Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #1  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Default Need Treadmill Advice/Help!!

So after more than 10 years it finally happened -- my treadmill went bust this morning. I knew this day was a coming but aaaahhhhh, it sucks to have to consider buying another one. This TM was a Proform 585 TL. I mostly liked it alot except for two things: too noisy and to change the speed it was a slide button vs. a push button (or digital). They probably didn't have that 10 yrs. ago. The incline broke on it due to a flood about 6 yrs ago so there is a silver lining in getting a new one.

I use it for light running (4.8-6.0 mph) and if it had a few pre-set programs included in it, that would be great. I know the heavier the motor for continuous hp is better but am at a loss at to what to buy. I just read a review pushing one brand and saying all Proforms are junk.

Does anyone have ANY recommendations on TMs? What you use or anything you know about them, any information or opinion would be greatly appreciated. I did go into sticker shock in looking at them; guess my brain forgot how much money they are. I'm looking to spend in the $600-$700 dollar range, but a quality TM for less is always the best bet, right? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

quite frankly, I would go to a place like "play it again sports" Treadmills are often very lightly used, then used as a clothes rack and then sold to make room. You could probably save a ton of money and while it might not last as long as a BRAND new one, you could afford to replace it in 5 years or so.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #3  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Hi Jo,

Sorry to know that your TM decided to retire. When I was considering a TM purchase I found this site really helpful, www.treadmilldoctor.com Instead of purchasing one I decided to join a gym instead. Unfortunately I really can't advise you with a brand but maybe the link can help you out.

Good Luck!
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote