Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-20-2007, 05:09 AM   #1  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Default YAY for control! (happy message)

Ladies I had to share because everything is going so well right now and I thank this forum for encouragement!

- Back to my happy weight. AND to do it I had to resist choc chip brownies at writer's circle last week then fruit crumble (my FAVE) at dinner last night. So hard but by now the pleasure would be gone and I wouldn't have my RESULT! Reminds me of something my mum's slimming club leader said when people used to comment 'I was lucky'.: 'There is no luck in weight loss. You get what you deserve. Maybe not day to day, but over a week, certainly.' TRUE.

- Have eaten main meal in public every day this past week, including outside in the sun.

- Felt stupid, fat and ugly yesterday and today I know I am none of those things.

- Last 2 convos with my mother v. positive, she's happy I'm happy.

- Revision going good. Exams start one week tomorrow. Been looking at past papers and thinking yes. Yes I can answer these questions.

HAPPY THOUGHTS TO EVERYONE!!!
Am posting this now cos might be down again tomorrow lol. Possible new goal for summer, post exams is to get off depression meds. Been on em since I was twelve and every attempt to come off has ended in near-disaster. But maybe not this time!
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Me23, I'm so happy for you!! You've overcome some terrific hurdles. You might print those off so you won't forget how well you're doing.
Keep it up, hon!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #3  
Geek and like it.

Tank u . You're doing good too and I love the smiley star.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/211/160

Height: 5"5

Good for you Me23!! I know everytime you pass on something it makes the next "pass" easier. Keep it up!

Word of caution though: if you do try to go off your meds and find you need them, DON'T be hard on yourself. I too have tried many times (last time after I was divorced and happier than I had been in 20 years!) but after a few weeks or so realized I still needed them. If that's the case, remind yourself that if it were blood pressure meds or insulin for diabetes you'd have to continue because it's a physical problem. NOT a flaw within you.

Good Luck in your final days of school!
reneeks5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me23 View Post
Possible new goal for summer, post exams is to get off depression meds. Been on em since I was twelve and every attempt to come off has ended in near-disaster. But maybe not this time!
Oh, my gosh, I totally missed this part of your post! As Renee said, don't be hard on yourself if it's "not your time" to get off the meds. I've been on them for about eight years, and my daughter's been on them since she was 12. I think I may be a "lifer" on the meds, but I'm hoping that my daughter will be able to come off them soon. Without too much difficulty. They've been a life-saver for both of us.
I'll keep you in my prayers, hon... you're going to be okay.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:24 AM   #6  
Geek and like it.

Reneeks5, that is exactly what I tell myself about the meds - that if I was diabetic I'd be on them forever. I don't think there's anything wrong or weak about taking them, but every so often I think hmm, I'm doing good, maybe I don't need them anymore, and I just try. I am generally pro-med. They saved my life! In fact I was having a convo with my friend who has also been on meds for years and she said

'I want to get off them, because when I'm off them even if I'm down I feel like this is truth, this is the real me.'

I said 'If the mess I was is the real me, I don't think I like the real me very much!' And she laughed. Anyway I'm not going to try until I finish my exams, go back to my mother's house in Wales, hopefully get some sun, and then we'll see. If I can't, I can't. Thanks for the support!