Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #1  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Default The tiniest success ever - but I feel great!

I have so much trouble eating around friends in social situations - probably because I hang out with mostly guys and I always want to be that laid-back, fun girl who doesn't worry about weight or count calories. So I always wind up eating more than I intent to and make some pretty bad choices.

One of my closest friends is in the states on vacation after spending a year and a half in the Peace Corps in Bolivia and we had a big barbeque party for him last night. Instead of having a GIANT fresh sausage and potato salad, I had a grilled veggie burger and a big salad. I did indulge in some chips and a delicious homebrew stout beer, but I was so proud of myself for making such a good choice. And at the end of the night, when most of my friends were uncomfortably stuffed and a bit drunk, I was feeling good.

Like I said, a tiny thing, but it feels like such a turning point for me - like some sort of public acceptance that I'm trying to eat healthfully and be good to my body.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey, not a tiny thing in my book! Social situations and eating is one of my biggest struggles too. I'm pretty sure I would have had the sausage...so GOOD FOR YOU!!! Congrats on sticking with it! That's awesome!
emilyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

There's no such thing as a tiny success. This is hard work! And you did good.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:21 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7''

well done on your excellent choice - no small victory!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote