Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default The big D diet - and D isn't Dallas (Divorce)

The country song... heading to the big D and it's not Dallas.

How many are losing or have lost a lot during/after a divorce?

I left my ex almost three years ago, the first year was rough and I exercised a lot to keep my sanity. Some days it was 2-3 hours a day, and you can imagine that I gained some back when I quit overdoing it and quit dieting - went back to some old habits.

I suppose getting thin then was partly revenge and partly I was trying to find "me" again. I was tall and thin when I dated him, I think food was a way I coped with what a jerk he was. The first year with him I gained a lot, when I was pregnant I wasn't the happiest and ate way too much.

Now my inspiration is more for my boy. This winter I sat around depressed, ate and drank all over again. Realized quickly it doesn't take much to put on 20 lbs in a winter! Yikes. My boy is only 3, I'm an older mom. I have to have lots of energy for this kid, and I have to stay positive.

However sometimes I'm certain divorce is a motivator. On tv some celebrity once termed it "the divorce diet"... sure one wants to look good in case they meet someone. But honestly I don't really care if I meet someone or not as much as I was burned in this insane marriage of mine. I just want to be "me" again. The me that was tall and thin and confident. Amazing how a bad relationship can make one fat and sad and....
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

I too have been separated/divorced for almost two years. At the beginning I was very depressed and ate too much - no exercise. I have now decided that I need to 'get a life' and part of that is to get back into some semblance of physical health - in no way am I doing it for 'a new man'.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote