Old 06-08-2007, 08:42 AM   #1  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Question Loose skin advice/question....

I know I haven't lost alot , like some of you, but I am always the worry wort, lookiing ahead to things that haven't happened. Does the loose skin go away without surgery, I don't have health insurance, and am afraid this is not going to go away( I am notice loose skin around my arms and thighs), Will continued weight lifting help? Any insight, suggestions appreciated. Tia Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Here is a link to a fantastic sticky thread in the Body Image forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

I would take a look at the whole forum as well. There's lots of good info there.

For me personally Cheryl, I am so very happy with my weightloss in general that I could care less about the loose skin. If you've read that sticky, it says you need to give your body up to 2 years to adjust. I do have some loose skin, less then I thought I would. It is totally undectable when clothed.

But again, I am just so very happy to not be obese anymore that the skin is a minor, minor thing. My added health risks are gone. I look pretty darn good in clothing if I do say so myself. I have so much more confidence. I can move with ease. I am energetic - beyond belief. Please don't let the possibility of some loose skin get in your way.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I have been very surprised on my journey that the skin is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. yes, there is some, but not to an extent that I am worried over it. I am still a long way from goal, but if it continues as it has so far, I will be a happy camper.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I've got some loose skin, and I AM a little worried about it, but it's such a good tradeoff. Someone on here once said that they'd rather have the skin than have it all filled out to bursting with fat! And that's true!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I have a lot of lose skin but it sure beats the alternative. I don't like it but I hated the fat so I will learn to live with the skin. As said above it's not so noticeable with clothes on. I'm sure if you read the link above it will explain all the ins and outs. There are several factors such as age how long you have been over weight etc...
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I have a lot of loose skin already. I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing I can do about it and it is only going to get worse as I get closer to my goal weight. But like others it is better then the alternative to having it filled with fat. Not to sound vain but more likely then not in the future I will have plastic surgery to fix it but that is probable going to wait until after I have kids (from what I've read you shouldn't have an abdominoplasty until you have finished having kids because you are re-streching your skin).
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I think that may have been one of my hangups in the past. I like to think I'm not a vain person but when I lost all my weight I wanted to show off my sexy body. I knew that realistically I'm going to have a lot of hanging skins (2 pregnancies back to back). This time around I'm just so grateful to be eating healthy and dropping pounds and I'm like the others. I'd rather be at a healthy weight with sagging skin than morbidly obese and not able to do as much as I want.

If it's something you think will really bug you, you could always start a skin removal fund and put like $5 (or whatever) per pound you lose. Then make yourself a promise that when you've been at maintenance or 1-2 years, you can go and have it done. If you keep putting money in there through maintenance you should have quite a bit saved up.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote