Old 05-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Talking W.O.W.'s 4th of July Challenge Week TWO chat thread!

I didn't see the new thread so I started this one. How was everyone's weekend? To read about mines, see my new blog post (link in sig). I don't feel like retyping it out.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #2  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Shari,
Thanks for starting the new thread.
I have some fantastic news. As of this morning I've lost 31 punds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still have 29 to go to even get to my goal, but I thought that this was a pretty significant milestone. My next goal is to reach 170 by the ned of the month, so 3 pounds left to go.

I'll post again later this evening when the kids go to bed, but I just wanted to check in with everyone.
Love
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:24 PM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i'm here i'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:53 AM   #4  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Where is everyone???
Holyteror-Glad to see that you are with us still. How are things with you?

Michelle? Just cuz you may not be loosing, doesn't let you off the hook from posting.

Jeni-What's going on?

Paula-If you're lurking, we're thinking about you. Hope things are better with your father.

Brandi-Where are you???

Suz-how was the weekend? How's Beck going?

Shelby-Hop back on the horse honey. I know you can do it!

Gotta get to bed. Need to rise early before the little ones and get some things done.
Love
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:59 AM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies. I had a very busy weekend off. I had a sick child on Friday, Babysat on Saturday and Sunday and Monday I was out ALL DAY!
Yesterday was Tommy's 19 month checkup (we missed it at 18 months) That boy is big! 36 inches long and 32 pounds. He is in the 97th percentile. Makenna (to compare) will be 4 at the end of next month and is 41 inches tall and 39 pounds.

Anyway I have been off plan big time this weekend. Today back to basics. W 80
E45 min
E 1300 cals
Dget in WEE
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:30 AM   #6  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up hi!!

Hi girls, checking in!!

The weekend was spent more or less vegetating - it was the first free weekend with zero obligations that I'd had in recent memory, and my body just crashed. It felt good, and I must have really needed it.

Love - congratulations on passing a milestone (which is much more pleasant than passing a kidney stone)! You should be very, VERY proud of yourself!! We are!!! And to answer your question - Beck is going great. I can't believe how much I am learning, and it feels so empowering to finally attack the root of my eating issues. This is really going to do it for me, I think.

Jeni - no worries about being off plan... remember, every time you have a slip, you can start over again with your next meal. Nobody said it's easy, and it's especially hard when you're a working mother of 2 little ones. Hang in there, kiddo.

Hi Shari!!

And YOOOO HOOOOOO everyone else, where are you???

My WEED:
W: 100 ounces
E: 1300 calories
E: Went to gym yesterday - today's my day off!
D: Get outside and enjoy some of this beautiful weather, stick to my Beck skills, and have a positive day!!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:31 AM   #7  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

OH - hi, HT, didn't see you there!!!

RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Hi Ladies,
Just a quickie! I've been so busy and worried about my dad that I haven't even really had time or felt like lurking. I'll have to catch up on all the posts later.
The weekend was hard. My dad didn't look good. He was running a low grade fever and they had him on more meds. They had him scheduled to do the trech and feeding tube yesterday. I saw him yesterday morning and I was expecting him to be the same as he had been all weekend. Was I surprised when I walked in and he had his eyes wide open and seemed to be in good spirits. Of course he still couldn't talk because they still had the tube down his throat, but he just looked and acted better. I left after they did the operation. They said they were going to possible also take the drain tube out of his head yesterday and he should be feeling a lot better today. They are going to start getting him up before long and starting him on his physical therapy. I swear his nurse yesterday must have been the head cheerleader when she was in high school. She was so bubbly and had such a positive attitude. She said my dad was doing great and much better than they expected him to be doing. I left yesterday feeling so much better about all of this. I sure hope he's even half as good today.
My TV blew up Friday so we had to get a new one. Of course all they sell now are expensive wide/flat screens. Since they wouldn't fit in our entertainment center we also had to get a chest for the new TV to sit on. My house addition and fireplace keeps getting put back more and more.
When I got home from he hospital yesterday we decided to take the carpet up in my daughter's living room. The people before had dogs and the carpet was so stinky even after she scrubbed it. The floors are beautiful hard wood. She's going to get a big area rug for the center of the room. We still have to take the carpet off the stairs and hallway. They she'll have hardwood throughout the house except the kitchen and bath.
I've been out to check on the garden. My lettuce is peeking out and so it the sunflowers. The onion sets were already sprouting when we planted them, but the seems bigger. I have to still plant the tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. I'm waiting a little longer for that. It's been getting cold at night and I don't want to change them getting too cold. We had frost last week. I'll probably put them in on Sunday.
Well, I guess I should get my shower and get ready for the day. I'll try and catch up in the next day or so.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:07 AM   #9  

Paula -- I'm so glad your dad is doing better -- it must be all the support you offer -- you are such a wonderful person -- I can just tell how important your family is to you.

Suz – I LOVE weekends like that – it’s amazing how few and far between they are but it just seems to help you start over again for the week. Glad you enjoyed it.

Jeni – Who was sick? I hope everyone feels better. I hope you are back on track. How is work going?

Love – Hope you have a great day and you and kids get to play outside!! Awesome job on the 31 pounds – Ask Jeni how heavy her son is – that’s what you’ve lost!!

Good morning holyteror – how is everything going?

Good morning Shari – Wow – looked at your blog – except for the car troubles, life seems to be really going your way! Hope your car gets all fixed up – what a great mom/step-dad you have!!

Anyone I missed – have a great day and stay on track – bathing suit season is coming!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Hey girls. Haven't been around in a while. Finals weeks is finally OVER. So now I'll have a little more time to come here and post! I had to start over with the Bikini Bootcamp cuz I had too much going on last week that I couldn't keep going with it. But I started it again yesterday...it's a killer workout!

It looks like everyone is doing well....I wish I had some of the determination you girls have....it's so easy for me to just not do anything every day. But you guys really DO IT. And I'm learning lots from all of you. That's why I love this challenge so much and why I wanted to come back to WOW....it was the one time I actually started to lose weight.

Anyways....I have some stuff to do today so I should get going. Have a great day ladies. Oh and here's the WEED....

W - 4 cups
E - Bikini Bootcamp (circuit training, yoga, C25K)
E - 1200 calories, watch portions
D - Don't pig out at the end of the day!!! (That's what happened yesterday)
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #11  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't checked up in so long. My dad came in from overseas and I have been pretty busy the last week. I have also been eating like a mad cow and gained a pound (I am too stubborn to change my ticker LOL) Man I hate to lose a whole week of oppurtunity, but I just can't let it get me down. It was my choice to eat those foods, so I have to accept the stall in weightloss I brought upon myself. Still frustrating though!

Hope you ladies are great.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #12  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls! Sorry I've been MIA...you know how it is....excuses, blah blah blah. I feel bad, I was pretty depressed my last post, about how I'm actually GAINING weight, off my feet and all. I'm actually feeling pretty good these days. Oh and I know, but I did weigh myself yesterday and I've actually only gained about 4 pounds, not the 7-9 I was thinking I did. I think I saw 228 on the scale...I can't be too upset there. In fact, I'll allow up to about 232 before I worry. OMG these pain pills are messing with my mind! I can totally see how people can get hooked on these things! School's almost out, two more weeks, I think?

Shari, thanks for starting the new thread! I was a TOTAL slacker this week I skimmed over your blog, I'd like to take the time to really read it! Sounds like you really have a lot to look foreward to these days! And OMG a king sized bed!!!! Isn't it heavenly!?!??!? DH and I always had a queen and last year's tax return we decided to go king and we can totally spread out and not even touch each other! It's huge!!! Of course, it's an open invite for the children to join us but its big enough that even DH, me, two kids, and the cat is PLENTY of room. LOL...oh and I saw your post somewhere else requesting trail mix recipe, I'll hunt up the one in the WW cookbook, they have a small section with LOTS of different recipes. Plus I suppose you can just toss together everything you like. I'll post what I find tomorrow.

Lovemacon, you really kept this thread going too! AND......CONGRATS! On your milestone weight loss! With the kids and whatnot, I can so relate to your struggles. I'm so proud of you sweetie! You're kicking BUTT! I'm totally jealous!

Hey Suz, glad you found the Beck book, it sounds like it is changing your life! Of course, whatever you're reading is pretty much what I think of how you inspire us and change our mindsets...you've had some pretty deep philosophical postings yourself. How's your gym time going? I remember you and me as the quintesessential (SP?) gym rats, how's the running going? Still overworked/underappreciated at work? Glad you had a nice weekend to recouperate and relax.

Jeni~your babies are just THRIVING! Funny how BIG Tommy is. I always laugh, because Rachel and Robert are the same way, Robert is a peanut but older and there's the little one, who weighs almost as much as the big one. How's your workout at the Y? Your job sounds so demanding, did you imagine it would be so busy? Even my own 12hr shift and spaced far enough apart for me to breathe! I love imagining you on the forklift. I probably told you that I worked in a factory while in nursing school, I got to drive a tow-motor (pretty similar if not the same thing as a forklift) once in awhile. I used to beg the guy to let me drive it, but I only got to do it a couple times. I was a bit of a hazard on it....LOL

Miz Shelby! How are the kids? Hows everything going? School almost out over there?

LaBonita, don't worry about how often you pop in or how much you post, just know that we're here for ya ANYTIME! We know you're busy and working hard in school, we're just happy any chance you get to post! How were finals? All A+s right?

Hey Sockmonkey, happy you popped back in, don't worry about that one stinkin pound, I don't change my ticker for gains either, unless I figure out that it's not a fluke/water weight/etc. How did your finals go? All A+s too?

I see you Teror! How are ya?!?! How's the husband? Are you using your gym? How did those fitness baskets sell at the craft fair?

Paula I saved you for last, because I've been worried about you and your dad lately! What a surprise that he is doing so well (open eyes and everything), I'm so happy! I know he's not out of the woods yet but he sounds like a fighter and has a wonderful support system to back him up. All this talk about traches and feeding tubes is so sad. So I'm still praying for a successful recovery. And when it rains it pours, doesn't it? I hate unexpected costs like the new TV. It IS hard to find a TV to fit in an entertainment center. We'd like to get a flat screen but they are so high! But we have a nice big entertainment center too! So then you end up looking for a new home for the center too. How does your garden grow? LOL did I tell you I was thinking about doing my veggies in pots on the patio? My MIL grows her tomatoes in big pots, scattered all around her house. They're decorative and easy to maintain.

These pain pills have got me rambling. Gotta go to Robert's school tonight for some Arts and Technology thing. And we have to drop off DH's car to be worked on. Talk to you all in the morning. Hope I didn't miss anyone ! xoxoxooxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:08 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Much quickie! I made it through today so two more days off! Things were lousy today, the boss was yelling at everyone, but I don't blame him the production was supposed to start today at noon, but do to umm, lack of training and leadership the crew that was on yesterday neglected some important steps in the cleaning process so we had to start over today. NOT our fault, but he was stressed. (I even got hollered at twice) GOOD NEWS: My job should be running when I get there on Friday morning that means I will finally get the training I need to DO my job!!!!!

Shelby, Makie was sick. we were all set to go to sports when I felt her forhead, and wouldn't you know it when I checked her temp 101.5! she had been fine all day (although I should have known she was so well behaved on Friday). She was better on Saturday. Monday we went to the doctor for a well baby check up for Tommy.

Makie has swimming lessons tonight, then I am thinking I may send DH home and let me workout for a while. I really want to get in a good workout. If he doesnt want to leave he and the kids can go play in busy town.

Gotta run!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #14  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi! I haven't checked in in a few days.
I haven't been feeling too well... my weight went up a pound over the weekend, but back down by today. Guess that's a good thing!
My WEED for tomorrow:

W- drink a bottle
E- go to the Y tomorrow night!
E- stay in my points
D- write down points... clean house!!!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone, I haven't been around in a while. It looks like everyone has a lot on their plate. My scale hasn't beeen moving so I went back on South Beach to clean out my system. I don't want to stay on that too long. It's to hard to stick with it. Flow
flowingair is offline   Reply With Quote