Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Accountability/Planning/Menus July 9-15

Hey Gals,
Just though I'd get us started with the new week upon us. I'm always happy when its the week again as it is so much easier for me to be responsible during the work week.

SO I have to say although I've been behaving and not eating badly and getting in gym time and regular exercise I have to admit that I'm only doing average. I'm back out of my rut where I wasn't eating anything healthy, I've lost the 5lbs that I packed on but now I'm back to what I was doing before which was eating and moving to maintain instead of eating and moving to lose. I'm thinking it is time for me to set some small goals for myself so that I have some direction to go in and hopefully that will help me motivate myself to be back to losing instead of maintaining.

My first goal is this:
I have a very big national conference in NYC the first week of September. Last years conference was awful... I was at my highest weight (around 250lbs) and in the midst of my out of control drinking...this would be the conference where we were yelled at by a bunch of guys 'hey look at the fat chicks' as if we were a sideshow attraction at a bar after a show one night.....well not this year!

My first goal is to be at 185lbs by the time I go to that conference, I know its a pretty ballsy goal, that will mean losing 20lbs in 8 weeks but what can I say I like to aim high. Because of the nature of my job the conference includes 3 big nights out at dinner, drinks, Broadway shows etc. I want to be that hot young manager from Boston rocking a classy dress!

If I meet my goal, that means I will also be close to meeting a more longtime goal that I set when I began this journey (last November) My longer term goal was to loose 100lbs in a year... I'm don't think I'll be hitting that 100lb goal on time but if I can knock off the next 20lbs it'll be 65lbs in just under a year and I'm quite happy with that!

I'm also putting in a couple of really short goals...just for this week...
No junk, I will workout at the gym at least 5 days this week...increasing intensity every time. I will weigh and portion everything, and write everything down!

Ok I think that is it. More and more every day I want to get back to losing so here goes, no more wanting just doing.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 299/299/225

Height: 5'5

Well today i'm holding myself accountable for not working out at all last week, i have plenty of excuses, but I know i could have found a 1/2 hour out of my day to do something, but i didn't....
Luckily i didn't gain anything, but i lost a whole week of progress and motivation.
Now it's Monday and I feel like i'm starting over, and just when i was starting to not huff and puff as much on the elliptical i'm back to square one.

One of my main goals is that we are going on a cruise in October, and i would love it if i was able to make the 250 pound weight limit for some of the activites i would like to do......
it would be great to have that weight off of me as last year on our cruise it was not fun to be heavy, and hot and humid .......

Ok i feel better now...
CrazyRai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

NESunshine and CrazyRai--You both have me thinking about setting some mini goals for myself. I know what my overall goal is, but it is easy to lose site of it when there is so far to go to reach that goal. Hmmm, I better start thinking of that. (I do have some mini goals in mind, just no timeframes tied to them).

So far so good today. I splurged a little at lunch, but not too bad. This afternoon despite the heat I am hitting the gym. Tonight's plan is legs/back weights and at least 20 mins of cardio. We are having company later and I know I won't go for a walk or anything this evening, so the gym right after work it is!

This heat is just sucking the life out of me!

Oh, I did my nails yesterday...they look so pretty! I still prefer having them done for me, but that's ok, they still look nice. I also read yesterday. Two nice things for me! Today I actually took my time putting on makeup, rather than just quickly slapping it on. My hair, well, it's hazy, hot, and humid....no help for my curly hair even if I had spent more time on it! I have found when I am eating healthier and working out regularly, I take much more of an interest in my physical appearance.

Ok, now I am starting to really ramble! Hope everyone is having a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi all! I was so inspired by Sunshine's cleaning that I tackled my dreaded closet yesterday and won! It looks awesome. Took me from 1 in the afternoon until midnight. A little backstory: it's a huge walk-in closet and when I moved into my house a year and a half ago I was pretty depressed and it was hard to do anything but just shove things into closets so it looked halfway pulled together. I have a ton of clothes, most of which are many sizes smaller than what I wear. So it all stayed in boxes. 4 gigantic boxes. Then stuff started to pile on top of the boxes. And on the floor. Ugh. It was so bad I couldn't even look in there let alone think about cleaning it out. But I finally did it! It's a compulsive organizer's dream now. Organized by size, then by item, then by color. Sweaters boxed in clear boxes and labeled by size. I love it! I am counting this as exercise and as my nice thing for myself as it was eleven hours of hard labor and made me feel so much better... Eating was on target too.

Today, I am eating right, exercising, and one nice thing.

I will say I'm fretting quite a bit about something. Next week I am going to my cousin's summer house for 4 days. It's on a tiny island in Canada. It's all swimming, hiking, canoeing, etc. I have to say that I have not been in a pair of shorts or a short sleeved shirt in 7 years. I wear long sleeves and long pants. I'm freaking out. I won't wear a bathing suit, but I feel like I have to quickly find shorts and t shirts and hit the self tanner. I don't want to go, but it means a lot to my dad. I feel like this is forcing me out of my comfort zone really fast. Too fast. It would be different if I were around strangers, but these are family members I haven't seen in years (nice enough people, but we are not close by any means). Really active, skinny, family members. Did I say I was freaking out?
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Today I started cleaning and sorting for a garage sale. STUFF bogs me down, so I'm glad to be getting rid of lots of it. I'm at a good place mentally for pitching stuff - the clothes don't fit so why keep them?

It's my first day home all day, so I'm really paying attention to what I'm eating. Too easy to snack if I get started, so I'm eating at the same times I did when I was working. So far, so good. The biggest difference is I had time to make a great stir fry for lunch. DH was glad to see something good, too, since we have a softball game tonight and that means a cold sandwich.

CC - you are down 40 pounds and deserve a few new clothes! Try some longer shorts or capris and short sleeve shirts that go to your elbow. You'll be cooler but still feel pretty covered up. Life is too short to worry about what other people think you look like - be happy with your loss and the smaller sizes you'll be buying. I think you'll look great!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #6  

Ha Ha, CC did I mention that I AM a compulsive organizer! I'm really out of control with the organizing...but it sounds like I could now live in your closet!

Ok, well here goes, yesterday was ok food wise...I was right on target with calories..but I did exchange my planned dinner (baked chicken and veggies) for cornflakes....only because I went to the gym last night and that was all I had time for...but I didn't have anything else late when I got home except some water, no evening glass of wine, no snacks... nothing so I'm ok with the cornflake exchange.

I've got everything planned and made for food today, and am going to be off to the gym again tonight with my friend Michele so all is well. When I have been going to the gym lately it's been maybe one early morning a week then on the weekends... I haven't been in the evening on a work week in a long time and man I was wiped this morning!

Alright well time to be off to my Tuesday staff meetings....woot
Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #7  
mj5

I had a great day yesterday--food choices were great (a little not so-great at lunch) overall and I got in a GREAT workout in the gym. So far today, all healthy food choices--and I took the time to pack my lunch last night, so no last minute store run for something! Right after work, back to the gym!

CC--I agree w/ Traci. You deserve some new clothes. I would try some capri pants on--you never know, you might like them! Remember, you have lost a lot so far! you are doing great! You can do this!

Would someone like to come to my house and clean/organize? I love doing it once I am doing it, but thinking about it....ugh! Right now it is much too hot for me to do that kind of cleaning!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #8  
Never want to go back!

Good morning!!

I'm still high from my closet success. I just want to hang out in there. And Sunshine, I'm a bit of a complusive organizer too, which is why it was such a source of anxiety for me. My friends say my kitchen cupboards are worthy of the movie Sleeping With The Enemy. All the labels line up perfectly, all the cans and bottles standing at military attention. It's calming... Oh and MJ, I had to crank the air down to 71 just to be able to do it in the heat! In a panic, I went and ordered a ton of shorts and things to try on from Lands End for the trip. It should be here in Thursday and I'll give the shorts and capris a try. I hate shopping in stores these days... I can't wait until that chore is fun again!

Anyway, eating was great yesterday and I took my walk. For my nice thing, I played with my make-up .

So for today the routine is the same. One thing I'm am really struggling with today is that I'm feeling old... I know 35 isn't old in the scheme of things, but I've really used my fat to hide from life. I am sad that it took me so long to truly wake up to what I've done to this body. I'm so amazed and saddened at how I could ignore this problem so completely for so many years. I guess my head is filled with "if only's" "what if's" etc. I'm so happy to be really focused on this now, but I wish I hadn't wasted so much of the last 20 years of my life hiding under fat.

Last edited by CLCSC145; 07-10-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #9  

Morning everyone.... speaking of everyone...did we lose a bunch of people when we re-started the thread?
Anyway, yesterday was another success... Went to the gym, stayed with all my food on plan. I'm absolutely exhausted today but hey.... it's for a good reason! Today has started off great too (despite the tiredness). Its very humid in the city so its kind of gross out but it's to be expected in July I guess!
So I have an event tonight...basically a networking event and basically it is just a big catered cocktail party. I'm going to eat something at the office before I go so I don't munch on the catering...if I munch there I'm sticking to the raw veggies that are usually present. I've planned in for 3 glasses of wine...I'm gonna try to keep it at 2 but I've planned for 3 just in case. There is a free comedy show after the event for members but I'm not staying for that.

Now is time to also start to worry about next week...its that time of year where I need to start getting together my restaurant programs for next season so I have to go to lunch at all the different places next week...and they are not healthy places... I have to go to Legal Seafoods, Maggiano's Hard Rock Boston, and some other French place next week...thats a lunch out 4 out of 5 days! And then come the first week of August I have 7 other restaurants I have to go meet with....I suppose thats one of the downfalls of my job...so many things revolve around lunches and cocktail parties...and not that it isn't fun but its just not ideal for trying to lose weight

My plan is to try to stick to basic salads..nothing big and crazy...if a sandwich is involved then I'll do it with no spread and sub a side salad instead of the usual fries etc. and I'll be hitting the gym EVERY night next week just in case....bahhhh wish me luck!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #10  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I am going to post here, sorry for being late.
I think I am doing ok. Yesterday I ate good, lots of fruit, some veggies, and did not go over anything, I also exercised and used ankle weights for the first time in years( they would not go around my ankle 2 yrs ago), and feel good. Today so far, I ate 400 calories. I got hungry a few minutes ago and had a tlc bar. I also exercised, am doing some small cleaning, and need to get ready to pick up dd from summer school at noon.
I had set a birthday goal of being in the 240's , since I acheived it and have a little over a month to go for my birthday I figured I should be able to make the 230's for my bday( I 'd be happy to be 239). I am making a baked sweet potato for lunch and will top it with yogurt or hummus, so this should make up for the mid morning snack.
I can do this!! There is no going back!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #11  
Never want to go back!

Congratulations on the 240's, Cheryl!!!

Sunshine, I am sending willpower your way for your restaurant visits... I know you'll do well, you certainly have the right attitude about all of this.

Hey, you're right! Where is everybody? Linda? Rhonda? Come back!!

So I had a good day food and exercise-wise again yesterday, but kind of a down mood evening. I won't go into the dready details, but I'm feeling better today. And I got a new avatar, so that's nice.

Anyway, have a great one today everyone. I know you all can do this!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends...I'm here, but just not posting on this thread right now.....you see, I'm not really on-plan. My brother, SIL and nephews are here for the week. My Dad and step-Mom are coming up for the weekend. I know I'm making excuses, but I just want to enjoy their visit and not worry about starting over again on my plan until things are back to normal around her.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #13  
mj5

Hi everyone! Today was another great day! Ate well and went to the gym! That makes 3 days in a row for the gym! It still bothers me that last year at this time I went 6 days a week w/ out even thinking about it and now it is back to being a struggle. It is OK, though. I am doing it now and that is what is important.

CC - Ok, cranking the a/c makes me feel better about your cleaning! LOL! I only have a/c in the bedroom, but not the closet area. So, no major cleaning for me until it gets much cooler! I cannot wait to hear about your new clothes! 35 is not old (I am 36 almost 37) and I TOTALLY hear you on wishing you had addressed this a long time ago, etc. The good news is, we are doing it now and now is what counts!

nesunshine--your job sounds awesome! Your right, though, not ideal for weight loss. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I love Boston! I have great memories of trips there when I was in college, summer vacation, and even during our honeymoon.

hellokitty--CONGRATS on meeting your goal so early!

Rhonda--have fun w/ your family!

I have been giving a lot of thought to setting mini-goals for myself. Right now my struggle is getting to the gym (or exercising if not at the gym) consistently. I have decided that as soon as I have gone to the gym for X number of visits (or REALLY exercise--even if not at the gym) I will treat myself to a manicure. Now I just have to decide what to set the goal at--high enough to be meaningful, but not too high.

The really hot, hot weather is breaking as I type this (I can feel a fantastic breeze) and I am VERY happy!

Hope everyone has a great night....my nice thing for myself tonight is to read.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #14  
Never want to go back!

Rhonda, you are ALWAYS welcome, no matter what. Plan or no plan, I'm just glad you're here. Enjoy your family!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #15  

Hey everyone!
I second CC on that one! Rhonda, Have a great time with your family!

Ok so last night was a total bust...well not totally but it was one of those nights where the networking cocktail party turned into a massive bar hop which left me quite tipsy and out way past my bedtime...the good news...I didn't go for any of the food....there wasn't a healthy choice in sight...but on the downside that meant I didn't have any real food in me so the what seemed like endless rounds of drinks hit me pretty hard and pretty fast and when I think about it I actually didn't have as many drinks as I felt like I had. There was the wine at the event...yes I had the 3 glasses...then we went over to check out the new Hard Rock Boston with the sales team and had 2 beers there....and we were there for about 2 hours...then it was off to another bar with a friend where I had another 2 beers (well he poured and I paid for 3 but I didn't make it past the first sip on that 3rd one... I declared myself done and switched to water) and we were there from about 10pm-2am

SO this was done over a 9 hour time period...and trust me when I was drinking really heavily really often I would put back double this on a night like this...funny thing is though..now that I'm not drinking often I now have no tolerance at all, it hits me like a ton of bricks and now today I'm paying for it with a headache the size of Texas! Which will certainly have me thinking twice before I do that again.

Either way headache or no headache I'm right back logging everything today and I'm accomplishing things...making hair and doctors appointments...I'm finally gonna go to the dentist etc. I can't say I'm actually getting any work done at work but I'm at least catching up on all the tons of personal crap that I've been neglecting for quite some time. I'm gonna attempt the gym after work provided I'm still upright...which there is a very big possibility that after my Wednesday night tirade and my 3 hours of sleep that I may just hit the sheets. I'm ready for the weekend though, Friday is veggie shopping day and the office closes early so I'll have plenty of time for the gym!