Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #1  

Default why is it so easy for guys???

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 02:58 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

I think the biggest difference is that men naturally have a higher % muscle mass which, as we know, burns fat more easily. That's why weight training is such a help in weight loss.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:42 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

It really can be frustrating!! I feel your pain!
I don't think you should ever apologize for ranting on this forum. That's why it is here, and I think that many of us can certainly relate to what you're saying. Vent away!!!

But... keep on plan.... you will get there!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

FIRST WE ARE HERE FOR YOU VENT WHENEVER YOU LIKE.
Second can I make a small suggestion after 20 yrs of yo-yo dieting.
I have learned a couple of things. For me if I set a timeline on my goal I never reached it on time. I don't do that anymore and I reach it everytime.
Just a friendly suggestion. I know timelines work for some but they never did for me and since I don't do that I never feel like a failure,
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:20 PM   #5  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #6  

In the same breath I tell my hubby how proud I am of him for doing this with me and seeing such great results, and how stupid it is that he is cheating by being a guy and having things easier. It is very frustrating, for sure, especially because we compare weight loss, and it's really not even in the same ball park. But that is just one more thing women get to overcome and succeed at!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Im in the same boat. My Dh is down to 200.4 from 223 in no time. Im proud of him. I do know how he does it though. He works hard at work, eats right, doesnt cheat, and works out every day of his life. Even when he wasnt trying to lose weight he worked out everyday.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:01 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

I'm way jealous of my husband's success as well. I can't help it. Even while I'm proud of him and rooting for him to succeed, it drives me CRAZY that I make drastic changes - and ate and exercised much better than he did even before our latest attempt - and he "cuts down" on things and loses much faster than I do. Having said that, though, I'm really grateful that he's in this with me. I recruit him to play tennis with me when he can, which helps me mix up my fitness routine some, and he's much more tolerant of my "health food." And, honestly, though I believe that it's easier for guys, it can't be all that easy, or there wouldn't be so many overweight men. So my husband really does need all of the support that I can give him, even if I can't always prevent myself from feeling jealous.

So, buck up, little camper. Vent here often. The more venting we get, the less I feel like I monopolize the venting on this forum. I also do not believe that you are a "fat ugly lump." I hope that once you've worked your way out of this funk you will not believe it either. And, since I've got Mother issues myself, I feel for you in trying to simultaneously cope with that situation and the other frustrations you've detailed. BUT - I know that you can do this. I believe that everyone on this forum has had frustrating weeks and rose above them. You will do it too.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #9  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

My husband is a pipe welder and I believe it burns something like 400 calories an hour, he works 10 hrs a day, so he is burning alot of calories. He eats and eats, and pushes food at me, because he is able to eat so much. When I met my husband I was 162, now I am 244 so I gained alot, he was always pushing me to eat more, even at my highest of 279 he would say " you need to eat more, to be healthy", yeah healthy for a walrus maybe.
My husband isn't trying to lose weight, so I can't compare any loss to mine, but I do understand your frustration.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

My husband seems to lose weight faster than I do, too. BUT... he works out seven days a week. I actually physically work out about four times a week. He probably has twice my muscle mass, so he burns more calories doing nothing than I probably do walking down the street. His biggest obstacle is food, and that weight loss is thanks to me. If I cook healthy, eat healthy, plan healthy he does well. I'm glad he's lost all he has (over 100 pounds) because of his family health problems. I'll be even happier when I catch up with him. :-) Remember - if your husband is doing well with his weight loss it's probably in large part due to your efforts. Pat yourself on the back and know that in the long run, you'll catch up.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #11  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 02:56 PM.