Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2001, 06:54 AM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~#121

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 11-30-2001, 06:58 AM   #2  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default My post went to page 2...so a new begining!

Morning, early morning~~I've been up since 3:00 am, I went to bed early and just got my night over with. I spent some time with my jewelry, I bought myself a new jeweler box yesterday. It's worth more than my jeweler. I'm always making plans for when I get the weight off. THEN I'll wear the rings and things. THEN I'll sew up all that cloth that I have. Mean while I only have a few things I can wear. I tell you ladies this is a sickness.

Tobey~~I bet your hubby thought you run the bath for him. If he could of he would have hid under the water until you got in. Not only did we have snow, we had ice, I really hate that! I use Internet Explorer, and I just downloaded the 6.0 one. I seen you lost elf attachment in a joke,it was a dog in the joke. CUTE

Jen~~Girlfriend you can't be any more of a computer moron than I was, notice I said was. Now I thank I do pretty good, but not really. I cried many times setting at this puter when I first got it. I wanted to learn it so I stayed with it. I didn't learn how to use my scanner program for months. Now I have two new scanner programs and I haven't learned either one, I haven't had time. Send the pictures, I'll so it for you, be glad to. Most of the fried turkey is not that greasy, the breast not at all, and it is so good.

Jo Jo~~Doesn't it feel good when the shopping is over. I like the one thing for Kassie. The biggest thing I have left is the lights. I'm going to tackle them this week end. Yes TV's are so cheap now. We have over kill on TV's around here. There's one in every room in the house except the bath and utility room. My grand kids have to eat a lot of sandwiches. My son cooks as much as she does. She told me she will bring ice for the dinner.

Marybeth~~I'm glad your settling down, it ain't worth getting upset over, I know, I've had some bad days over my Sister, and we get a long. I cried a lot of tears over her and what did it get me, nothing. I don't know if I have your email or not, if not, I'll leave you a IM on in this site. I'll be glad to do your pictures for you and send them back to you too.

Skeeter~~The bar on the bottom of the screen where all the buttoms comes up is where that address bar is. I keep it hid unless I want to open it, and you know the little double arrows that you use to pull things bigger, I pull it open and I can type a link in there and it stores them there, then if I want to go to that link again I just click the little arrow on the side. I forgot to put the 3 in 3fc's. Some of those pictures that comes up is hard to take early in the morning. I've tried everything to get it off but can't. I'm afraid the grand kids will pull it open and see some pretty dirty pictures. My good gosh...You've got me all worked up to get some more fish. Yours sounds so pretty. Not that Neon is ugly, but I just want some more. To bad the little buggers can't be in a tank together.

Tammie~~Sounds like your busier than a one eyed man at a girlie show.

I have got to get out of here, I've got a lot of baking to do today. I forgot to tell you I thank...that I'm also fixing the Hash Brown Potato dish that Skeeter makes. Sounds good to me. I've got notes everywhere on things I need to get done. Have a good one everyone.

Last edited by Marlana; 11-30-2001 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-30-2001, 10:40 PM   #3  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

I decided to check one more time before I turned this thing off and the board is back up. We didn't walk today so that our feet could rest a while. The soreness has gone away for both of us so I guess the day off was good for us. I did get my house cleaned and a salad made so it was a very productive day.

Marlana~You must have made it in here before they started working on the forum. You are going to love that hash brown casserole. It has always been a success at every party that I've taken it to. It is amazing that those little fish become addicting. My fish don't eat as much as Neon. Maybe you should limit him to no more than 11 or 12 pellets a day. I have never heard of them eating that many on a daily basis. They sure learn to recognize us really fast don't they? I hope that you have a good time tomorrow with your family. It sounds like they are in for a real feast. I found the address bar that you were talking about but I don't have a clue how to change or delete something in there. Mine doesn't have anything in it at all. I love learning something new about this contraption.

Hope the rest of you ladies had a good day. I'll be going to town tomorrow to donate blood and grocery shop. It will be late when I finally get back on here. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 11-30-2001, 11:14 PM   #4  

Default MY BRAIN IS FRIED!!!!

Hi Everyone.

What a day it was. I was working on something that I have to be very careful with because it is of a legal nature and my brain is fried from trying to keep everything straight. I will finish it all up on Monday and then won't have to work on it again until Feb. It just takes so much time because there are so many different things I have to do with each one. Its nerve wracking and they are hoping that I'll be doing these monthly. There is no way, not with my regular work but you know, they really don't care about that as long as it gets done. My supervisor talks about doing the final part of it but I'm the one who does the hard work on it. Oh well, I do consider myself lucky to have my job and I do try to do my best even tho I have all these insecurities that I won't be able to do it all correctly.

Marybeth, I hope you are feeling a little better about your sister now. There are always so many family issues that can throw you into a tailspin. I sometimes think about getting back into counseling again over some unfinished issues but also just for the insight I get out of it.

Skeeter, When I first got the puter, dh used to gripe about me being on it all the time and I always asked him what the difference was before the puter when he'd be in one room watching tv and I'd be in the other. He never gave me a good answer. He doesn't gripe about it anymore. I think if he were to like the puter and want to do things on it, he would feel different about it, that is if I'd let him get on it. Did you watch the Masters of Ice Skating last night? It was really good. I love the guy who won the mens, can't think of his name but oh man, he has a body!!!! Plus he is a great skater. I love watching him. Michelle Kwan just seems to not be to much into her skating lately. Maybe she just needs a break from it but then again the Olympics are coming up and I know she wants that gold medal so bad. I hope she can win it.

Marlana, I hope bringing the ice over doesn't cause your DIL to much stress, Oh my. I got a chuckle over that. You should call her and tell her you need her to make something like some sort of complicated casserole. Oh, did you get that password for the picture site? I know what it once was but I keep thinking it was changed since then. I'm thinking it used to be one of those green things.

Tammy, I hope your stomach it doing better now.

Well, I'm going to get off here now. I'm tired and I want to sit and read for awhile. Take care.
Old 12-01-2001, 08:05 AM   #5  

Couldn't get on the board yesterday - so here is the post that I wrote.

Have a good weekend!

Tobey

Good morning all.

Another rainy and blustery day here is in TO. But the good news is that the temps are still quite mild. I received some VERY good news yesterday. Do you remember when I had my big professional exam (the 1st of 2) back in September? Well I finally got the results back yesterday. Yep – I passed all 4 sections of the exam! YIPEEE! So Saturday’s dinner really will be a celebration dinner. I’m not sure if I’ll have a chance to check in over the weekend – we have packed it pretty tight. Tonight is grocery shopping and I think I want to put up the tree. Tomorrow is shopping – and we have changed our minds about where we are going. Since we are not sure about the weather we have decided not to go to that town – we would be walking outside all day, which is not fun in the rain. So instead we are going to an upscale mall that we only get to about once a year. They have just added a Pottery Barn and a Williams Sonoma store (I will have to exercise self-control here – this is the first time I will actually have gone to a Williams Sonoma). You can easily spend the entire day at this mall. We will probably have lunch at the Rain Forest Café there and we might also hit the movie theatre in the mall to catch a matinee. It also works out better because it puts us way closer to the restaurant where we are having dinner. Otherwise it would have been about a 1-1/2 hour drive. If I have the energy after dinner, I want to decorate the tree. Then Sunday will be spent at the library doing work – blah. And then after that I will have to try and get everything else in that I missed. Oh yah did I mention, I also want to get 2 long runs in somewhere? Okay I’m pooped just thinking of it all!

Jen: Wasn’t it so much fun looking at everyone’s pictures? When I get some time I want to scan in some more pics to post up there. That does sound frustrating – less than 50% of your time was actually spent in class! I have to admit that I have been enjoying doing these last few courses through distance ed. In fact I don’t I will have to do another in-class course before I am done. That suits me just fine.

Jojo: So how’s does it feel to be a proud mama of a new TV? I bet your MIL would love one of your necklaces. You should post some pictures of your jewellery some time. I would love to see them. Dh can be hard to buy for some times. He often has a habit of buying something when he wants it. So there is nothing left to get at Christmas or his birthday! However I have some ideas this year – just some things that he happen to mention in passing while we were shopping that I made a mental note of.

Mb: Window-shopping can be very soothing! The area that I work in has some beautiful stores. Some days when dh is working late, I take the chance to explore them. Some of the stores have very dramatic window displays for Christmas. Tis the season.

Skeeter: Wow you had a very busy day yesterday! Gee I feel guilty. I was flaked out in front of the TV by 8:30 and then in bed by 9:30. I was just wiped for some reason. I think it is just this time of year – it is dark when we leave in the morning for work and it is dark when we get home. It really just throws your system out of whack. Dh loves bubbles baths. He even adds a little baby oil to make his skin soft. SHHHHHH! Don’t tell him I told you.

Tammie: You poor thing! Take it easy and get better soon!

Marlana: Up since 3:00? That is only an hour after dh went to bed! Gosh I can’t remember the last time I saw 3:00. I promise never to complain about getting up at 5:30! I can’t believe your weather. Has everything melted yet? Check out this link to see if it will help you with your shortcut problem: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/customizelinks.htm

Well guess that it for now. Hope everyone has a super weekend.

Tobey
Old 12-01-2001, 10:14 AM   #6  

Morning gals. I don't have a lot of time this morning. Dear bf wants me over at his house for the Army/Navy game. He's a West Point grad so it's a big deal to him. I think it starts at 11:30 and I still have to shower etc. The weatherman said the sun would be out today. The sky is gray. UGH. I don't think the sun has been out since like the 21st. How depressing.

Tobey- Congrats on passing your exam! Sounds like you have a jam packed week-end. I love the Rain Forest Cafe. The closest one here is Chicago, like at least 3 hrs. We did stop at the one at the Mall of America when I was there about 5 yrs ago. I drive to class every Wednesday. Finals are the 12th and 19th. Then spring semester starts Jan 23. I don't know what I'll do with 5 weeks off. Yeah, right! Graduation is May 18. YIPPEE!!

Marlana- I just about lost it with your comment to Tammy about the one eyed man at the girlie show. Love it! I would need your address to send you pics.

Oh yeah, I weighed in. Down 2.5 lbs so I'm almost back to my presurgical weight. Not bad for sitting around on my butt eating!!! Now I'm shooting for my 140 at X-mas.

Jen
149.5/145.5/140
Old 12-01-2001, 02:13 PM   #7  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon ladies: I won't write much because I'm still sick and my head feels like it will explode! I have the weekend to pamper myself and thats what I plan to do.

JEN: congrats on your lost. My husband is A NOTRE DAME FAN, SO I hope they win if not he's in a very bad mood. I don't think ND will win tho, they are doing very poorly this year!

TOBEY: congrats on passing the exam! Geat job!

STARKEEPER: you do sound stressed sit back have some tea and relax I'm sure you will do a great job.

MARLANA: You did get up early! that hash brown casserole sounds good can you give me the recipe?

Well, got to go rest now.
Old 12-01-2001, 06:25 PM   #8  

Hello Everyone

Hope you are having a nice Saturday. I got up to go see dh march in the Xmas parade with his veterans group. It seemed so strange to see him in military clothing again. Made me long to be back in California plus I miss the military life but right now I'm glad he is a civilian again because he'd probably be over there with the others in Afghanistan.

I tried to post a while ago and had just selected an attachment and was getting ready to click the post and I got knocked off line. Grrrrrrrrr!!!! So I'm trying again.

Tammy, I hope you start feeling better soon. I'm doing much better than I was except for the sinus crap. Dh is starting to sound like a frog tho. I was able to finally relax last night after my day from h*ll at work yesterday. Only thing is, Monday is probably going to be as bad or worse till I finish all those Orders I have to type. I'll get them done and I'll feel better about it afterwards.

Jen, I hope you enjoyed the game with your bf. It turned out to be a pretty decent day here, temps in the 50's and sunny. Its nice for December anyway.

Tobey, Congrats for passing that exam. I'm sure you are very relieved. Sounds like you've got a pretty busy weekend and you plan to run to. When did you start running? Was it when you were trying to lose weight or did you lose the weight first? I'm just curious. I've always hated running. I used to dread track when I was in school. I'm not sure if I could ever learn to love it even if I got thin. I'm going to have to try and scan some of the bracelets I've made so I can post them. I bought a red, white & blue beaded bracelet today at a craft sale. I'm going to have to look for beds in these colors and maybe make some as gifts but also I think I could make up a bunch of the stretchy ones and sell them.

I checked out the picture site again. Its been awhile since I was last there. Marlana, you did a great job in setting it all up and making the albums. Thanks for doing that for us. I should have some new pics of my niece and nephews after Xmas and I'll scan them and send them to you so you can add them for me.

Well, I'm going to get this posted so I don't lose it again. Take care everyone and have a great rest of the weekend.
Old 12-02-2001, 01:50 PM   #9  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Tried to post Friday, but the site was down. Then Saturday morning as I was getting ready to leave and meet my girlfriend the phone rang and it was my sister that I’d had the fight with. She actually called to let me know that Mom had been admitted to the hospital Friday night due to Congestive Heart Failure and her blood pressure had sky rocked to 230 over 100. So needless to say things have been strange this weekend. I purposely went ahead and met my girlfriend and did as we’d planned and went to the Bizarre. Then drove up to the hospital and got there about 4:30 PM. Part of the reason I waited till later is that I did not want to run into any of my younger 3 siblings. Mom is doing fine, her color was good and the oxygen seems to be helping. She ate a good dinner. I think once they have the fluid cleared out of her lungs and the blood pressure under control she’ll be released. Hopefully this Wednesday at the latest. Please keep her in your prayers, I know I don’t have to ask.

Food wasn’t that good yesterday, sampled my way through the Bizarre and then ended up eating a late dinner and didn’t really care. But this morning I got up and after a light breakfast I did my 60-minute power walk and feel a lot better. Before I left on the walk I started my Zero Point veggie soup so, I’ll have that for lunch.

Skeeter, The Today Show on NBC is from Rockafellor Center. You can see the tree daily. The evening new has it on also, better at night. Unless your up early like me, sometimes when the Today Show first starts at 7 AM is dark enough so the tree really stands out.

Tobey, Congratulations on passing the exam. I remember how hard you studied, isn’t this the one that was an all day exam on a Saturday? Sounds like you had a full weekend planned hope it was a great as it sounds.

Jen, gook luck with the upcoming exams. I think you’ll have no trouble finding things to do with the 5 weeks off before spring semester starts, I never did. Congratulations on your weight loss. I have no dough that you’ll make your Christmas goal! BF should have been happy last night given the outcome of the Army/Navy Game.

Well, got to eat lunch and get some of the Christmas decorations done. Talk to you all later. Hope everyone is has a wonderful weekend!

Marybeth
241/188.8/160
Old 12-02-2001, 03:17 PM   #10  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

I have been unlucky at choosing when to get on the board. We went grocery shopping yesterday after giving blood and I wasn't able to get on the board after we got home.

JoJo~My husband likes it when I am on the computer because then he doesn't have to feel guilty about watching so much TV. I would go crazy if I watched that boob tube as much as he does. It has been better lately since he has been working several hours every day on his walking sticks. That sounds like a delicate project at work. I know that you told us before where you work but my memory lets me down. Is it for the state.....highway patrol? Gosh, I'm sorry but I have forgotten. I managed to miss all of the figure skating since last Sunday. I just discovered this morning that there was also one on yesterday but maybe I can actually catch the one at 4 today. Are you talking about the blonde Russian, Evgeny Plushenko? I'm not sure if I spelled that right. He is my favorite male skater even though he is not on the US team. He is amazing to watch. He did a show a couple of months ago where he wore a body suit of a body builder and stripped down to a bikini while he skated and danced. It was great and he got a standing ovation for it. Michelle Kwan fired her coach about 5 or 6 weeks ago and it is starting to show in her performances. She was okay the first couple competitions but then started falling and just being off her skates. She needs to consider getting him back on her team.

Tobey~I can't believe how much rain you are getting up there and we haven't had a drop of moisture in 28 days now. I sure wish we could trade for a while. Congratulations on passing the exam although I had no doubts but at least it is official now. Ya done good. Just reading your planned schedule for the weekend makes me tired. I don't think there are enough hours in the day to do all that. I won't tell about your dh's bubble bath if you won't tell about mine. :wink: I loved the attachment about watering the tree.

Jen~WTG on losing the 2.5#. That is great during this time of year. I was doing so good until yesterday evening. When we returned from grocery shopping, some friends showed up and wanted to go for pizza and we did. I just totally lost all my willpower and had 2 1/2 pieces of pizza last night. I always regret doing it the next day but that sure doesn't keep the flab from hanging on these hips. Hope you and your bf enjoyed the game. Good luck on your finals.

Tammie~I sure hope that you feel better. At least you have the weekend to relax and get over that bug.

Marybeth~Thank you for the info on getting a glimpse of that tree in Rockefeller Center. Of course I watched the wrong stations Friday morning. I kept jumping back and forth between ABC and CBS. I'll try some news shows tonight and I'll tape the morning show tomorrow. I am going to walk in the morning but I can watch it later. I am sorry to hear that your mom is sick and will add her to my prayers. Let's hope that she continues to get better and gets out and enjoys her Christmas.

I have a lot of emails to answer and Christmas cards to fill out too. This is the first year that I didn't have some personalized and I might be sorry for that. Y'all have a good evening.
Old 12-03-2001, 06:36 AM   #11  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
The lost lamb has returned! I tried to get on over the weekend but didn't have any luck; Our server isn't the best, but it's cheap, so, it's ours! Hope all had a good weekend. Ours was pretty quiet. I am supposed to hear from my interview today--the director was in meetings and out all last week, so I guess I'll find out today. I almost am tempted to tell him I'm staying where I am, if he offers it to me. My new boss is awfully nice, and I heard her tell one of the other supervisors that she hoped I stayed with her forever. Now I feel guilty! Well, we'll see; he may not even offer it to me.
Jen, glad you're feeling better, and five weeks off!! You slug!!! I remember being in college and loving the breaks. And I know you'll reach your goal by Christmas, too.
Tobey, send rain, dear, send rain! We've not had much for almost 6 weeks. We did get a bit last week, but not enough to catch up. It's awfully warm here, too....highs around 70, which is odd for December. It will probably turn cold and snow in a week or so. I just noticed we both have birthdays next month!
JoJo, did those sinuses clear up? We live in sinus city down here; my husband is the only one I know who doesn't have sinus trouble and I think it's because he hasn't lived here long enough yet! Jeff doesn't really mind if I use the computer, but this is his favorite chair, so he said he would put the internet on one of the girls' computers in the bedroom; I think that was a hint for me to
get out of his chair!
Marybeth, we'll be thinking about your mom! I hope she's feeling much better. Mine is 84, and she has always been in great health, and still is , pretty much, but she's still 84. I couldn't get in touch with her for two days last week, and I thought "Uh Oh". I finally got her Friday--I told her I was about to start checking the obits, since I know my brother and/or sister wouldn't even tell me if something happened to her! She laughed, but it's really true. I'll have to read about it in the paper, I guess. She said she would come back and haunt them if they did that. At least your sister let you know about your Mom. We'll keep her in our prayers for sure. Do you have weigh in today? I do, and I missed last week cause of my interview; hope I don't get bad news today !
Skeeter, you'll walk off that pizza in no time! You've done so good with your exercise lately! I wish I could give blood, but I'm anemic and they don't want to take it. Maybe sometime. Our three bettas are doing wonderfully--I put their bowls together a few times a week so they can visit and bang their little heads together, trying to get to each other!
Tammie, hope your head's better! I hate those headaches where you want to rip off part of your face or you feel like it's going to fall off on it's own! Feel better!
Mama, mama, mama! How's Mama? You sound pretty perky lately. Can I come to dinner, too? I'll bring a glass to put the ice in We've not had any snow yet; I sort of like it if I don't have to drive in it....I'm not a winter type driver; Jeff is, so I let him run all the errands in his Jeep. I need to send you some more photos..we have millions from all the camping trips. Jeff took them mostly with his digital camera, so we have them on the computer. I don't know how that works, but I could probably just email them to you. I'll ask him about that. I have a closet full of size 6-8 clothes that I can't get into, so I know what you mean about "some day". Some day our waist will come, Mama! I've made it into a 14-16, from a 22-24, so I'm getting there. Slow, though!
I better run and get Mutt the Elder and Mutt the Younger up for school. Love you all, and talk at you tomorrow!
Sally
Old 12-03-2001, 07:48 AM   #12  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning My Friends~~First time here since Friday. I had a very busy week end. Thank God the big dinner is over. A lot of work and too much tempting things in front of me. Girls I eat way too much, so I've blowed another week to lose some of this weight. Today it's back on plan. I have one more get together, the Sat. after Christmas. I'll be glad when that one is over too. Christmas day I'm staying home. I got a treat this year, for the first time they brought hubby and I a gift. Mine is a throw that has wrote on it..."There will always be love in the world as long as there is grand mother's." It also have "Love" and all 5 kids names on it. I really like it. I way really glad they got it because the kids liked giving us something.

Skeeter~~I did get in before the board was shut down. I checked it several times during the day and it was down all day. Neon is still eating a lot of food each day. I don't know if I can afford anymore if they eat like him. That food isn't cheap you know. Have you ever smelled it? woooooooooooo It's bad! I thank my hubby feels the same way about me being on the puter. Last night he wanted to watch some war thing on TV and I made a comment about it and he said there wasn't anything else, I said I don't care what you watch and he said you can get on the puter.

Jo Jo~~Girlfriend, your brain isn't the only one that is fried. I was just reading your post for God knows when, and to tell you the truth I don't remember if I sent you the password to the albums or not. I can tell you green has nothing to do with it anymore. OK...I'm a little I know, but I just read your Sat. post so I did send the pass word. Lord help me!!!!

Tobey~~You wouldn't believe the weather here, heck, I don't believe it!!! It was like a spring day yesterday and right now at 6 AM it's 58 degrees outside. Man did you have a busy day Sat., as busy as mine only you wasn't working. Thanks for the link, but I got no help there, still got the nasty link.

Jen~~I will leave my address in a PM for you. I don't thank I have your email address. Our bio page is always gone now since they changed the number of threads on each board. Congrats on the 2.5 pounds gone. I hope you make it by Christmas to your goal.

Tammie~~Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, I hope your feeling better by now. The Potato Casserole was a hit with everyone. But I want to tell you is has a lot of fat in it.

Marybeth~~You sound like me a lot trying to avoid the brother's and Sister's. We sometimes have to do that just to keep any kind of piece inside ourselves. I hope your Mom is doing better. Doesn't it seem like there is always something to worry about? I to have plans to make a big pot of soup this morning. I have to keep myself satisfied today without eating any of the things I shouldn't have.

Sally~~Little lost lamb, glad your back. I was lost a couple days myself. I had kids here yesterday too and was sewing for Jacky. I have a cheap ISP too, $9.95 a month and it is as good as any I ever had. Boy we are willing to give up money if we find someone that likes us. I don't know if I should say I hope you get the job, or stay where you are. You are confusing us. Honey you can still come and have some of that dinner, it's in the ice box. Not to mention hubby got a smoking mood and smoked chicken, beef and pork on Sat. It's off limits for me today. We'll be waiting to hear about the job.

Ladies I have a ton of email to take care of, so I better get it worked out. Have a nice day. See ya tomorrow. Going to get my Halo back on straight today.
Old 12-03-2001, 11:44 AM   #13  

Hello All.

It is an absolutely beautiful day here. The sun is shining and it is still warm. I think someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that is December here in Canada. I don’t mind one bit. I went for a 6.2 mile run on Saturday and it was so beautiful that again I didn’t have to wear any outer shell/jacket. My run was kind of fun – I forgot that the Santa Clause parade was going on in my neighbourhood that morning so I ended up running along side of them for a bit. Didn’t see the big guy himself though. Our dinner that night was FANTASTIC. I have never had food like that in my life (of course it had a price tag that matched). I hate to admit it but I had a 9-course vegetarian meal plus drinks (some of the course were very small portions). But oh my gosh it was amazing! It was a real experience. Dh and I had the very best time. It was really romantic.

Skeeter: Our weather goes from rainy for a day or two to beautiful for another day or two. Our sunshine should last until Wednesday. Although I wouldn’t mind some temps in the 80s to go along with it. Guess I should get greedy! You were right – there wasn’t enough hours in the days to get everything done. Managed to do everything but get the tree up and go to the library. So I am hitting the library tonight and the tree will have to wait until later. I also find it hard to personalize every card. As you might remember, I was planning to make all of my cards this year. Ahhh good intentions. I got about 4 done and then got too busy. So on Friday I broke down and bought 40 cards. Oh well. I’m no Martha Stewart nor do I really want to be. Your weekend also sounds busy with grocery shopping and giving blood. Do you give blood regularly?

Jen: I love the Rain Forest Café as well. But unfortunately we didn’t make it there. We decided to go to another mall first before hitting that one. So we just had a quick bit at a bar there. At least my lunch was very health – just a green salad. Wow finals are approaching quickly for you. I bet it will feel so good when you are done that last one on the 19th and can breath for a few weeks. And then Graduate in MAY!!!!!!! Have you decided if you are going to continue on after that? And a big congrats on the loss. That is super!

Tammie: Still not feeling good? I hope you did some serious pampering over the weekend.

Jojo: I didn’t know that your hubby used to be in the military. What was he? My BIL used to be a Master Corporal in the Canadian Army. However, he was shot while peace keeping in former Yugoslavia. There was permanent damage to his legs was he was discharged. He is now a software engineer – go figure. I only started in about July of this year. I actually started exercising only after I had lost my weight. I wanted to learn how to control my weight through food choices first. Because for me I thought it would be easier to make that a life long choice. I thought that if I just depended on exercise that I had a greater chance of gaining my weight. Now that I look back, I think it was kind of a silly way to think. But oh well. I used to hate gym with a passion in school! I was never athletic. Even now I’m not naturally athletic but I like to try. It is fun to set goals for myself and push to see if I can meet them. I know that when I go in a race I have no hope of ever winning but I don’t care. I just set a time that I want to beat and compete with myself. I think is great that you make jewellery. Beaded jewellery can be so beautiful. Last year when my friend got married, she had all of our (the bridesmaids) jewellery hand made. We had earrings, a bracelet, and a necklace. They were all done in many shades of light blue beads.

Mb: I am so sorry to hear about the scare with your mom. I will definitely be thinking of good thoughts for her. Glad to hear that you were still able to get out for your power walk. 60 minutes is a great time! Good for you.

Sally: If you do get offered that job, do what you think it best for you and what will truly make you happy and help you meet your goals. I understand that you would feel aweful for leaving your new boss but if she is truly great, she will understand why you are doing what you do. On the other hand don’t take the job if you are doing just for the money if you would be happier in your current job. Just some food for thought – make sure you look out for number 1. Oh our birthdays are very close. I know lots of January babies. In fact we have 5 birthdays that month, not including mine! I will still be on vacation for my special day this year and am looking forward to doing something fun.

Marlana: It sounds like it was a hard weekend but worth it in the end. We were both this weekend when it comes food. This is a very hard time of year. I survived last year and didn’t gain over the holidays so I know that it can be done. I just have to stay on track. Oh did I mention that I am going to a catered Christmas party next week. Ug! That throw sounds so sweet. Good luck with the halo

Well it is just about time to hit the gym. Just a light run today I think. I need to save myself for my race on Saturday. If the weather holds, I might not even need to wear a jacket for that.

Have a great Monday!

Tobey
Old 12-03-2001, 12:32 PM   #14  

Howdy gals. I finally made it back in here. I don't have alot of time this morning. I have to get my butt in the shower for a doctors appointment. I'll find out when I go back to work. Probably Thursday. The weekend was pretty good for me. I didn't eat a whole lot and stayed pretty busy, mostly just goofing around. I got myself a treat Saturday night at the mall. I bought like 5 different kinds of x-mas coffee. Yummy. Now if it was really cold enough to drink that much of it! I went out to check the leaves this morning to see if I would be able to burn them, but they are still way too wet. I stirred them around a little though! I'll just have to keep my eye on them. This weekend was also a good football weekend, Army won, Dolphins won! I'll try to get in here later and post a little to everyone!

Jen
Old 12-03-2001, 05:23 PM   #15  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

I think that I work more now than before I retired. I am going to take a day off soon and not do anything. I did start it out with the 2 mile walk this morning at least.

JoJo~I was thinking after my last post that the figure skating that you were talking about that I missed was probably professional skaters. You must be talking about that guy with curly dark hair and built like a dream. His name is Phillip something that starts with a C. Is that the one? He skates as good as he looks.

Sally~Good luck with your job. Maybe if he offers the job, you can ask for 24 hours to give your answer. Then ask your supervisor what kind of raises or advancements she sees in your future with her. That might help you make a decision. We are looking forward to some pictures of you. The one of you in the album is behind a motorcycle and hard to see. How about some before and then some recent with that smaller body. You have done really great. I finally gave away all my size 6-8 because I think that is a lost cause. I did keep some of the 10 and 12 sizes. I'm glad that your little fish are doing good. So are mine and I still find them fascinating.

Marlana~I found a lot of uneaten pellets in Leon's tank when I cleaned it this weekend. I need to watch him a little closer because he normally only eats 2-4 pellets a day. I thought he has gotten a bigger appetite but I just wasn't seeing the uneaten ones. I got my dogs washed and the beds also. We went on the 4 wheeler to get the mail and then a couple of roads over to visit a neighbor. I still haven't started on my Christmas cards but can move it to first place for tomorrow.

Tobey~We found out that the local parade was being held Saturday evening while we were shopping that day. We didn't have enough time to take the groceries home and get back in time. We are going to try to make it next year though. I think that a parade in the dark sounds cool. I have always tried to donate blood on a regular basis. It was really easy when I worked because they brought the people to us. The set up in our basement for years and we could choose our time to go down and donate. Then they started bringing the mobile unit out in the parking lot. I hadn't given any since we moved here until September. Then we were kind of slow about getting back in there in November so they called us and asked us to come back because they needed the blood. We are going to try the apheresis donation the next time. It takes an hour and a half but we could do that now. I think that it is fascinating the way they can separate what they need and put the rest back. Loved the attachment.

Jen~I hope your check up with the doctor is good but I also hope he gives you a little more time off. I have been waiting to have a nice campfire outside. We burn yard trash during the day and then sit around a good wood fire at night. The mosquitoes are still too bad out there though. It is going to take some cold weather to kill them but it will also kill my flowers that are still blooming. I also have some really nice tomatoes on my plants. I am hoping to get to eat some of those before the first cold snap. If it gets too cold before they get ripe, we will have to have fried green tomatoes. That would almost be worth the cold weather.

I better go make some dinner plans. Y'all have a good evening.
Closed Thread