Old 07-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #1  
Time2fly

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'5"

Default I will know I have arrived at goal when

I was thinking about making a list for my fridge and adding to it. I want to remind myself of all the great things there are to look forward to that will come with losing weight. I thought of a few, but thought it would be fun if any one else wanted to add.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can get off the floor without having to hoist myself up using the furniture.

I will know I have arrived at goal when my knees stop throbbing.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can search the profiles on Match.com or yahoo personals and respond if I see someone I like without checking to see what body type he's interested in. Wow. I can't imagine just knowing I look good and having it all be about personality and chemistry.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can buy shirts and not care if they are long enough to hang down below that lump of tummy I have just below my waistband.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can fall off of the wave runner in the middle of the lake and get right back on instead of realizing I don't have the arm strength to haul my butt out of the water and to have to wait to be rescued by someone who watched the whole thing with his binoculars from shore (HORRIBLE!!!!)

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can shop for clothes at Target. I walked past the cutest clothes in the jr. section and 20 women, fully half of which were my size or larger, on my way to the women's section to look for a pair of shorts to discover there is no women's section at Target. (trust me, they say there is, but there really isn't). Very few stores make clothes (good clothes, cute clothes) to fit what amounts to half the population of women in the U.S.!

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can ride all the rides at Cedar point with my daughter and not have to worry that the belt won't stretch, the bar won't lock, etc.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I no longer have to shop at Lane Bryant and pay $50 for a decent shirt.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can wear a bathingsuit that does not have a skirt on it.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can sit or climb without worrying about breaking something.

I will know I have arrived at goal when the sounds I hear walking are more likely to be bird chirps and car horns than insults and pig snorts.

I can't wait! Life is going to be so much sweeter.

Last edited by Phoenix32203; 07-07-2007 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Forgot one!
Phoenix32203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Great Thread!!

I will know when I have arrived at goal when I can enjoy shopping for clothes again.

I will know when I have arrived at goal when I am no longer a slave to fast food LOL.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I do not avoid going to Schlitterban anymore.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #3  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

I will know I`ve reached goal when that slice of tiramisu looks tempting, but no thanks

I will know I`ve reached goal when the clapping I hear when I`m running comes from my multitudes of fans, not my thighs

I will know i`ve reached goal when I no longer have sausage like fingers.

I will know I`ve reached goal when I can no longer have belly wars with my boyfriend.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:14 AM   #4  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by archy View Post
I will know I`ve reached goal when the clapping I hear when I`m running comes from my multitudes of fans, not my thighs
FDLOL, I know what you mean on this one!

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can reach into my closet and everything in there fits me all the time.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I will know I've arrived at goal when:

I no longer see a strained face when my boyfriend picks me up.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:21 AM   #6  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Phoenix, terrific thread and I agree with every one of your goals.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can stand to look at a picture of myself.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can stand before my Sweetie naked and not cringe with disgust.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can where really high-heeled shoes and not have my fat foot look like it's about to bust the poor shoe.

I will know I have arrived at goal when I can go into all those stores that sell cute clothes at normal sizes.

I will know I have arrived at goal when my family looks at me and congratulates me on actually getting the weight off instead of giving it lip service.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelypurple View Post
I will know I've arrived at goal when:

I no longer see a strained face when my boyfriend picks me up.
I don't think my husband has EVER been able to pick me up, and he's a strong guy! (Not that I would let him try -- I don't want to kill him).

Speaking of him, I will know I'm at goal when I weigh at least 5 pounds LESS than he does. I'm getting there! He weighs around 170 now, I believe. He's five inches taller than I am, and he's a man, for God's sake -- I should weigh less than he does!! I weighed over 100 pounds MORE than he does a year ago, though!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #8  
Time2fly

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'5"

Wow! To be within 5 pounds when not so long ago you were 100 pounds heavier! Must feel amazing. I always outweighed my husband when I was married too. Made me feel just awful. And Pita, I know what you are saying about disrobing in front of your honey and cringing. Yikes! Was my least favorite thing to do.

I thought of more....
I will know I am at goal when I can stop wearing queen size pantyhose. Good god, they fit up top, but bag at the ankles!!! Yuck!
I will know I am at goal when people can tell I am actually doing a crunch (snicker, shicker). My belly is so big right now, it just looks like I am making funny faces.
I will know I am at goal (and this is a BIGGIE) when I feel ready to finally see the boy I have been in love with all my life again and show him what he missed out on. So there.
I will know I am at goal when I go to school meetings with my daughter and no longer feel like Frump-Mom.
I will know I am at goal when I can donate every stitch of clothing I own and go on a shopping trip that rivals any What not to Wear episode. I cannot wait to enjoy shopping again!!!!!!

I plan on being smoking hot one day.

Thanks for sharing....anyone have anymore?
Phoenix32203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #9  

I will know I'm at goal when I can wear a swim suit and look AWESOME in it.

I will know I'm at goal when I don't avoid getting my picture taken at all costs.

I will know I'm at goal when I can run around in short shorts and look great.

I will know I'm at goal when I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of how I look.

I will know I'm at goal when I can buy just about any piece of clothing I want, and fit in it!

{The big one} I will know I'm at goal when I can walk by the guy I've been in love with for years, and make him crank his head just to keep watching me.

I will know I'm at goal when a guy asks me for my number.

I will know I'm at goal when I finally get asked out on a date

lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

When my weight on my driver's license is no longer a lie!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #11  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I like this thread,
Here are my personal ones...
I know I have arrived at goal when, I can shop at more than one store in the mall
I know when I have arrived at goal when I can run without feeling tired.. or short of breath
I know when I have arrived at goal when I am not ashamed to tell people my weight
I know when I have arrived at goal when I can bend down , or sit on the floor fast without having to lean on something to get up
I know I have arrivede at goal when I can wear a shirt that does not cover up my stomach and most of my shorts/capris.
I know I have arrived at goal when I can wear a pair of jeans( I do not wear jeans, haven't for 17 yrs)
I know I have arrived at goal when I feel proud.
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #12  
Failure is not an option

S/C/G: 344/321/140

Height: 5'3"

What an awesome thread!

I will know I am at goal when I see a picture of myself that I was unaware was taken & not be surprised at how big I am

I will know I am at goal when I don't break into a sweat climbing a flight of stairs

I will know I am at goal when I don't come up with every excuse not to go in a public pool afraid that people will see me

I will know I am at goal when I can pass Avenue to buy clothes in that cute little shop

I will know that I am at goal when I have no problem running outside to play with my boys

I will know I am at goal when I get get rid of all my fat clothes
TinaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #13  

Height: 5.6

This is a great thread!

I will know that I am at goal - when I can see a picture of myself and not cry on the inside.

I will know that I am at goal - when my wonderful supportive sister-in-law has to find another topic which to bludgeon and publicly embarass me.

I will know that I am at goal - when I can look at my sister-in-law and say "So there!".

I will know that I am at goal - when I no longer dread company functions.

I will know that I am at goal - when I can buy the clothes that I truly enjoy instead of just what fits.

I will know that I am at goal - when I can do all the things that I have avoided because I just "was not interested at the time" - when it was actually because I was just too big.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #14  

...when I don't worry about my chins when pictures are taken.

...when it no longer takes a full can of shaving cream to shave ONE leg (well...maybe not...but ya know)

...when I actually have curves instead of lumps.

...when I can throw a shirt on and not worry about how it looks, if my ew-ness is showing, how bad my rolls are rolling.

...when I put on my hubby's tshirt it looks less like a mumu, and more like "awww"
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #15  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

...when weight (and the fact that I have way too much of it) doesn't consume every one of my waking thoughts.

Oh, and that thing about seeing the guy you've been in love with your whole life? Yeah, that.
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote