Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:32 AM   #1  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default S/O support

The night before last I was burned out and just tired because I moved to Savannah over the weekend and had a poor week of eatting prior. Anyways.. lathargeic is the only word for it. I havent found a gym here yet ( which I am doing today) so anyways... My fiancee gets home and he asks " did you workout today" of course I was like "no" and he says "well you need to pick a video, whatever it is you want to do, and do it. I will go upstairs with Aubrey ( our daughter) and I will lift up there.

I really didnt want to do it. I wanted to sit on my butt and do nothing. I almost felt like WHO THE HECK DOES HE THINK HE IS!?!?!?! lol But I got up.. grabbed a video and did it. Im sooooooo glad that he "made me" do it. Had he not done that I wouldnt have gotten any exercise. I just feel very fortunate that even though we have different goals ( I want to lose and he wants to gain muscle) we push each other and when it comes to food there are no squabbles because we both eat the exact same way, he just eats more because he is bigger and needs to feed his muscles.

This led me to this post because I was curious as to what is everyone elses support system like?
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:42 AM   #2  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

My support system is my husband and my family. They're the type of people that if they can even see that my face looks even slightly thinner... and even if they suspect that it might even be the makeup fooling them into looking thinner they still make a comment like "wow... you're really doing well with this plan aren't you" my husband is probably the sweetest though. He calls me up every night (we live apart during term time, I am at college away from home) and says "did you stick to your points today?" and I'll say "yeah" and he'll say "honey I'm so proud of you" or he'll say "did you manage to get some exercise in today?" and i'll say "yes" and he'll say "how do you feel?" and so i get to pour all my feelings out about my exerice and everything and if i say "no!" he'll say "hmm honey... you know you should have... maybe tomorrow?" and I say "yeh... maybe tomorrow." it's a wonderful feeling that he's tracking my weight loss as well. AND dont get me wrong it's not that he wants me to lose weight but he used to always worry about my motivation in EVERYTHING I DO studies, exercise, friendships... and for him to see me finally doing something and he can see that my confidence has grown I think it just generally makes him feel happy.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #3  
Is on an Infinite Cut

thats really good. I think it helps alot when you have a s/o pushing you or if you are both working toward a common goal, sometimes it makes me feel like he is pushing me for him, but I know better than that hes doing it because he knows how bad I want it.

Ive created this "monster" anyways. Because when I met him he was probably about 20lbs less than what he is now, I got him into working out and eatting right, and I do the same thing to him, its just that he is in the peak and he is starting to see major results so he is GO GO GO GO right now!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Wow, that's great. My SO is supportive in a kind of head-in-the-sand way. He'll remark that I look good, but he does that anyway. He doesn't complain about the early rising for exercise, but I don't think he'd push me to do it if I was sleeping in. As for food, he's OK for the MOST part with the healthy cooking (he's improved over the years), but sometimes I can push it a little too far. When I want something that's too "diet" for him, I just make it for myself, and do something else for the family.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

ready2shed...WELCOME TO SAV. Btw the ymca in pooler is actually very very good. If and when you are ready to work out...let me know..i'll be here for 2 more months.
As for support system. I have a friend i work out with a few times a week. My DH is supportive..mostly. I say mostly because he occasionally says he wants cake and wants margaritas. He has a bad sweet tooth and doesn't ever seem to gain weight. But i know if i ask him to stop asking me about cake or margaritas...he would. I just haven't. But overall he is unbelievably supportive and compliments me alot on my wt loss. Last time i told him how much i lost he said...awww my wife is a featherweight. He really is very supportive.
Its good that you got your rear kicked to convince you. I need that done more often. Give me a shout sometime.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

I would say my boyfriend is my support system. He'll ask if i am going to the gym or if i went to the gym. I feel like he pays for it, i'd better go. But i love to go to the gym. That lady kicks my butt every time i go. I missed about a week and a half and i felt so guilty for telling my boyfriend i went. So, i went back this past monday, and i am soooo back on track of wanting to go. I can't wait till tonight!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm lucky to have my boyfriend, my sister and my mom, all doing what they can to help me achieve my goal. I'm living at home right now and my mom is always careful to have my fruits, veggies and salad fixings in stock, and she has altered what she makes for dinner so I can be happy eating it too.

My boyfriend was always pretty clueless about what to eat (his food pyramid consists of bread, meat, cheese and potatoes) but he has worked really hard to keep apples and carrots in his apartment for when I'm over, not pressure me to drink so much, and together we have found plenty of foods that we both can enjoy. He even pushes me out of bed in the morning to go exercise before rolling over and falling back asleep.

My sister has always been skinny as a rail, but she's full of good tips that she is happy to share. Little does she know, when I'm skinny like her, I'm gonna steal all her clothes
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #8  
Is on an Infinite Cut

Its so funny that you mentioned the Y. I am about to go there in about 30 mins to sign up. The gyms in Sav are too far, the other ones in Pooler are.. well.. run down and they charge the same dern price as the Y and then Kevin and I both can use it. Also I have my little girl so I need a place I can pawn her off lol.. the Y just has alot to offer! I would like to work out anytime you are ready, I will have to go around the daycare hours though so that I can work out. Dont know anyone here yet that can help with her. Let me know your schedule.

I have an insatiable sweet tooth too... especially around TOM.. my fiancee has so much dern willpower its insane. One thing that I notice though is that his parents banned candy from the house, but in my house it was ALWAYS there. Hmmm well Im not a candy person but cake and cookies are my things Thank goodness hes not like that because if he was I know I couldnt say no!