Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #1  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Default Will my skin sag?

I am finally serious about losing weight and have lost 27lbs. I started at 243, now I'm at 216. I'm not really exercising too much, so I hoping that my skin won't sag and I'll end up having to get plastic surgery.
Does anyone else have this concern?
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/148/130

Height: 5'2''

Default hello!

Hi! Well I am a mother of four kids so my skin on my belly hangs no matter. I've found the slower you lose weight and the more hydrated you are the less your skin will sag. Cause the longer you take time to lose the more time you allow your skin to bounce back naturally, rather then fast weight loss and saggy skin...which does happen. Now say you lose weight and your skin doesn't sag...you still will probably have loose skin when you pull up on your skin, but it will bounce back. I have that... It is not so bad. I am with you all the way!

Good Job!
happy21angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #3  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Default Hi Happy21Angie

Thanks for the info!
I'm doing Atkins, so in two months I lost the 27lbs. I probably should eat a little bit more so I don't lose alot too fast.
I'm not on the induction phase, I'm doing the On Going Weight Loss part now. I'll just add more carbs to my diet and that should help.
I guess I'll see how it goes down the road. It's funny, when I dieted before, I never worried about this. I'm 45 and I can see the signs of aging. LOL!
Thanks again for the encouragement!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:53 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Hey there!

No one can tell whether or not your skin will sag. It is based on alot of factors. Please read the Weight Loss and Skin FAQ sticky at the top of this forum http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

All the answers you could possibly want are there courtesy of Meg.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote