Old 07-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 304/280/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Ugh...weekends

OK, I have decided that weekends are going to be my downfall. Since I started last Monday, I did ok during the week. Wednesday, the 4th, was a little hard to stay on track with water, but at least I didn't gorge myself as I would have done in the past. But the last two days have been so off track. During the week, I make sure to always have a glass of water on my desk, and I keep a tally on a post-it pad of how many glasses I've had. Plus, at work it's hard to just snack since the break room fridge has just pop and sauces from restaurants. Pop isn't a huge falling point for me, so it's easy enough to resist. And who wants to eat soy sauce, duck sauce, or ketchup? During the week, evenings were good. I went home, did my exercises, took care of stuff around the house, etc. But this weekend, I ate more junk thank I should, I didn't drink near enough water, and exercise was horrible. Maybe it's just that I'm still adjusting to this new way of life and hadn't really thought through my weekend plan. I know I need to work on that for the coming weekend. Anyone else have this problem and have any tips/advice for me?

Christy
ChristyDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there, Christy! It takes time to adjust to the new lifestyle and to learn how to juggle the differences between weekdays and weekends. Our weekends tend to be way less structured than the work week and therefor offer way to many opportunities to fall off plan. Attack your weekends with one change at a time....try to get in all your water. The following weekend add in exercise when you're having a "bored" moment. Pretty soon you'll have a weekend routine that you'll fall into that will work for you. It may not be the exact same as your weekday routine, but it'll still work. Keep going!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #3  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Yes, I agree with Kelly. I was the same way. Weekends were my biggest problem, because my hubby is home and he constantly snacks. So, I always think that its okay for me to. But the truth is its not! I still haven't perfected the weekend. We usually go out to eat ALOT on the weekends, but this weekend we didn't. Instead of going to McDonalds for dinner we went to the grocery store, and I ended up getting stuff I was craving and saved calories too! And not to mention money! But just take it one choice at a time. One day at a time on the weekends. And give yourself time and allowance to mess up, and find what works best for you! You can do it!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Weekends are the worst for me too. DH always wants a fattening big breakfast, then fast food for lunch and a gourmet dinner. UGH.

If you have to grab something quick for lunch i try to make it subway or taco bell. Taco bell has lots of salt, but i would rather have salt than fat and calories. I can get decently healthy stuff at taco bell and subway and that REALLY helps with lunch.

With snacks, i try not to have any that are out of bounds in the house. If the kids or dh want to snack all day, they will have to do it on berries, watermelon, jello, etc. Hate it for them, ha ha.

But i can relate, i definately struggle the most on the weekends. That is why my weigh ins are on friday. ha ha
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

To echo what everyone else has said...stick with it! I had to laugh...I always have water on my desk at work AND I keep a tally. It helps keep me on track w/ water. Unfortunately, our break room has a fully stock soda/candy machine. I don't drink soda and I just avoid the candy part of the machine! I struggle w/ drinking enough water on the weekends, too, but I'm getting better. I know having certain 'trigger foods' around the house is a big no-no for me. I have finally realized that I cannot have a whole box of cheeze-its in the house.....I have replaced them w/ either the 100 calorie packs (and limit myself to one if I must have them) or healthier snacks.

The most important advice, however, is keep at it! It does get easier!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Size 26W/Size 24W/Size 8

Height: 5'7 1/2"

I can't just sip water all day - I have to make myself chug it. So what I do is drink 2c. before everytime I eat. I eat less and often knowing that I have to (ugh!) drink water first kills my appetite.
rubberlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:02 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Weekends are definitely more difficult. Completely different scheduele, kids and hubby home. More socializing. It's hard.

BUT, I DO treat them as any other day. Meaning I plan the whole weekend out. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. That's the only thing that works for me. I also "officially" weigh -in on Mondays which helps to keep me on track. Even one bad day of the weekend can wipe out an entire week worth of good eating and exercise and I'm just not willing to do that. I also allow myself a couple of hundred extra calories each day of the weekend, kind of my way of zig zagging.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #8  

Hang in there! It will get easier!! Sounds like you've gotten a great start, so don't give up!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

It will get easier the more you do it. I think for me it's a mental thing with weekends. It's time to relax and take it easy and that used to mean relaxing my eating habits as well. I find that if I work hard all week I'm not going to undo all the good by giving in on the weekends. Hang in there - you are worth it!
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:13 PM   #10  

It gets easier every day! But the weekends are always going to be harder. Hang in there, make small changes, and keep going! Don't let a bad weekend discourage you, let it encourage you! Okay, that was corny...but true!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
BUT, I DO treat them as any other day. Meaning I plan the whole weekend out. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. That's the only thing that works for me.
I manage weekends the same as Robin's - every meal/snack is planned. I make a special grocery trip on Friday for weekend food. If I go out, I carry healthy snacks with me and try to make the best choices possible when I eat at restaurants. Subway is definitely a good choice, I also love Chipotle or a grilled salmon bowl at a teriyaki place. Sushi is also a good choice for me (as long as I avoid the creamy california rolls and crispy spider rolls!). I always stick to my "nevers" - no fast food, no fried foods, no creamy sauce and no packaged baked goods!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote