees? I could listen to that CD ALL day!!! ;)

cbmare
07-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Good Vibrations, Barbara Ann - they sound like they'd had a few before they started recording that one. LOL.

I think my all time favorite is Don't Worry, Baby.

trekkiegirl
07-23-2007, 02:56 PM

Here!!! :D Barry Gibb.... :cloud9: Actually, when you think about all the music they've put out in the past 5 decades, as well as what they've written for others (Grease, Islands In The Stream, Heartbreaker, Woman In Love, etc.), it's pretty amazing.

newFannie07
07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
OK, Gary, you've done it now. Ever since I saw the title to this thread the dang song has been going through my head!!!

ANd I'm sorry, I just don't care much for the Beach Boys.

HEEELLLPPPP!!!
:dizzy:

Kerri

Ilene
07-23-2007, 09:00 PM
My favourite was Surfer Girl... I saw them twice in Montreal, back in the day *sigh*

EZMONEY
07-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Here!!! :D Barry Gibb.... :cloud9: Actually, when you think about all the music they've put out in the past 5 decades, as well as what they've written for others (Grease, Islands In The Stream, Heartbreaker, Woman In Love, etc.), it's pretty amazing.

HEY TREKKIE and SHERRY ~SusanB is a huge BArry Gibb fan! HUGE!! She still has posters on her wall of him ;) and what is she? 29 or something....;)

Good Vibrations, Barbara Ann - they sound like they'd had a few before they started recording that one. LOL.

I think my all time favorite is Don't Worry, Baby.

I like Barbara Ann too Mare!

OK, Gary, you've done it now. Ever since I saw the title to this thread the dang song has been going through my head!!!

ANd I'm sorry, I just don't care much for the Beach Boys.

HEEELLLPPPP!!!
:dizzy:

Kerri

HELP ME KERRY HELP HELP ME KERRY....;)

My favourite was Surfer Girl... I saw them twice in Montreal, back in the day *sigh*

Not fair ILENE that BACK IN THE DAY for us was soooo long ago!

Stepping Out
07-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Back in the day, Barry Gibb was HOT :love: :drool:!

My DH and I had only been dating for a few weeks when he took me to see The Beach Boys with Chicago at the old Foxboro Stadium (back in '75). That was one of the most awesome concerts ever! :D As for a favorite song..it's hard to pick one..but Pet Sounds is definetely my favorite album. :)

P.S. I was listening to 'Wendy' while reading the boards..I think that carrot on top of the page was dancing to the beat. :dizzy: Of course, I could be finally losing my marbles!

EZMONEY
07-24-2007, 12:30 AM
I saw CHICAGO a couple of times JOANNE in San Diego's Sports Arena...even crashed my car one time! Ran into the back of another car about a mile from the concert. Called my pops and he said walk to the concert, see it and he'd meet us at the car when it was over and we'd tow it the 45 miles home. Good seeing you pop up every now and then...wink

trekkiegirl
07-24-2007, 12:48 AM
We now interrupt this thread for a moment of drooling. :drool: Thank you very much. :D

EZMONEY
07-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Sure TREKKIE but can he run a 5K...real slow....talking on his cell phone like me? ;)

trekkiegirl
07-24-2007, 01:11 AM
P.S. I was listening to 'Wendy' while reading the boards..I think that carrot on top of the page was dancing to the beat. :dizzy: Of course, I could be finally losing my marbles!

Then I lost mine a long time ago because I've seen bananas dancing to Copacabana. Or would that be Copabanana? :p

Sure TREKKIE but can he run a 5K...real slow....talking on his cell phone like me?

Hot hot hot stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuufffffffffffffffffffff
hot hot hot stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuufffffffffffffffffffff :p

Aaahhhh....I see dancing fruit and my alter ego is a turtle. Any day now the smileys are going to talk to me! :devil:

Stepping Out
07-24-2007, 02:38 AM
We now interrupt this thread for a moment of drooling. :drool: Thank you very much. :D

Now that's what I'm talkin' about sista!! ;) :s:

4myloves
07-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Kokomo

Ilene
07-24-2007, 11:57 PM
KokomoOMG, yes, I love that one too, I forgot about it...

Steelslady
07-25-2007, 01:46 AM
409 is my favorite.

Giddy up, giddy up, 409 :carrot:

I also love California Girls, Rock N Roll Music, and Kokomo.

I love the Beach Boys. Back in the 80's, I saw them in concert with Chicago- that concert was a blast. Beach Boys songs are such happy songs- they make you feel good when you hear them.

Steelslady
07-25-2007, 01:50 AM

Raises hand! BIG Bee Gees lover here. Some of my favorites- Jiv Talkin', Tragedy, Night Fever, If I Can't Have You and One.

BlueToBlue
07-25-2007, 04:44 AM
It should be Barbara Ann, cause that's my name (I'm actually named after one of my aunts and my parents swear that they were not aware of the song when they named me--they must have been pretty unhip), but my fav is Sloop John B. First year of college when my friends and I were all sick and miserable homesick, we played that song quite a bit.