South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:58 PM   #1  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Default How Often Do You Weigh?

Daily? Weekly? Somewhere in between?

I aim for 3x a week. Daily I think I'd obsess too much, but I know people who feel that daily weight checks keep them on top of any gains right away.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/128/120

Height: 5'4

Daily, but I'm pretty familiar w/ my typical weight fluctuations so I'm able to take it in stride. I do find it helps me stay focused.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:12 AM   #3  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

In phase 1 I did it daily because it made me happy! Haha!

I'm currently subletting an apartment where there is no scale. I'm debating whether or not to buy one since then I'd have it in the fall for school. I'd like to be able to check once a week but maybe it would be better to just track my measurements and then see the grand total that's off at the end of August.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

daily
and i'm sick and obsessive in that I chart daily, weekly and monthly losses.

does it affect how i live my day? No!
Old 06-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Daily. I'm obsessive. Like Nessa, I don't let a gain screw up my day. A loss on the other hand makes me very happy.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #6  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Height: 5'11"

I used to weigh daily but I've joined a group on MySpace that is doing a contest like Biggest Loser and we get weighed at a gym once a week for that so I'm trying to stay away from my scale at home
Old 06-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #7  

I generally weigh in daily. I don't let a little gain ruin my day, but it helps to keep me motivated to make good choices. That said, I haven't been weighing myself regularly lately and the pounds started creeping back.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #8  

I weigh either every other day or every 3rd day...I think if i would start weighing daily I would become obsessed with the number on the scale rather than actually listening to my body and realizing how much better i feel and how much better my clothes fit.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:28 PM   #9  
Ok, that was disturbing.

I only do it once a week. For me a daily weigh in would be impossible as I don't own a scale. It would also make me crazy as a bedbug in no time flat.
And with once a week, I get a nice bigger number. That works for me!
Old 06-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Daily...I weigh three times and average it...but I don't let it spoil my day....usually. One thing I also do is put how many hours of sleep I've gotten on my chart next to my daily weight. That puts it in perspective for me--if my weight is high but I only got 4 or 5 hours of sleep, then I know why it's high.

It keeps me honest...when I don't feel like weighing, I know I did something bad.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #11  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I think I'll stick to every 3rd day. I don't want to be discouraged and tempted to give up if I don't see a decrease, and I don't think I can do *too* much damage in 2 days' time, either.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

NEVER. Ok, I did a couple of weeks ago when I was near a scale and just had to peek. The number was good (18lbs in about 6 weeks) I don't like scales. If I feel good about myself and know I have been good and the scales say I haven't lost any then it upsets me. I don't want to do anything that may make me turn to food for "comfort" (ie,Well, I didn't lose anything, so I'll just eat some cake instead of "depriving myself! )

I go by how my clothes fit and how I look in the mirror. Those 2 criteria never let me down. My clothes are getting baggier and baggier and my face is looking more like my "old" face every day.It surprises me every time I look in the mirror in the morning. A number is just number and I don't want a stupid number to make me feel like I'm not accomplishing anything. That's just me.
I may weigh myself in a few months when pants fall down to my knees and I know I'm closer to the 50 I want to lose.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:42 PM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Nice perspective, femme!

I never owned a scale until recently because I was afraid of becoming obsessive about it. I think there's a fine line between using it as a tool to keep on top of yourself, and letting the numbers discourage you. I might go to three times a week instead of daily, especially if I'm sticking to the diet. Why would I need to weigh daily if I'm eating what I'm supposed to?

Good thread!

Kara
Old 06-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #14  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

I weigh everyday but just cause I am curious, sometimes I weigh myself a few times a day just to see what the difference is lol

When I am losing weight, I weigh myself everyday and then take the average for the week and write it down on Friday mornings. For me, this is the most accurate because there is so much variation during the week.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

femmecreole, I want to be like you. I went for years without weighing (I didn't want to know), then I weighed myself just before I went on SBD two weeks ago, so I'd know where I started from. Then I started obsessing and weighing myself several times a day. I got very frustrated because I wasn't losing at first, so I stopped weighing until Saturday, when I will be 2 weeks on Phase I. After that I hope I can limit it to once a week. I tend to obsess, you see...

ladybugnessa, I am a Marylander too!
Closed Thread