Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 09:55 AM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's #99

Hi Myra. I don't know what is wrong with it. It seems to be working now. Weird. Thanks for letting me know.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 12-11-2001, 09:57 AM   #2  

Just pulling this up.
Terri
Old 12-11-2001, 10:33 AM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Love the snowman. Luckily most the snow we got over the weekend is gone now. Hopefully it won't be too snowy this year, although a white Christmas would be nice.
Old 12-11-2001, 05:37 PM   #4  

Talking

Hi

#99 already! I can't believe it. I guess with the attachments the threads are shorter. I love the attachements.

Terri, Pete will be on this shift till March. At least he has weekends off so it's not going to be as bad as I thought. I really miss him alot. We're always together. He's my buddy.

Myra, how much snow did you get? I'm dying for it to snow. It would be nice to have a white Christmas.

JanieD, I received a couple of cards. Then again, I sent mine out early & the ones I'm receiving are from the people I sent to. They feel obligated

I've been so off program it isn't funny These chocolates are killing me !!! Chocolate at work & I have kisses in a candy bowl at home. I'm not stressing over it. I'll start in January. Right now I'm just taking it one day at a time. If I maintain I'll be happy.(for now)

Well, let me go lurk for a bit then off to watch my soaps.

Have a great evening

Hi Jen, Dianne, Ruth, Sandy,Zoe & Joyce another one missing in action!

Hugs,
Essie

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 12-11-2001 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:44 PM   #5  

I remember your house last year Myra when you sent the snow picture. It sure was beautiful. A white Christmas is always beautiful. It seems so peaceful.

Essie,
I love when you say Pete is your buddy. That is cute. Bruce is my buddy too.

You will do great in 2002. WOW! That sounds weird. 2002. Going too fast.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 12-11-2001, 10:12 PM   #6  

JanieD put this on #98 so I brought it over.

Sandy,
Happy Belated Birthday. I am sorry that I missed it. I know what you mean about trying to maintain both traditions. It does keep us busy. My DH, Steve, is Jewish and I am Christian, so I can relate.

Ruth,
COngratulations on your spectacular loss. I WI timorrow morning and I am expecting a good loss this time. Keep you fingers crossed.

For those of you that have all of your shopping done and all your gifts wrapped : I may never catch up. Have any of you been receiving CHristmas cards? I haven't received any this year so far. I think a lot of people aren't sending them because of hte anthrax scare. What do you think?

Terri,
Sorry I missunderstood about your goal. You and I are in the same boat then. I am 5'8" and my weight range is 131-158 but I want to be <145. I have been wandering around 155 for the last 2 months and I am so frustrated. SInce you are doing so well, DO you have any ideas of how to jump start my program again?

Hi to Essie, Myra, Zoe, Diane, Jen and Joyce.

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 12-11-2001, 10:16 PM   #7  

I will send some plateau articles I have found to your personal e-mail. I know how frustrating it is. I will probably hit a plateau around Christmas and some time after it. Just think how much healthier you are and every day you are still looking fine. If you give up think where you could be. Everyday that you do not gain is being on program. Your body is not cooperating right now is all. You are still op. YAY!!!!
TTYL,
Terri
Old 12-12-2001, 02:50 PM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

Our computer's down, something to do with the modem or port. So I'm using Joe's laptop, which I'm not used to....talk about typos!!!

Es, like you, I'm ready for some snow! Love those White Christmases. We've received the same amount of cards as other years. I did make a point of looking for cards that had a message of Peace, it was important to me.

Sandy, Happy Belated Birthday!

Ruth, way to go on the loss! great job

Terri, have a wonderful Christmas this weekend. I'll be thinking of you.

have to go wrap some presents, haven't done one yet ...... to everyone

Jen
Old 12-12-2001, 06:01 PM   #9  

Angry

Hi Buddies

Jen, I really enjoy wrapping gifts but it's very time consuming. I haven't wrapped Dave's gift (Xbox) I'll leave that for last. I think it's too obvious. He has no idea what he's getting. I can't wait to see his expression! Hope you get your computer fixed soon.

I have to work Christmas Eve but they let us out at 2:00. We're going to my brother's around 4:30-5:00 then to Dave's. I don't know if you all remember that Dave & my nephew share a house. My nephew & his wife are cooking. They said they have it covered. I wanted to bring something but they don't want me too. They are so cute. I love them so much. That's my sister's oldest son. My sister with all the problems. She has great kids. They grew up in a dysfunctional home but they turned out so good.

Terri, how do you handle the holidays? So many goodies everywhere you go. It's so hard!!! I need some tips.

Till tomorrow

Have a nice evening.

Es
Old 12-12-2001, 08:40 PM   #10  

Es,
At parties I picture nasty fingers touching the food and kids and stuff while they are being made. Like the cub scouts parties I have told you about. That is the only way I can do it. The stuff looks so good. Like at the last party I went to this guy was sticking bread into the spinach dip (Which I love) instead of putting some on his plate and his nasty fingers were going in too. NASTY.
I am sure Dave will love his X-BOX. That is too cool. I guess kids never get too old for their games. Bruce loves ours.

