General chatter - I'm so sad....my poor kitty. :(

View Full Version : I'm so sad....my poor kitty. :(

BabyBrownEyes
06-11-2007, 03:57 PM
My mom just left to take my 17 year old cat in renal failure to the vet to be put down.

I am so distraught and sad. She was my baby...I've had her since I was 5, and now she's gone. :( She was getting really miserable the past 5 months and we just couldn't stand to see her like that anymore. She was so precious, always sleeping on my chest when I woke up in the morning....always bringing me dead mice...(She really loved me) :^:

My mom is bringing her home so we can bury her...I just couldn't go to the vet and watch them do it. I was already bawling my eyes out when I put her in the carrier..

I am sooo sad guys..:cry:

4myloves
06-11-2007, 04:02 PM
:sorry: :cry: :cry: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss. My baby is only 6 and I have to give her an insulin injection everyday for her diabetes--I know the day is coming that I'll have to give her up, but I hope it's far far far away. :cry:

BabyBrownEyes
06-11-2007, 04:06 PM
It seems like time with our babies goes by so quickly....I can't believe she was 17

I hope your baby lives a very long time....which with medicine these days is very possible.

Clue0983
06-11-2007, 04:17 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your baby. I know all too well what you are going through. My mom had to take mine about 6 months ago cause I was out of town. I'll say a little prayer for her and you!

deedee10
06-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost two cats recently to kidney failure, one was 22 yrs, the other 16 yrs. I know it hurts so much because they are part of the family. I hope your heart heals quickly.

ladyjane
06-11-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm so sorry, that's awful.

Too bad you're not closer to PA. We had a stray cat have kittens under our deck. We need to find 5 kitties a good home!

BabyBrownEyes
06-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers guys..:hug:

Mom came home and said the vet was very understanding...aparently our dear kitty was in more stress and pain then we could see. She's in a much better place now and isn't in any pain. I am grateful for that.

I have another kitty who is actually mine. I adopted her from the Humane Society 2 years ago....well, almost 2 years...she will be 2 soon..a big fluffy butt. I also have a dog that is 4 years old. I can't imagine losing them...it makes me sad to even think of not having them.

I would adopt every dog and cat if I could. I am determined to live on a farm eventually and have like 30 dogs that can run around in a big fenced in yard...and a big house where they have their own beds...:dizzy: I love my babies...

Again, thanks so much for the kind words..waiting till my dad gets home to bury her.

walking2lose
06-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm sooo sorry to hear this. I'm a huge animal lover -- especially cats. My husband lost one of our four cats last year. It hurts. Hang in there!

GatorgalstuckinGA
06-11-2007, 09:38 PM
i'm sorry to hear about your kitty...but she is in a better place. I'm a vet and deal with animals in renal failure all the time...it isn't pretty. I'm sorry for your loss...but know she will not be suffering any more.

catsnhorses
06-11-2007, 10:04 PM
:( so sorry for your loss. :hug: These critters find their way into our hearts, don't they? But her pain is over now, and yours will ease in time, and she will live on in your memories. I tell my kids stories about the cats my mom had when I was a kid, they are part of family lore now. :^: