LA Weight Loss - Just for fun....

View Full Version : Just for fun....

Sherry36
05-10-2007, 02:36 PM
What does everyone's User ID mean? How did you come up with it?

Mine is my first name and my age. Oops! Did I say that out loud? That's a no no! :nono: :smug:

Dan2112
05-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Mine is just my name followed by the title of one of my favorite Rush albums (and yes, I said album :lol:)

smjezzy
05-10-2007, 02:46 PM
First 3 letters are my initials, the jezzy is a spoof on my last name.

Jrny2aNewMe
05-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Mine's really self explanatory - I'm on a J(ou)rn(ey) 2 a New Me.

My favorite on here is LottaMe2MiniMe.

hdsqrl
05-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Mine's an abbreviation for Harley-Davidson Squirrel, "squirrel" being the nickname I earned a couple of years ago as I was told that once I grew my hair long enough to make a good ponytail, I'd be able to ride my own bike. Just as a squirrel uses its tail for balance, I would use my "tail" for the same purpose, heh.

A couple of years went by, and I grew my hair out, and lo and behold, I learned how to ride my own last year, but it's a Honda, not a Harley. The Harley will hopefully come in a few years. :)

Sherry36
05-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Dan,

My kids laugh at me when I talk about 8 track tapes, albums, and cassette tapes. All they know are cd's and mp3's.

Sherry

hdsqrl
05-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Hah, I was in 8-track reminiscing mode earlier this morning, and finally went to Amazon and ordered myself a Carpenters cd and also one by Captain and Tenille...both were music I'd listen to on my mom's 8-track when I was growing up. :p

Sherry36
05-10-2007, 03:17 PM
OMG Captain and Tenille! I used to LOVE them the Carpenters too! WOW!

JerseyMadchen
05-10-2007, 03:18 PM
JerseyMadchen= Jersey + Madchen (German for girl)

Yeah, I know, REAL original.

Sherry36
05-10-2007, 03:21 PM
It's more original than my name and age! I usually use my daughter's name: Shaylene because my husband and I made it up so it doesn't get much more original than that.

emmysmom
05-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Mine is also pretty obvious...my daughter's name is Emmy (Emily)...emmysmom:)

JLem311
05-10-2007, 03:33 PM
mine is sort of a nickname for me. it's the first letter of my first name (jillian) and part of my last name and then the numbers are my 2 fave #'s--which happen to be my birthday 3/11 and my fave band (311). and i goof around and say i'm cooler than JLo, because I'm JLem. :) ha.

bizlawchik
05-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Sherry - I'm 36 too :sssh:

Bizlawchik came from back in 1996 when you had to limit user names to 8 letters. Our small law office (two attorneys and me) did mergers and acquisitions and they had one e-mail address for the office (because this e-mail concept was new to attorneys). It was bizlaw@firmname.com. When I got my first AOL account and needed a screen name, and was limited to the 8 letters, I was bizlawchik. I used to say I was their mascot (LOL). The name has stuck ever since. Even after I cancelled the AOL account.

katiebug77
05-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Mine is my nickname that my mom had for me when I was a little girl. The 77 part is the year that I was born. You can do the math for my age... just kidding! Today is actually my 30th birthday :)

JerseyMadchen
05-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Happy Birthday Kate!

mlmagic
05-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Mine is the first 2 letters are the intials in mine & DH first name and magic is my sweeties high school nickname...cause he was the "magic" man in football:D

Oh and I LOVED all the old "albums" I am 40...so I remember the 8 track's and spinnin' those records in my room:D My kids think I'm a relic...;)

smjezzy
05-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Guess I'm lucky. My son listens to my old Zepelin and Pink Floyd vinyl.

He does draw the line at Donny Osmond and Ricky Springfield though <shrug> and yes, I did just date myself.

slim n trim
05-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Happy Birthday Katie,

mine is just something I made up also.....
its my goal - to be "slim n trim"

hdsqrl
05-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I loved Rick Springfield back in the day. :) Also: Joan Jett, the Go-Go's, and Huey Lewis, heh.

mamato2girls
05-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Mine is self explanatory. I'm a "mama to 2 girls"!!

Oh, and I remember listening to Captain and Tenille on 8 track as well. AND, my most favorite gift from Santa EVER was my little red record player and an assortment of 45's (Carpenters, Elton John, Theme from Dukes of Hazzard, etc.)

Snactuary
05-10-2007, 04:18 PM
I've been thinking that I should come up with something else, but I've been using 'Snactuary' for various things for a very long time. I'm an Actuary (by trade) and I like to Snack - so 'Snactuary'. I can't take full credit - one of my co-workers told me that one of her former co-workers came up with it - but I always liked it, and kinda adopted it for my own.

Happy Birthday Kate!!!

JerseyMadchen
05-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi Sarah! I am actually in school trying to finish up my finance degree (switched from Math) and am planning on persuing actuarial sciences! Nice to meet one in the flesh (so to speak!)

Wrongway
05-10-2007, 06:33 PM
i'm very directionally impaired!! i always go the wrong way. i go across the street and i'm lost.. (almost literally) lol. i only chose this name cause the one i really wanted was already taken.. that one was windsong.

Repo girl
05-10-2007, 06:54 PM
I chose repo girl because at the time, I was a repossesion agent. Loved the job, but due to new state regs, the bank that we were working for quit doing them for the most part. The bonding insurance was too expensive to keep since we were only doing 1 or 2 jobs per month, so we quit. We do have a couple of car lots that still call us when they need something, but that is it. I gotta tell you, there is no better rush than legalized car theft! Now I kind of wish that I had chosen a different name, since it does not make much sense anymore.

KoffeeDiva
05-11-2007, 02:25 AM
I used to drink a lot of coffee (regular not decaf) and I love to sing (ok, to myself in the car!) so I tweaked the coffee a bit and came up with KoffeeDiva! (I'm really no diva... just a down to earth Seattle girl!)

I drink more decaf tea/coffee now than I did then but I've had the screen name so long I decided to use it here too!

sar66
05-11-2007, 05:28 AM
Mine is the first three letters of my name (Sarah) and my year of birth '66.

zambejaly5
05-11-2007, 07:05 AM
Mine is the same one I have used for my email for many years. it is 1-2 letters of each of my 5 kids

Z -- Zander
AM --Amber
BE --Benji
JA -- Jade
LY -- Lily
and 5 for 5 kids.

Sherry36
05-11-2007, 07:30 AM
These are all really great!

Repo Girl, Keep the name and remember the legalized rush you had every time you got to repo a car!

Wrongway, Another good id might have been "Your Other Left!" My husband is always saying that to me. :)

OMG! The music you guys are remembering is killing me though. Wow are we all dating ourselves BAD!! :) I saw Rick Springfield at the free stage at the NYS Fair last year or the year before. You know you're old when you can see someone you loved as a kid for free! He's still got it! The last time I saw him in concert was his Tao Tour. I was soooo in love. My all time favorite musician to this day is John Cougar Mellencamp! I still melt when I hear a song of his come on the radio. I saw him in concert a few years back. What a show he puts on! It was fantastic!!!

Keep them coming everyone. I love the originality and creative behind some of these names. Besides that it gives everyone a chance to learn something new about you.

Debbie367
05-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Mine is my very first AOL email address...name and birthdate (march 1967). Need I even say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Carpenters.

My parents were really cool and even taught me how to do The Hustle...way back in the day. We would put our Gloria Gaynor 8-Track on and just boogie! Now that I have an ipod I download all my fav's! The other day my boss came into my office and said...."Is that YOU DROP THE BOMB ON ME"...turn it up!" LOL

Sherry36
05-11-2007, 07:34 AM
:woo: :balloons: :bday2you: :balloons: :woo:

hdsqrl
05-11-2007, 09:44 AM
OMG, I love YOU DROP THE BOMB ON ME, too, hah! I knew I was old when I was signing along with all the Bee Gees songs on AI this week, heh. I miss my Bee Gees cd...that should be the next one I buy. Or maybe the Doobie Brothers. I love them, too. :p And Styx, including the entire Kilroy Was Here album. :woohoo:

JerseyMadchen
05-11-2007, 10:51 AM
I may be young, but I LOVE "oldies." I am actually listening to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons as we speak....

Hope everyone's having a great day!

mlmagic
05-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Mine is the first three letters of my name (Sarah) and my year of birth '66.

Hi Sarah...what month were you born, I too am 1966!

mlmagic
05-11-2007, 10:56 AM
OMG, I love YOU DROP THE BOMB ON ME, too, hah! I knew I was old when I was signing along with all the Bee Gees songs on AI this week, heh. I miss my Bee Gees cd...that should be the next one I buy. Or maybe the Doobie Brothers. I love them, too. :p And Styx, including the entire Kilroy Was Here album. :woohoo:

Oh man me too, loved them ALL, I really loved the Bee Gees Sat nt fever thing...:carrot: I miss those days...

Debbie367
05-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Megan - I love the Doobie Brothers too!! Michael McDonald actually lives near me and he performs around town from time to time...He is still AWESOME!

Do you have an Ipod? I cannot live without mine...I have everything from "
Baby's Got Back" to Steely Dan to Rick Springfield! I love music because you can always find something to fit your mood.