Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #1  
Hippy Chick

S/C/G: 346/308/180

Height: 5'9''

Default Already sick of broth and jello...

Ok- so I'm 4 days post-op and I'm already thinking about eating a small 4oz. cup of fat-free yogurt. Is that going to mess me up?

I'm doing the broth and water and sugar-free jello... I get full, but it's not too long til my tummy grumbles and makes all kindsa noises. I'm also drinking the protein shakes once a day, which leads me to believe it will be ok to have a small amount of yogurt.

How long did you guys wait until you slowly started incorporating in full liquids? Did you all wait the reccommended 7 days, or did you go with what your body was telling you...

Melissa
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #2  
banned

I was a week out before I went into full liquids. That was about the time I also did strained creamed soups, pudding, yogurt and even a little skim milk.
LAnneCarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/147/135

Height: 5'7''

Ugh, I feel for you! It was the longest two weeks of my life. I had to do clears for 2 weeks, then any type of liquid for another two, then purees for two, then finally real food. This was all during Christmas and New Years!!!! Ugh, it was killing me LOL

It really is what is best for your new pouch. Of course I cheated here and there, but I was sorry when I did. It wasn't pretty, and felt terrible.
Shrinky Dink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:57 AM   #4  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I did instant mashed potatos, sugar free pudding, grits, oats, sugar free jello, cream soups, all from day 2. I am 12 weeks out and have lost 71 lbs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

make sure you're getting all the protein your doc says you need. and remember, we only absorb about 20 grams at a time, so if someone is drinking a 40-gram protein shake, thinking that they're meeting the protein goals, it's probably not working too well.

be careful with the fat-free yogurt [or ANY yogurt, for that matter]. be sure to read the CARB COUNT on the label. there are carbs in yogurt - and ya gotta take that into account. try to stay under 15 grams per serving for right now.

as for the boredom. Darlin - yes, it's boring, but it's also TEMPORARY!!!! it'll end. i promise. just do this one day at a time, and before you realize it, you'll be well on your way to success. don't rush the process.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #6  
banned

I had my first fill done today....I'm back on soft stuff today and tomorrow. I already had a 20 oz protein shake and feel full and satisfied.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #7  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi All~

I'm new here and almost a week post-op from lapband surgery.

I have to say that reading all the replies to this topic, it amazes me how doctor's orders regarding diet differ so much. My surgeon has told me that I am basically able to have anything that I can fit through a straw right now. Now that doesn't mean that I am going to go off and puree a cheeseburger right now, though the temptation was there a couple days ago.

Just a question as a side note, please forgive me if I should have posted this somewhere else...Does anyone have any tips or tricks to getting the required amount of water in in a day? I am finding it hard to do when only being able to sip water in small sips atm.
TheStorySoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #8  
Old Cackler

hey there, Story girl! glad to see you here.

as for tips for getting in all that water - just keep sipping away! you can add flavorings to the water - like a few slices of lemon, lime, orange. keep on plugging. it'll get better. i promise!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:47 AM   #9  
banned

I used the little Propel flavor packs that can be added to water bottles..the lemon is my favorite, though the berry is good too.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:55 PM   #10  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Thanks for the responses.

I am thinking about adding flavorings to my water. I have noticed that while I have no problem with the way water tastes, after five months of almost drinking nothing but water, it is starting to get boring.
TheStorySoFar is offline   Reply With Quote