Jen,
Hope the computer problems go away.
I have to wrap mine too. I love doing it til' I get about half way and then I don't. I have to do in shifts.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 12-12-2001, 10:37 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, you have the absolute best method of staying away from food I love it. Well, I still didn't get any gifts wrapped instead I spent the afternoon sewing. I made a duvet cover for our new down comforter. It was fun, I'd like to get back into sewing more.

Es, hey, just enjoy the feast on Christmas Eve! Not cooking is one wonderful gift, as far as I'm concerned! I'm like you, can't stay away from the goodies. I'm determined to maintain during the holidays, can't afford to gain any, that's for sure. My new year's resolution is not going to be to lose weight, which I say EVERY year. Instead, I'm resolving to incorporate exercise into my life and stick with it. Even if it's walking 3x a week, hey, it's lots more than I'm doing now! I figure that if I can, at the minimum, do that, then I'll move on to more.

Tonight at class my instructor offered me a job! He's the CFO of a huge retirement/extended care "village" in a nearby suburb. He said they're looking for a staff accountant, and wanted to know if I was interested. I jokingly said, "I'm not an accountant!" and he replied that I could do the job. Well, the evening passed, and we never discussed it further. I'm going to find out the particulars; while I'm not intending to go back to work till next fall, I'd be a fool to not at least look into this. Perhaps it's a sign? All I know is that if I don't at least look into it, I'll regret it down the line, right?

Problem is, I haven't applied for a job, or interviewed, since, get ready, 1976.....yep. (Remember, I worked from 1976 to 1999 at my last job) No resume ready, etc. So I'm going to check it out and get my butt in gear if it sounds do-able. Even if nothing comes of it, it's already done tons for my ego.

till tomorrow,
Jen
Old 12-13-2001, 09:35 AM   #12  

Hi All,

I have been knocking myself out the past couple of days working. I am designing a data base for the marketing dept. of a small publisher. I do MS Access and work only part time as a freelancer. It is amazing to me what a great match their needs are for my skills and work style. So I am having a lot of fun. Especially because they are so appreciative. There is nothing like positive reinforcement.

What I need though is some positive reinforcement at the scale. I am not really deserving though, as this birthday celebration and some Christmas events were too challenging for me to get all the way back on program. I will weigh in later today. I think that at least if I am working back to the right mindset I will be fine.

Terri ,
I love all those cute images that you post

Jen ,
I always stayed home with my kids except for volunteer work. until about 3 years ago. I did so much computer work for various organizations that eventually these people became a network that helped me get the paid work that I do now. The last time I did a resume was in 1981!! It was really great to have these people willing to recommend me. I didn't have to produce a resume at first, but now I actually have something to put on one.
So think seriously about whether that job offered to you might work.

Hi Es, Myra, JanieD and I am still learning names so hi to all I missed ,

I have to get cracking and do some shopping today!
Your friend, Sandy
Old 12-13-2001, 09:48 AM   #13  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Well, I didn't get positive reinforcement at the scale this week. Gained .6. Sort of bummed, but considering everything's going crazy in my life plus the holidays, I guess it isn't too bad. I am determined for next week to be better.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:48 PM   #14  

Hi there guys. I've been viewing vicaroiusly for a few weeks, and saw Essie's post about chocolate.

I was pretty out of control last night regarding chocolate and potato latkes it's not funny. - Well maybe a bit. - It started with "just a few jelly beans" at a friends during lunch, and then a couple of potato latkes - yes thre fried kind - and while my DH, stepson, and MIL were chomping on apple pie I "nobley" sat and ate a skinny cow. Then while hubby was dropping step and MIL back at the hotel... I was consumed with chocolate cravings and inhaled first a 2pts pudding and then moved on to the chocolate "gelt" - e.g. chocolate coins. - 8 pieces if I'm being honest. I just couldn't stop.

Got too many events, parties, and dinners evey night this week and next and the kid in me just wants to forget I'm on program and splurge.

FYI - I'm 45 and exercise about 3x per week. Yes, including this morning.

Thanks for letting me vent. and having this post.
Old 12-13-2001, 02:06 PM   #15  

Hi gals,
I WI yesterday but didn't get to login to tell you I lost 1#. I am now at a total Loss of 25# since July 4. YaH!!! The reason I didn't get to login yesterday is that I went to a COnference In SF. It is the AMerican Geophysical Union Annual Fall conference. I go every December and while I am in SF I buy myself a special birthday present. This year I bought a really beautiful silver choker necklace. I don't tell my husband how much I spend and thank goodness, so far, he has never asked.

Terri,
Thanks for the plateau articles. I haven't had a chance to read them yet, but I am l ooking forward to it.

Have a great Thur everyone,
JanieD
Closed Thread