Old 07-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #1  
Princess Heather

Default LA Lites and Slimdowns

I know this is old info...but apparently I am "searching imparied" on this site...because anytime I try to do a search I get silly error messages.....so here's my question......

would someone, anyone, be willing to post the nutritional info for the LA bars and the slimdowns. I know it's out there in forum land somewhere...but apparently The Princess can't get to it! LOL

Thanks!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

I found this nutrition information on the Slimdowns:

Slim-Fast Optima
Cappuccino Delight
325mL (11oz)

180 calories
6g total fat
2g sat fat
0g transfat
0.5g polyunsaturated fat
3.5g monounsaturated fat
5mg cholesterol
200mg sodium
600mg potassium
25g total carbohydrate
5g dietary fiber
18g sugars
10g protein

Not sure about the Lites - I can't eat them because of a soy allergy. Maybe someone else will post that.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:41 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I know, isn't it stupid that you have to have 4 words to do a search on the forum?!?!

this is for the caramel lite bars:

calories- 160
total fat 3.5 g
sodium-105 mg.
potassium- 140 mg.
total carbos- 24 gm.
fiber- 1g
sugars-16 g
protein- 8 g

Look in the newbie thread for the counts on the slimdowns vs. slimfasts, I posted it there from a thread Lea Ann did a long time ago.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

If you're looking for substitutes, the best ones (closest) seem to be the Lunas. Personally, when I travel, I take the Lunas because they keep better (LA Lites get mushy and disgusting). Another one I like are the Zone bars, particularly the Chocolate Fudge Graham. Those are DELICIOUS! They do have more protein in them but I look at that as a good thing because I've noticed more staying power. However, with the Zones, I tend to maintain more than lose. I lose with the Lunas as well as with the LA Lites. Suzette
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #5  

I really wish there were bars out there that could be used as a substitute for Lites that had whey protein. I can't have soy and there are sometimes I need to carry a snack with me. Been grabbing an apple with 10 walnuts (fat serving) and that seems to be a good combination, but I would love a bar. The Luna's (and even the Zone bars) are based with soy protein. ARGGGGG

Old 07-22-2007, 02:10 PM   #6  

Have you looked at the U-Turn bars? They are whey protein and they taste pretty good if I remember correctly. The downside is that they are 300 calories to a Lite's or Luna's 180, so I would probably substitute 1 U-Turn bar per day for the 2 Lites or Lunas if I were going to go that route. I realize this suggestion would never be "officially sanctioned", but it's better than going off the deep end and having a candy bar in my opinion.....one area I wish the program was better with was substitutions for those with food sensitivities. I asked about that and was essentially told there are plenty of choices on the list so just pick something else. (Here's the funny part -- I'm actually allergic to eggs, milk, wheat, and chocolate. Can you imagine trying to eliminate all of these things? Virtually impossible.)
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:13 PM   #7  

Here is a link where you can check out some of the whey protein bars:

http://www.nextag.com/whey-protein-bar/search-html

The nutritional info is included. It looks like the Detour bars are only 200 calories, so that's probably more what you're looking for. Several other choices there for you to look at too. Good luck with your search for a bar you can use with the program.
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:17 PM   #8  

Suz

Excellent suggestions. WOW, I really thought I had it bad being allergic to soy but wheat, chocolate, eggs and milk? That is really a challenge.

I will look for the Detour bars. I am on Red 1 without lites, so I don't know how I would work a bar in here and there. Guess I could always cut a fruit and starch and eat a bar if I am 'on the road'. Think that would work?

I mentioned my question at the COD and they were adimant about my not substituting anything for their Lites, either those or nothing.

Thanks again
Old 07-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #9  
Marleymom

S/C/G: 176/156/120

Height: 5'1"

I like the LUNA bars too , plus they are only 97 cents at Walmart!
Marleymom is offline   Reply With Quote