Old 06-21-2007, 08:21 AM   #1  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Default 30 something thursday June 21

Good morning everyone

Today should be interesting. It is my FIL birthday so my DH is already having a hard time. He is starting this new drug to quit smoking. chantix or something.

Anyway hope all is well with everyone and I will check in later. Allergies kicking my butt this week. I will be having surgery on my legs either July or aug. I prefer aug I have to wear these panty hose for 6 to 8 months
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!

I feel like I got hit by a Mack truck. My head is ready to explode (sinus'), my right wrist hurts from sleeping funky (probably trying to dodge feet or something), my top of left foot hurts for some unknown reason (probably because I've been wearing the same slip-ons for awhile now that have no support), and my left arm hurts as usual because of the tennis elbow...that will go away soon.

Sheila, GL to DH on quitting. Never heard of that drug. Is the surgery laser, or do they have to cut?

Lisa, CONGRATS on the job! Hey, it's something!

Joan, I would be in trouble if I got a job at DD!! I don't like Starbucks, but DD is my downfall!

GG, wanna see pics of the new 'do!!

OK, I'll be back later to read and try to respond!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #3  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All -

Hi Shelia, send some well wishes to your husband, it has to be hard.

I gotta know - what does the DH stand for? I suppose H is Husband.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #4  
sheila

It is laser
Lauren: I hope you get feeling better

Angie: I am assuming Darn husband and on bad days Damn husband
Old 06-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #5  
LBH

Angie, it could be Dear, Darn, Damn, Dumba$$... Whatever is appropriate at the time!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:17 AM   #6  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Sheila... Tell your husband good luck. i quit smoking last june after smoking for 15 years. It is very difficult but if he can make it through the first 72 hours then he can do it. the first 72 hours are the hardest cause that is when you go through the nicotine withdrawl. After that it is just the habit that is hard to get rid of.

Good luck with the surgery. I had back surgery in August last year and I had to wear those white tight things for 2 weeks. I could not imagine wearing them for 6-8 months. That is horrible so good luck with that.

Lauren... it sounds like you are falling apart.

Anyway. talk to you later.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:51 AM   #7  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for clearing that up. I am sure I will think of a few others as well.
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

good morning everyone we are off to a hot day in Indiana. but a good one i have lost one more pound that's 5 total now. was very surprised most of the time i gain when it is TOM

sheila my mom and uncle have both been on chant ix and now smoke free for 8 weeks

lol...i think the D is determined by them.....

hope everyone has a great day and burns lots of calories
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #9  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Good morning all...

Well I'm off to a good start, I'm back down to 213.5...Yeah! I figured it would take a lot longer to get the weight I gained last weekend off, but here I am doing the happy dance!

Sheila - My sister and mother used Chartrix (sp?) and my sister hasn't smoked in almost 4 months and my mom is almost a month smoke free. Apparently it's like the new wonder stop smoking drug...acts as a damper on the nicotine receptors in the brain. So far they're both reporting no cravings, just the need to change their routines so they don't want to smoke out of habit.

LBH - Sounds like you need an Aleve and a hot bath, perhaps a massage to repay yourself for all your hard work and your already incredible weight loss!

Lisa - Congratulations on your new job! I love starting new jobs, I'm one of those people that thrives on a challenge and learning new things. I hope you love it and that they realize what a gem you are and take you full-time, but only if that's what you really want. The universe provides for us what we truly want.

Christina - Did you ever find the recipes I posted? I tried the curried chicken with bell pepper sauce last night...YUM! Even DH loved it (except he picked out all the raisins)

To everyone...have a wonderful Thursday!

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:29 AM   #10  
LBH

Tamara, Thanks for the compliment, but you must be looking at someone else's ticker or stats! Mine are pathetic...
Old 06-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

just a quick hi...doing well today...actually had a very slow day. Only one surgery, then went to a dental apt and had a laceration repair when i came back. Just waiting for boss to come back from work then hopefully i'll get to go home early. Have a meeting tonight at a really nice resturant in town for CE (continuing education) credits (vet's have to have so much CE every year). The meal and alcohol is paid for by the company...woohoo free food. Dispite being out of school for 5 yrs..i still love free food. I'll try to post pics of my hair when i get a moment.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/tracker/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi everyone! Happy Thursday!

and happy summer solstice! and Happy 10th anniversary to me and DH!!! Ten years! Yowza!!! we're celebrating on Saturday after we drop the kids off to spend a whole week with the in-laws.

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Jennifreckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #13  
sheila

Just curious what the heck is going on with the world today all the news is bad..................
Old 06-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #14  
On my way...

sheila... I know what you mean. did you hear abou the guy in Texas that got beat to death because he was a passenger in a car that hit a 2 year old boy. and might I add that the little boy is fine..... If it is like this now, what is it going to be like when our kids are adults. Scary.....
Old 06-21-2007, 04:04 PM   #15  
On my way...

I can not get past 240. OMG. I am getting so frusterated. I need some encouraging words. Thanks

Daphne