South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Try Harder Tuesday Chat! - May 29

Good morning! The Girls and I just spent some quality time on the deck with coffee and rawhide bones and listened to the morning chorus of loons, geese, robins, the cardinal and the mourning doves. The hummingbird even visited the feeder and hummed along. Who says it's quiet in the country?

I've been trying to eat more veggies :broccoli: so decided on the above title. I also need to try harder to drink more water. What's your "try harder" aim for today?

I plan to work in the garden again today and should be able to finish the front flower bed - finally! I also have some new (and small) perennials to bung into a nursery bed behind the barn. Amy the Kitchen Guru is coming to check out the job and Mike is coming back at 5 to do the pot lights - I hope. Lucy and I will be off doing pet therapy so Hershey can supervise. I am really looking forward to a day with nobody in my house except the two dogs and me! The back-splash grouting is done and I'm nearly ready to take "after" pics.

Time for strawberries and Fiber One and another coffee. What are your plans for this fine Tuesday? Weekend recovery?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

"Try harder" is a great theme for the day, Ruth! I'm putting myself back on a semi Phase 1 for the next 2 weeks, it'll be veggies, protein and fruit for me until I can get myself back on track. My eating has been getting out of control and I have to get a handle on things again!

Yesterday turned out to be a nice day afterall, despite a few rainshowers in the morning. The pool got a good workout, but I haven't been in it yet. I'm sure the girls will be wanting to come over to swim, so I'll most likely be living in it the rest of the summer.

So today it's back to the work routine, and there's polo tonight, so I'll be working late. On Saturday, at the Devon Horse Show, little Maggie took 4th place in the children's sidesaddle event, out of 75 other kids! Audrey came in 9th place, which was good, too.

I'm off to Curves for now. Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:19 AM   #3  

Good morning. Finally finished my portfolio project for an IT class and can't wait to hand it in. It was a compressed class - 3 months of work in 3 weeks so I am glad to be done with it all. Family was cranky at my reduced attention over the last few weeks as was I.

Looking forward to spending time gardening - I'm late on my mulch - going to grab another 20 bags today. A huge oak in my front yard needs to come down - huge crack right down the center. We were having branches trimmed all over the yard and our guy found this. DH is worried about the tree coming down sooner rather than later. Called the town as its near the road and they might be on the hook for removing it which will be nice.

Busy week coming up helping family move and kids' field trips but will fit in the exercise if I don't drop first.

Lovely day here in the Northeast....must drop a few more pounds before I can fit into my summer clothes from last year Things are looking up and I am staying positive - dipped under the 205 mark this morning. Goal to be in wonderland by the time the kids get out of school.

Happy Tuesday-disguised-as-a-Monday....Sue
Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. I quick "Hello" this morning. A ton of things to do. Laundry on the go. The boys are having tv time right now and wanting to get outside to the play area. I am going to plant my little veggie garden today. Then I have to dash to town for a quick app. @ 1:00 while DH watches the kids. ( won't be hard it will be nappy jammy time. ) Went for a big walk last night and I am going to try to go again tonight. That is going to be my try harder. Well gotta to dash a big hug to all.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #5  

Good morning! I have been absent and I have been awful. We had one BBQ after the next this weekend and I honestly didn't even attempt to stay on track. My goal for the day is to behave!!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

It's an icky rainy day here, but glad to get the rain in the garden. Last year we had a droubt and my water bill was unreal, so I'm glad Mother Nature is helping us out this year with the bill!

Last day at school, classroom all packed up...so I am going to my best friend's classroom to help her. She is retiring, so has a lot of stuff to get rid of.

Have lots of leftovers at home so don't have to cook today. I left the house with my 2 boys home and sleeping (both in college and both home till summer classes begin). I bought a new crock pot Saturday, so will soak white beans tonight and will try cooking them with turkey and chicken sausage tomorrow. I've never tried them in a crock pot before. I have to begin 2 new websites within the week, just waiting for clients to send the text content and honestly hope they will wait a few days so I can have at least "some" vacation from work. I have some maintainance work to do on a couple of sites when I get home, but hopefully it won't take long. One site is up for some publishing awards, so the client is adding things to it daily.

I still can't post to this forum from home since the files were moved to the new server. Cleared my cache, temp files etc, so it must be my isp..so if you don't hear from me till it resolves, that's why

...Cat (yeah, that's my name..I really do have a name!)
Old 05-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning Ladies!

This weekend I was in San Antonio visiting family and what a time I had!!

It rained about 3 inches while I was there and in the early morning a tree fell on my sister's blazer. Fun, fun. So, I spent Sunday clearing the tree off of and out of her car and that was probably the highlight of the weekend. We did get a lot of shopping done.

I have fallen off track by a lot. My try harder for today is definitely to eat more veggies and drink a decent amount of water. Actually, there are a lot of try harders that I need to accomplish, but I'll wait until I knock these two out for two weeks before I move on.

Have a great day!!

~Kim
Old 05-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #8  

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has fallen off track I came back to read the book list, but I think I'll glance through the recipes while I'm here.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice to see some of the wandering Beachers back in here. Posting does keep us on track, you know!
Closed Thread