Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - mustard has 165 calories??

View Full Version : mustard has 165 calories??

girl81
05-02-2007, 07:13 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this so please feel free to redirect it moderators.

I was looking up calorie info on calorieking and punched in yellow mustard. to my shock, it showed one cup as having 165 calories and 7.8g fat!? is that correct?

sfj
05-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Not sure what "prepared" yellow mustard is. Buts that what gave you those numbers.

If you look under Heinz, Sauces: Yellow Mustard, Squeezeable one bottle ( 1 lb 15 oz) have no value. Well except the 8000 mg of sodium.

Besides who eats 1 cup of mustard?

LLV
05-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Yeah, but who's going to eat a whole cup of mustard?

A teaspoon of mustard, depending on the type you buy, ranges from 0 calories to 10.

ennay
05-03-2007, 04:19 PM
compare that to a cup of mayo (1577) or catsup (250) and you'll see that for a condiment, mustard is pretty good (except for the sodium). Only salsa really does better (69) and as much as I love my salsa, I cant put it on EVERYTHING

LLV
05-03-2007, 05:14 PM
compare that to a cup of mayo (1577) or catsup (250) and you'll see that for a condiment, mustard is pretty good (except for the sodium). Only salsa really does better (69) and as much as I love my salsa, I cant put it on EVERYTHING

I'm the same way. I love salsa, but I'm not crazy about putting it ON foods. The only thing I'd put it ON is maybe a baked chicken breast or something. Some people use salsa for salad dressing. I tried that once. Umm, it didn't go over very big, LOL.

I've also been known to put the occasional dab of salsa on a baked potato, but that's about it. To me, salsa is for dipping chips into ;)

ennay
05-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm the same way. I love salsa, but I'm not crazy about putting it ON foods. The only thing I'd put it ON is maybe a baked chicken breast or something. Some people use salsa for salad dressing. I tried that once. Umm, it didn't go over very big, LOL.

I've also been known to put the occasional dab of salsa on a baked potato, but that's about it. To me, salsa is for dipping chips into ;)

Oh, no I put salsa on a lot. Every morning I have my omelet with salsa. I use salsa for a salad dressing - especially dining out because their salsas are usually mild. But only salads with meat or beans, not usually just veggies. In wraps.

For me I am VERY brand picky with salsa. I like the kind that tastes really fresh (and goes bad quickly ) like Herdez. I detest Pace or other americanized brands.