Old 06-22-2007, 06:51 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default a little bummed out...2 weeks in and a 1lb gain

It will be 2 weeks on Monday since I started counting calories. I dont know if anyone remembers but I went off of Medifast, where I was eating around 850 a day and had lost 14 pounds in 5 weeks.

I think I may have shocked my body by going up to 1200 calories a day. But I feel so much better and have so much more energy and the hair loss I was experiencing on medifast has slowed right down. Still...its a little discouraging to stick to it and not lose. I guess i'm just impatient! But even a half a pound would be nice instead of seeing a gain. The only other thing that might be hampering my loss is that i'm not getting all of my water in.

Has anyone else had this happen? How long will I go before I start to lose again? Surely a 1,000 cal deficit a day is going to cause me to lose weight eventually, isnt it?
valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Wow!Look what you have already lost ,that is great.You are really close to goal, those last pounds always seem hardest to lose.IMHO when you went from 850 calories to 1200 calories your body must have jumped for joy. Food shes giving us food at last.I would keep on with 1200 calories ,at least for a couple more weeks and see what happens.Let your body get used to eating a more normal diet , if that doesn't work you may have to cut back on calories and start adding them back slowly.
l

y
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #3  

thanks bargoo. I will stick with it for another couple of weeks and see if anything happens. Its just hard going from losing quickly to stopping suddenly, even though I feel better physically.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #4  
Yes, indeed.

S/C/G: 176/170/125

Height: 5'5"

I just gained a pound last week and I've upped my calories from 800-900 to 1000-1100. But I added in exercise as well, and I've been working hard at this. So my icky one pound that puts me at 156 and negates my 10 pounds lost mini-goal is reeeeeally bringing my spirits down. At least I'm not the only one. I had more immediate goals, but I guess the only thing I can do now is be... patient. Hard for an instant gratification person.
cupcakesundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakesundae View Post
I just gained a pound last week and I've upped my calories from 800-900 to 1000-1100. But I added in exercise as well, and I've been working hard at this. So my icky one pound that puts me at 156 and negates my 10 pounds lost mini-goal is reeeeeally bringing my spirits down. At least I'm not the only one. I had more immediate goals, but I guess the only thing I can do now is be... patient. Hard for an instant gratification person.
I know just how you feel. I'm also glad that someone else knows how frustrating it can be. Hope to see you around and hopefully, we will both have some better new in the next few weeks! Good luck to ya...
Old 06-22-2007, 08:42 PM   #6  

You guys aren't alone. I lost 9 lbs. and was doing great on 1500 a day (zigzagging, though, not 1500 every day). Then, my sister came for a visit and I can't seem to get with the program ever since. I weighed myself last week and found that I've gained 2.2 lbs. I am so discouraged that I can't seem to get back into calorie counting. It seems as if it takes so much effort to lose 1 measley pound in a week but very little effort to put on 2 lbs. in a week.

I'm 158 and would like to lose 20 lbs., but I'm realistic. I know that after years and years of dieting, I get burned out fast. So, for this week, I've set myself a non-calorie goal: Eat at least 5 veggies & fruit every day. Heck, I can only eat so many calories when I'm full of veggies and fruits (it helps that I love them). I've had no problem meeting this goal, so that makes me feel good. This is all to say that maybe you should set a non-weight goal (e.g., build up to 5 full-body pushups, eat more veggies, etc.). This way, you'll have something to pat yourself on the back for when the scale is being difficult.
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:09 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnm39 View Post
You guys aren't alone. I lost 9 lbs. and was doing great on 1500 a day (zigzagging, though, not 1500 every day). Then, my sister came for a visit and I can't seem to get with the program ever since. I weighed myself last week and found that I've gained 2.2 lbs. I am so discouraged that I can't seem to get back into calorie counting. It seems as if it takes so much effort to lose 1 measley pound in a week but very little effort to put on 2 lbs. in a week.
Yep, I know how you feel too. The thing is...eating is so easy where burning extra calories is work. I'm a stay at home mom with a toddler. It seems like I am constantly up and down all day long doing something for the baby or keeping him out of trouble...you'd think i'd be burning calories like nuts but no....its like our bodies are punishing us for every unnecessary bite of food we ever took in our lives, lol!

Quote:
I'm 158 and would like to lose 20 lbs., but I'm realistic. I know that after years and years of dieting, I get burned out fast. So, for this week, I've set myself a non-calorie goal: Eat at least 5 veggies & fruit every day. Heck, I can only eat so many calories when I'm full of veggies and fruits (it helps that I love them). I've had no problem meeting this goal, so that makes me feel good. This is all to say that maybe you should set a non-weight goal (e.g., build up to 5 full-body pushups, eat more veggies, etc.). This way, you'll have something to pat yourself on the back for when the scale is being difficult.
Thats a really great idea, Lynn!