South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:11 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Would this be Setting Myself Up to fail?

Hi Ladies:
I was thinking of Declaring my Independence from Crap Tomorrow. However God knows how many BBQs we're going to be stopping at.
Do you all think starting day 1 ph 1 would be a protective thing ie I can't eat that crap anyway or would it be to stressful? ARG!!!!
I just want to stop being the Cookie Monster!
Thanks
Kier
Old 07-03-2007, 12:20 PM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

All depends IMHO...have you done grocery shopping yet to get your SB foods?
If so, you could eat a big breakfast and then just take some snacks with you and eat again when you get home (or bring a lunch of turkey/lettuce wraps or something else portable with you) Most people serve salads, but I wouldn't depend on finding something at someone else's house...and you don't want to end up starving and then eating something that's a no-no when out or eating everything in site when you come home and being mad at yourself...

So, if you can't bring all your food with you, I'd wait till the next day to start and just try to be very careful what you eat tomorrow..eat without going nuts!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I know that I wouldn't start tomorrow. Waiting one more day won't hurt. Nobody said it would be easy but that might be adding another constraint.

Perhaps you could focus on just Phase II stuff. What sorts of things will be served?

"Fail"???? There is no such thing as the F word - you are either on programme of off programme.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks Ladies! I think I will officially start Thursday but still try to eat the bulk of my food away from the prying eyes of BBQ ppl Or at least stick to the crudite! I have to get to the store!
I'm already practicing "Everything looked delicious thank you so much!"
Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

me personally we picked a start date two weeks in advance and ate all our junk and cleaned out the house and went on the plan as we figured

i'd wait till thursday.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Give yourself a test run. If you make it through the barbeques and stayed on plan, then just keep going. If not, then no biggie, start Thursday.

Definitely shop BEFORE you start. It's so much easier to stay on plan when you have a plan. Get your meal ideas ready so you aren't tempted to just grab whatever's easiest.

You CAN do it. You are doing it for your health, and you DESERVE to be healthy!

Kara
Closed Thread