Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/205/140

Height: 5 ft 5 inch

Default Just need some motivation

I've tried to stick to a diet this work and I've been doing ok. I think I need to excersise 'every' day to be able to start loosing weight, but it's not all bad because I've managed to maintaine my weight even though there have been 3 birthdays in the past week and we've ended up going out for meals and things.

Anyway, towards the end of this week, I'm beginning to feel a bit low because I have nothing to do in the week as I can only work at the weekend. I say to myself, oh just go on the excersise bike three times a day, go for walks etc to fill time. But I'm finding it hard because when you don't have to get up for work as such, it's harder to feel awake and motivated.

I was just hoping if you guys could try an help motivate me. I remember clicking on a link somewere on the forum and it loaded up a page which had lots of motivational phrases, but I can't remember were that is.

oh an theres also the problem that although i try to stick o a certain amount of cals a day, i cant eat like, a low fat treat, like a pack of snack a jacks or something becasue i feel ike the only way i can work out and lose weight is by eating breakfast, lunch and tea.

I just wana say that finding this site has pushed me in the right direction because its nice to know that there are people int he world who are working towards similar aims and are willing to help each other out. I've been on other forums and there are some horrible people out there which is why I'm a bit cautious about what I say, but it seems a nice atmosphre here

And the goal pics really inspire me

Thanx for your help

Last edited by Rusty; 07-05-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:18 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi Rusty!

This is an awesome place! Good luck with your weight loss, and check in and post regularly so that we can get to know you!! I come here EVERY day (often several times) - it is motivating and wonderful

Glad you've joined us!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

hey! i know exactly how you feel. the easiest way is honestly to just do it . get up as if you were going to work drag yourself to the shower. youll wake up. i've been having the same problems but my suggestion is probably no help. i have the snack. i want to be happy and stick to a diet if it makes me feel sad i cant have anything i know ill quit so i give in and treat myself sometimes. other times i have the craving i just down water and go for a walk it usuallly goes away. or ha ha i lift up my shirt and really think if i want it there i know weird. as far as being bored , 2 weeks? what have you always wanted to do? look online . take a surf lesson one day, try indoor rock climbing, or a singing lessons if thats something you've ever wanted to try, **** learn to speak another language you've been wanting to learn . life is short when you have time for yourself take advantage of it . .. .. do things you have only dreamed of. This site is awesome . were always here when you need someone. pm me if you ever need to good luck! and get off the couch!! or bed!!!!!!!!!!
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Rusty!

Here's a link to the inspirational sayings thread--one of them, anyway.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113241

I agree that you'll feel better if you put yourself on a schedule during the week that's not so different from your work schedule. Get up, have breakfast, and so on!

If you work out your calories every day, then you can try including snacks. It's not wrong to have snacks, as long as you account for them in your calorie total for the day.

3FC is a good site. We do have rules of politeness here. If anyone makes disrespectful or mean comments, just send a PM to the mods or admins with a link to the thread involved, and someone will check it out.

Good to see you!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:56 PM   #5  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Rusty,
We all know what you are going through. I think just the thought of needing to lose weight more than wanting to lose weight is hard to even think about. Then deciding which plan to do is enough to make you crazy! I am doing Atkins, because the carbs are what has been making me fat. For you, you need to pick what your weakness is and choose from there.
When you decide what you're going to do, take it one day at a time. Make short goals for yourself and pretty soon you will be on your way to losing your weight. I know it sounds hard but if we keep putting those negative thoughts in our mind, we will never accomplish anything.
Speak positive things into your life, knowing you can lose the weight and you can reach your goals. The more you speak these things the more your mind will catch up with your body and pretty soon you will be motivated.
You Can Do It!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote