UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #1  
DETERMINED

Default support and understanding needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey.
ive been searching for ages for a chat room to talk to people and get support. i want to tell my story and say my reasons why i am doing this:

Right so about two years ago, my sister got sick as in cancer, everyone seemed to ask how she was and be with her, i never got talked to about it or looked after after all i was still only young. it wasnt jealousy i just needed some love, like every child does. So therefore i turned to the only comfort i had, food. i've always been chubbier than my size 6 sisters, but i was overweight for my age, at 14/15 weight 10st10 wasnt right. anyway, my mum one day noticed how much i was putting on and advised me to go to the gym. i was upset and indenial, exercise had never been my thing. That summer i went on a camp with my scouts, the best time of my life, i was ill, most probably homesick and i didnt feel like eating. so over two weeks i lost around half a stone. So that kick started it for me, i thought why not just not eat. so i did it, i didnt eat, only dinner. So i was having around 600/700 calories a day. I went down to 8st3 in the space of a short time.

Now i am in a relationship with a boy who treats me so well, its long term and i love him incredible amounts. However the weight started piling on again, i now weigh 10st6. And i want to lose it again maybe to around 9 stone so i can be happier and more comfortable with myself. I know its not the healthiest of diets, but im doign the same as last time, and drinking a lot of water.

However i feel the weight loss, more than the scales show? Anyone else experience that? i cant ask my friends, as i dont want them to realise im on a diet, otherwise they will think its for attention and that im not serious about it, as well as them telling me to eat more. so i need support from others like you lot, it would mean a lot and im really excited about joining this site.

Look forward to hearing from you.

x
01determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/236/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi determined, welcome to the site, you really are going about things the wrong way this is not a healthy way to lose weight. Like the rest of us you need to have a balanced diet along with exercise.

It may be that you are losing inches therefore your weight is not changing.

Good Luck x
fee2482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #3  
DETERMINED

thank you for advising me. but im used to this diet, its the kind of thing i want and know works. i dont think its healthy but im still eating enough-ish. my boyfriend keeps telling me its silly, but its for myself, and to be in crontrol of my food makes me feel much better.

also, if im losing inches, surely id be losing weight too? and because i have large 32F boobs, will that effect my weight alot, you lot all seem to know your stuff.

thank you

xx
Old 05-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #4  

Well as long as you know its not healthy lol, you need to remember that if you are only eating one meal a day then when you go back to eating normally the weight will just pile back on thats why you should think about a sensible eating plan.

You can lose inches but not weight.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #5  
DETERMINED

i do. im silly i am. but it boosts my confidence so much. i long for the past too much, and i want to be happy and the best for my friends and my boyfriend.

x
Old 05-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #6  

Most of us prob feel like that, well hopefully this site will work for u.

Good Luck x
Old 05-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It is much easier to be happy when you are healthy. Much better to be on a well balanced food plan if you want lasting success.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote