Old 07-13-2007, 11:26 AM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default What's your trigger food?

What can't you eat just one of? What's your kryptonite? Brings your diet down in a heartbeat?

How do you deal with it?

This week, I had to make a batch of cookies for a friend of mine. He wouldn't stop bugging me (I've been avoiding it for a month now). So I broke down and decided to make them. Now, what you don't know is that I LOVE cookies. More than any dessert. I was making a particularly awesome batch called Chocolate Crinkles which really mean "tiny brownie-like goodness." A friend of mine who is trying to lose weight with me suggested I chew gum while baking.

I'm pleased to report that worked really well! I also didn't bake too many. Most of the time I make sure there are plenty of extras so no one feels left out. It was a rather large batch but I broke it into 3 bags: 1. For my friend 2. For the boys at work that requested them. 3. For the waitresses at the pub we were meeting my friend at.

I had no cookies! Not a one! I was very pleased with myself. For me, it was proving that I could resist. I think it's made my brain stronger!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #2  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Jessica--That's awesome that you were able to resist! I'll have to try the gum chewing trick!

For me it is Cheeze-its. I can eat a whole box in no time at all! When I really, really want them and nothing else will do--I will have a 100 calorie pack of them--for some reason I am ok w/ eating just one pack, but I savor each and every one!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #3  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Right on! Nice job with the cookie avoidance technique. (C.A.T.) for an acronym.
My kryptonite is chips. I love love love them. Can't even buy them. The boys I live with eat them and when I see that I just think...That's nothin. I could eat two of those bags. Hahaha.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Cookies, ice cream, crackers, candy, chocolate, tortilla chips, cold cereal, baked goods. Pretty much anything sweet or carby.

I am usually very good at saying "no" to the first bite, but if I do eat something...well, I immediately want more. I have to handle these foods in very controlled situations. I would NEVER buy ice cream or cand or cold cereal for the house. I can not trust myself with any kind of package that I could go back and get seconds, thirds, fourths. A box of of girl scout cookies or carton of Godiva dark chocolate ie cream at home? Oh **** no.

I don't think I could bake cookies at home, the smell would be very tempting. I would tell any real friend that they just can't ask that of me (luckily, my baking skills are nonexistant so this is not an issue). Good for you for resisting!

I do pretty well with small squares of dark chocolate, small servings of Whole Foods gelato (or other single scoops of ice cream in a cup) and splitting desserts in a restaurant (I never want to seem "hoggy" with other people and it's not like you can get away with ordering a second dessert when you're done!). I try to keep the house completely junk/temptation free which helps a lot.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good job!!
Mine is also sweets, ice cream, chocolate, cake, chips, cookies...you get the idea. I try and not keep them around so I wont fall.
Yesterday I was graiting up cheese for my daughter's quesidilla, and without thinking I popped a piece in my mouth, as soon as I started chewing I spit it up, What was I thinkiing? I do have some ice cream sandwiches in the house for the family, but I haven't had the need to eat them.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:46 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Good bread... If a restaurant has really good bread, it is hard for me to just have one piece. I've done it before but it is difficult. I mainly avoid even having the first bite unless I'm prepared to struggle with not having more or prepared to blow my calories.

Fresh homemade tortillas... I ate so many tortillas when I went to visit my family last week, it was insane. My grandma even tried to give me a dozen to bring home with me but I left them with my parents because I know it'd be so hard to resist. Luckily I only get access to these once or twice per year.

Ice cream... I don't buy ice cream because it is hard for me to resist or portion control. I'd buy a box of light ice cream sandwiches and the box would be gone in a single day. If I want ice cream, I buy a low fat soft serve ice cream cup at some place like Mcdonalds.

Reese pieces... I love chocolate, I love peanut butter. If I have access to a few of them, they will all be gone. I stay far away.

Plain peanut butter... I had the bright idea of using peanut butter to dip my veggies, bad idea. I could take out 500 calories of peanut butter in a second. I buy for DH but don't eat for myself.

Turkey pepperoni... I decided low fat turkey pepperoni would be a good occassional snack. Wrong. It became a binge snack. No more for me.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #7  
Starting is half the task

S/C/G: 330/ticker/160

Height: 5'10

Mexican. I love it so...
Cokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/tracker/150

Height: 5ft5

Cookies >.<
Binged on them today.. Had 3 of those really big ones you get from Tescos. & Chocolate I binge like **** on
Emmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Anything with sugar, flour or dairy. No wonder I'm fat. lol.

I pretty much live by the mantra "It's easier to say no to the first cookie than the second" so I just avoid things entirely.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #10  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Cake. Oh, man. It's been forever since I've had cake because I know I just can't go there. Cake with frosting...cake with chocolate-dipped strawberries...cake with fillings...SIGH. Any kind. Carrot cake and chocolate cake and yellow cake and german chocolate cake and...

Now you see why I just can't go there? Forget stopping eating it, I can't even stop TYPING about it!
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good for you, GJ! Without a doubt--peanut butter.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #12  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Nelie do you have your grandmas recipe? My hispanic grandma taught me once when I was 8 and it was always a treat going to her house eating them I do NOT have the recipe though and she has been gone 16 years.

I have my own grain mill now and make my own healthier whole wheat version of tortillas with olive oil and whole wheat, they are very good, but not as great as my grandma's.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #13  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

My two biggies are cheese and potato chips. I can't have them in the house at all or I know I'm going to demolish them.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #14  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

The whole category of Baked Goods, both fully cooked and in batter form. You are amazing for avoiding BOTH!!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Anything in the sugary family, especially sugary dairy, baked goods, or candy
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote