Old 06-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #1  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Tortillas, Muffins, Bagels, Waffels

I'm wondering if this isn't in a "sticky" already ?

For those of you that use these regularly - can you give brands etc for the rest of us? I found some of them in a search....

1 LA Tortilla Factory Tortilla - is this any flavor of the LF/LC ?
1 Thomas 100 Calorie English Muffin - is it only this brand, or any 100 calorie?
1 Special K Waffel

How about Bagels ?

I live in ND - and I'd have to order the Tortilla's - are they "that" good? And I can't say I've ever seen the muffins either.

Thanks guys !
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:03 PM   #2  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

The Kashi waffles are good, too. I get them at Walmart, so you may have them where you are, too.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

LaTortilla Factory tortillas are 7-8" tortillas made of whole wheat and come in three flavors. They are high in fiber and, most importantly, only 50 calories each. That is why they count as one starch. Are they that good? I like them a lot!

100 calorie muffins are the Thomas' brand. They are 1 starch but only to be used 1-2 times per week, per the LA dietcian.

Bagels - Western Bagel makes the "Alternative Bagel" which is 1 starch for the whole bagel, limited to 2-3 times per week per the dietician. They are 110 calories and 7g fiber. They weigh 1 1/2 oz, which is actually 1/2oz less than the Thomas' mini bagels, which are 120 calories.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #4  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

The Supermarket lite brands of English Muffin typically have similar nutritionals to the Thomas 100 Calorie ones. Thomas also makes a whole wheat. I live 20 minutes from the Thomas bakery and I even have to search supermarkets for the 100 calorie ones.

Special K waffles are made by Eggo. They have the Special K logo on the box and are typically in with the regular Eggo products.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

Our Kroger clone "Smith's" has the 100 calorie muffins while Wally World does not.. If your local market doesn't carry them, you could always ask a manager if it's possible to do so...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote