Support Groups - 1 lb Down and Plenty More to Go - June '07

meowee
06-01-2007, 08:19 AM
:welcome3: to ~ One LB. Down and Plenty More To GO!

Old friends and New friends,

This thread is open to any and all ladies who have more than a "few" pounds to lose. We all know that if it's more than a "few" that it's gonna take sometime to get rid of it. And when you're in a certain place in your life for a while it's great to have some friends around that know exactly how you feel and know exactly what you're going through. Having support via family and friends is great and certainly a welcomed thought, but sometimes they just don't get it. We'll help encourage you through the down times, discourage you when the dieting alter ego wants to take over and then encourage you some more! Just jump in and make yourself at home. Let's try to live, love and laugh our "weigh" through this!

meowee
06-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

meowee
06-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Where are you . . . :hug: . . . I miss you.

Hope everybody is having a great Sunday. The "sun" is actually shining here in Atlantic Canada this morning and that always makes my mood a little more :sunny: too.

My best news for the day is that I picked up my new glasses yesterday and I can actually "SEE" . . . Yippee . . . I can read and watch TV at the same time, again (as silly as that sounds, it's something I do all the time). Actually bought myself a new book to celebrate . . . The Eat Clean Diet, by Tosca Reno, a Canadian who writes a regular column for Oxygen Magazine. Some interesting stuff. Not really a "diet" just information about 'clean/healthy' eating habits. :)

Hope everybody is having a great moving and shaking weekend . . . also hope to see you all again soon . . . :carrot:

jtammy
06-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi Linda and gang!

Linda, We're having beautiful sunny weather today too. So you are finally getting to reap the last of the benefits from your eye surgery, now that you have new glasses. That's great that you have a good improvement. Linda, Aren't you following Volumetrics? I have ordered a copy of that book from my library. I've heard a lot of good things about it lately. I may lurk around some on the Volumetrics thread for the next few weeks.

We went to a beauty pageant last night (friend of my daughter's) and it was torturous. That has been the highlight of my weekend, the relief when it was over that it..... I'm not a "beauty pageant type mom" anyway, but the entertainment was just about more than I could bear. Today, we're skipping church and going to a water park. We bought season tickets this year. I'm really extremely nervous about being in a swimsuit for the day. I bought a new swimsuit a few weeks ago and it is as flattering as it can be, but my legs are in such awful condition. Loose skin, jiggly, blindingly white.... I've got to be brave and do it though. That was one of my promises to myself, that I would enjoy swimming with my kids this summer, so here goes. I've looked a few places for a sarong to wear when I get out of the pool. I haven't found one yet, but I'm running by Belk (kind of like a Macy's) before we go, surely I'll find one there. I think I would feel much better with something like that.

Still no movement on the scales and I have lowered my calories the last few days to 1300 - 1400. I am definitely back to ticker, so I'm hoping something is about to happen there.

Have a great day everyone. Hope to hear from everyone soon. :hug:

meowee
06-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi Tammy . . . :hug:

I just like to collect books . . . BTW, I think of Volumetrics more as a principle than an actual plan . . . it honestly fits with just about anything and any way of eating . . . because of my Diabetes I tend to track all nutrients while eating as well (healthy) as possible. "Eating Clean" fits into the same pattern, too. I know you'll understand what I mean about Volumetrics after you have a chance to read it . . . great way to quickly determine which foods will give you the best bang (volume) for the least buck (calories).

BTW . . . do you sew? . . . you could whip up a nice sarong-like wrap thingee for over the bathing suit pretty quickly. Other than that . . . hey . . . just be proud of what you've accomplished. :carrot:

ELEM-PGF
06-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around in a while. Lots of stuff going on to say the least! I am trying to stick to plan and exercise more but my schedule is making it pretty hard to exercise, right now sleep is more important than getting up to exercise! Nothing really new to report but just wanted to say hi!

Weight is the same right now, which is a whole lot better than going up!

anajjana
06-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Good Afterrnoon Ladies!!!

Things have been going. That's all I can say right now. I'm really just waiting for my cruise to come. For those that don't remember I leave on June 7 (this Thursday!!!) and we will return on on June 11. Can't wait to go!! I have never been out of the country before.

I hope all is well with you ladies!!!

Have a Great Week!!!

meowee
06-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi girls . . . :wave: . . . glad to see you are still with us . . . have a great evening . . . :carrot:

jtammy
06-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi girls, Good to see you both Erin and Jana. Jana, if I don't have another chance to tell you, I hope you have a great time om your cruise.

I had a great time at the water park, even without a sarong. I do sew some, Linda. It would be easy to sew a sarong, after all it's just four straight hems. I'll have to look for fabric. I did see some in the gift shop at the waterpark, but by that point, I was already comfortable enough without one and they were $24.00, which seemed kind of high since I didn't love any of the fabrics. On another note about the waterpark, I wasn't the fattest person there. :lol3: Although I may have been the "whitest" with my lack of any tan.

Have a great week, it may be the weekend before I have a chance to check in again, if this week is as busy as last week.

meowee
06-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi gang . . . :hug:

Boy did I eveeeer sleep in again this morning -- didn't see the light of day until 9 am. Anyway . . . the menagerie is fed (including me) and now I've jsut got a little time for a few quick HELLO posts around 3FC before I have to jump in the shower and get ready for my opthamologist appointment.

Hey TAMMY . . . :hug: . . . Glad you had a great day. Don't forget that too much sun is not good for you. :D In my recent travels through the pattern books I've seen a few really nice little cover-ups. Think that is definitely the way you should go. Have fun.

Anyway everybody . . . have a great day moving and shaking . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
06-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Good Morning, Chickies . . . :grouphug:

Couldn't resist sharing this little entry I found in my e:mail this morning . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/photogallery/Snack-food-hall-of-shame.aspx?p=1

Some of the alternative recipes they've provided sound pretty good. Enjoy. ;)

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
06-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

meowee
06-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Good Morning again . . . pretty soon, I'll just have to stop talking to myself like this . . . :o

Anna829
06-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Speaking of swimming suits, the Avenue has great swimming suits that have skirts and come in very flattering shapes. They're a little pricy, but I would highly recommend them. I swim laps in my condo swimming pool, where there are all these size 2 ladies that lay near the pool sunbathing(all my neighbors are very nice, by the way), and I don't really feel like showing off my size 18 body in all its glory, but with the swimdress, I still feel good about the way I look.

jtammy
06-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi Ladies,

Linda, WOW! The calorie counts of some of those snacks were amazing. And to think that I used to be able to eat 1/2 dozen krispie kremes, WITHOUT thinking a thing about it. Still love 'em, but I've only had one doughnut in the last 21 months. Oh, I've never been one to get much sun. I've always used lots on sunscreen. Finally, in my 40s it's paying off. I may have never had a nice tan, but my skin is in great shape for my age. :) I got the Volumetrics Eating Plan book from the Library and have been flipping through it, but haven't actually sat down to read it from cover to cover. Most of what I've read sounds like things I already do - Lots of vegetables to make things more filling, founds with more water content, etc. I saw several recipes that sounded really good. Maybe I'll have more time to actually read it this weekend.

Hi Anna, I went to their website and they do have some cute swimsuits. In fact, the one I bought is a Tankini, similar to one of theirs. I would have loved that store when I was still wearing plus sizes, but we don't have any of them here in Mississippi.

Take care everyone!

meowee
06-09-2007, 07:43 AM

Yep . . . Volumetrics is so basic and straightforward it's kind of hard to think of it as a "plan". One thing I really find handy is the basic ED calculation. Helps me decide if something I may be thinking of trying is worth it -- i.e., going to give me a good quantity of food for the calories involved.

Wow . . . wonder where everybody is hiding out . . . Haven't seen Tina, Robbin, Diana (and a few others of our original regulars) around for a long time . . . hey girls, we miss you. :D

Later . . . :carrot:

jelynn
06-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey ladies-
Sorry it's been crazy week- I check in and then inevitably something happens to prevent me from having time to actually post. But I'm here and hanging in. This week was a tough PMS/TOM week and I gave into some cravings. But I'm over it and I actually just completed a full t-tapp workout at 9:45 on a Saturday night since I committed to 3 per week and took Thursday and yesterday off. How's that for committed?! LOL But I do feel better and tomorrow I will eat light and get right back on track. My birthday is Monday and feel like I need to have a cake for the kid's sake- so I'll make an angelfood cake and have some berries and ff coolwhip. Better than the german chocolate that I would *love* to have! lol Another time.

Tammy- I've been wanting to say "good for you" about the waterpark since last weekend... (so consider it said!) Doesn't it feel great to actually be living life instead of just watching everyone else?? I definitely feel more that way than I did a couple years ago and hopefully even more so in another year!

I miss Tina, Robbin, Diana, Erin, Stacey and crew too. Come back to us girls!!
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I went garage saling this morning and then to a matinee of "Fractured" this afternoon. Got lots done at home too so pretty good day.
Later!

meowee
06-10-2007, 07:06 AM

Great to see you here EMILY . . . :hug:

Later, gang . . . :carrot:

jtammy
06-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Quick pop-in then DH and I are going for a short walk before church.

Emily, Good for you for doing your workout even at 9:45. I'm still off track with exercise. I only made it through day 3 of my 10 day bootcamp before I quit. Probably why I've also been at a 3 - 4 week plateau. German chocolate cake :drool: - oh goodness I love those things. Your comment about "living life instead of watching others" really struck a chord with me. For 14 years, I have watched my children at the beach or at a swimming pool, wishing I could be out there with them, but too embarrassed to do so. It felt good. :)

Hi LInda :wave: I miss our regulars too. Come back girls and check in with us. :hug:

Have a great day everyone.

meowee
06-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi TAMMY :wave: . . .

Not much going on around here, is there? Too bad . . . So sad.

Hope you are having a good one, girls, wherever you are and whatever you're doing . . . :carrot:

anajjana
06-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!

I'm back and I had a wonderful time!!! The scale showed a 5lb gain on Tuesday morning but it was down one pound this morning.

I'm back into the swing of things so it's not hard.

I've been struggling emotionally lately. My heart is just sitting and I don't know what to do with it. It does not still hurt but man does it feel empty. I'm so lost and I don't even know where to look to start going. Am I supposed to start looking for a new apt. am I supposed to start dating again, am I supposed to give myself some more time since I'm still not compltely over him, what am I supposed to do? It still kind of hurts to know that he has someone else already and I don't and I still don't know why he didn't want me anymore. He said he needed to be by himself but we now know that's not the truth, he had a new girl less than a month after the break-up. So what was it. I still sit and think about what I could have done differently. I feel like I'm depressed and that's crazy because I'm not fat anymore!!! I should be having the time of my life and I'm not!

So sorry to vent but I need a shoulder to cry on and you guys are my friends.

I hope you all have a great day.

meowee
06-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi JANA . . . :hug: . . . So glad you had a good trip. Regarding your ongoing situation . . . just give it more time. Don't let any of his actions try to determine what is right for you. Somebody wonderful is around the corner for you, too . . . just some blocks are longer than others. Good things are worth waiting for so don't you go rushing into anything until the time is really right. You'll know when it's right when it happens. In the meantime, just keep doing the goodstuff and that weight will be gone again in not time.

:wave: for everybody else . . . wherever you are . . . Keep things moving and shaking, everybody . . . see you soon.

meowee
06-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Good morning . . . :wave:

4thebigday
06-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi Everyone!! Hope things are going well with you all! Meowee- thanks for the article you posted several days back! Luckily I'm not particularly hooked on any of those foods... but it's good to know in case I ever got an urge to go crazy!

Jana- Sorry to see you going through a rough time!! But you might be able to turn it around, and give you motivation to Keep losing weight and looking better/healthier! If this helps- My fiance was with his ex for 7 yrs. It wasn't really a good relationship but he stuck with it because that's just the kind of person he is. He was miserable but didn't realize it was because of his relationship. His Ex moved here to Hawaii for school- 2 yrs later he follows her. He helps support her while she's in college, then she cheats on him! None the less it was devestating to him- for a little bit, but he got over it, and decided to make some changes for him self. He weighed 240 at the time- mind you he's only 5'10, 4 months LATER...... 187. Not kidding! He's very proud of it, and still can't believe he did it. So he used that break up to motivate his personal improvement! Personally, I noticed that I look my best and lose weight the easiest when I have just broken up with some one. It gives me the umph to want to look good! And I have more personal time to work at it! So Good Luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Anyone else notice it's easier to diet/work out when single?

meowee
06-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi 4THEBIGDAY . . . Glad you are with us, Chickie . . . :hug:

Hi everybody else . . . :grouphug:. . .

I'm very late to the party today . . . woke up feeling really rotten . . . went back to bed; slept for another 4 hours and woke up like it's a different day and a different me.

Trouble is . . . it's now mid afternoon and I've accomplished nothing. See you later, gang . . . :carrot:

meowee
06-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

meowee
06-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

anajjana
06-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!

I feel great this morning!!!! I finally saw 188 on the scale again and I went out last night and had a great time!!!! My nerves are feeling much better.

Thank you to those that continue to support me in my re-occuring times of need. I luv you ladies!!! Now that I'm finally back to ticker weight and I've got all that cruise weight off me it's really time for me to get back into gear.

I have recently made contact with an old flame that is deployed right now but he will be back in three months and I would love to look the same way I did the last time I saw him when he gets home.

4THEBIGDAY, there's the motivation you were talking about!!! Thanx, girl!!!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day!!!

meowee
06-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Morning . . . :wave:

Cold and rainy around here. :( Hope the weather is better where you are. Hard to believe that Spring is almost over -- think I can only remember half a dozen 'nice' days.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, Jana . . . :hug:

Okay everybody . . . keep things moving and shaking today . . . see you soon. :carrot:

anajjana
06-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

Well I got on the scale last night before I got in the shower and saw 187 on the scale. Don't get tooo excited, got on the scale this morning and saw 188 again, I know, I'm not even going to question it. No I didn't eat anything, I drank a glass of water so I could take my meds and that was ALL. I'm just thankful it didn't go up!

Thank you LINDA, for all your wonderful words of encouragement!!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

meowee
06-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Hi again . . . :grouphug:

Another day has dawned, girls . . . time to get things moving and shaking again. Unfortunately the weather around Atlantic Canada is still dull and dreary. Forecast is calling for a little sun to break through later today and boy, oh boy, I hope they are right. Absolutely have to run some errands today and it's always better to be out and about when the sun is shining. :cool:

Have a good one, gang . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

anajjana
06-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Well I finally saw 187 this morning!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
It was a great feeling!!

Off to change my ticker!!!

Have a great day!!!

jelynn
06-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Good job, Jana!! :cp:

anajjana
06-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!

TOM showed up yesterday afternoon so I do not feel good at all, plus I still had to come to work!!!

Just checking in, have a great day!!!

meowee
06-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Morning . . . :(

Beautiful sunny morning for a change . . . but I slept poorly and woke up in a terrible mood. And then -- the terrible trio almost destroyed a couple of things in the middle of the night . . . won't bother you with all the details . . . And then -- the 'dumb blond' (Frickle) urinated on the bath mat. And then -- things really started to go down-hill.

Anyway gang . . . hopefully I'll cheer up and be back later. Keep things moving and shaking . . . :carrot:

meowee
06-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Happy Summer Solstice, gang . . . old Ma Nature is really playing the nasties on Nova Scotia this year . . . it's cold (15C/59F) and it's raining . . . just for a change.

Hope you all have a great day . . . see you later . . . :grouphug:

meowee
06-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi out there . . . :wave:

Still dull and cool around here . . . but the puddles are starting to dry up, so that's a good sign.

Later . . . :carrot:

meowee
06-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Okay . . . it's the weekend . . . guess I'll stop talking to myself in here. :dizzy:

anajjana
06-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

I just posted my progress pics, check them out. The link is in my signature.

Have a great day!!!

anajjana
06-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

I've been cutting back a lot and the scale sang 185 this morning!!!! My, my, my, I NEVER thought I'd make it here. I remember thinking, I'd kill to just be 185, now I want more!!!

Off to change my ticker!!!

Luv you ladies lots!!!

Have a great day!!!

meowee
06-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Yippee JANA . . . :high . . . so happy for you.

GainingWeightInLa
06-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi, ladies. Remember me?? LOL It's been a while...sorry. Good news is I've gained little, if any weight back. That's the good news. Bad news is I go in for a hysterectomy one week from today. Long story. Just will be glad when it's over. Tired of hurting.

Seems I'm not the only one that's been missing in action?? Our board has dwindled quite a bit, has it not?

Well, I'll probably be looking for things to do while I'm on the mend, so I may be around a lot more than any of you would like. Keep me in your prayers. Good to see everyone!

TTYL,
Diana

meowee
06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh wow . . . you are definitely going to have to tell me all about your hysterectomy Diana. Hope it goes well for you. I'm nervous about mine already and it isn't until September 20. My problem is that nothing currently hurts (but I know it will be afterwards). Good Luck . . . hope everything comes out okay . . . pun intended . . . :s:

Nothing much in my world today . . . just cats to the Vet . . . in the pouring rain and now it's very hot and muggy.

See you soon gang . . . keep things moving and shaking . . . :carrot:

meowee
06-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi everybody . . . :wave:

Much nicer weather in Atlantic Canada today. Hope it continues.

Have a great moving and shaking evening, gang . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
06-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Linda, I'll let ya know how it goes. I'm not nearly as nervous about surgery as I am to find out for sure that my ovarian cysts aren't malignant. :stress: If that comes out okay, I'm sure I'll feel like a new woman!

It's late...gotta get up early for bloodwork at 9 am.

Later taters,
Diana

meowee
06-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi . . . :wave:

I've really go to stop commenting on a nice day. I've just spent 45 hours without power thanks to the latest little thunderstorm. :( Not to mention how bad my eating has been during the same period of time. :mad:

Hopefully everything is back to normal for the time being. See you later, gang . . . :carrot:

jelynn
06-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Diana- glad to see you posting! I'll sure be thinking about you on Monday and hoping for the best for you!

LInda- you are a gem for keeping our thread alive! lol Bummer about the power outage! I would die!!

I am off for the next week and probably won't be able to check in so wanted to let you guys know. See you the 9th!

meowee
06-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Hello again . . . :wave:

Glad to hear from you, Emily. Hope you have a great vacation, Chickie. :hug:

Big :hug: for each and every one of the rest of you, too. Wherevery you are. Hope to see you all again soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
07-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Well . . . it's another day . . . and another month . . . thought I give us a fresh new start and a new place to chat for the balance of the Summer . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1755061#post1755061 . . .

Hope to see you all over there . . . don't forget to "subscribe" to the new thread so you can find it more easily. Have a great day . . . :carrot: