Old 04-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #1  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Angry Dang you, WalMart!

I had a bachelorette party in Chicago this weekend, and went to WalMart to get a cute new top to wear.

I got fatter just walking through the door. They have changed their sizes on their White Stag clothing line so that 22W-24W is now a 3X instead of a 2X. How discouraging!

I was able to find something, and looked nice, but wow.

On an upside, we went to Torrid before we went out, and I found a cute top there for 15 bucks in a size 2!!! I don't know why the numbers matter so much, or rather why I choose to let them matter to me. *sigh*
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/244/175

Height: 5ft 6in

Such a Pretty Face-

Sorry that you were bummed out to start a fun evening!! It's like the old saying that says words will never hurt me- not true! THose numbers do mean A LOT!! Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will be in lower numbers soon. Being able to shop off of any stores racks is one of my dreams!!
Salty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I hear ya about Walmart. Now I have to wear a 4x!! (24-26) Makes me feel like a giant cow. We should write a letter or something!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

It's frustrating, isn't it? I go to cheaper stores for my work clothes because i hate my job and spending money on it... but i have to go right for 1-2 sizes larger than my usual, and it sure is a mind. *sigh* But isn't Torrid fun??

Have fun at the party!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/276/150

Height: 5'6"

That's why I love Lane Bryant - I feel so much thinner there! I'm a 28, but can't even fit into Walmart clothes, so at Lane Bryant I feel thin, lol, b/c at least I can buy something there.
katrs5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:09 PM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Most of us understand how you feel, and because of that I just wanted to take a moment to share this!

Early on in my journey I needed a new pair of jeans. Mom and I were at Kohls and they had the cutest pair of Lee jeans that came with a belt, yada yada yada. Anyway, Mom was seriously into her "trying to encourage me" mode and insisted on buying them for me. They were a missy size 18. Later that day I was at Macy's with my DH and tried on some jeans there, and needed a 16 in missy's in a pair of Calvin Kleins. I bought the CK's because I knew I really needed two pairs. I wore the CK's, washed them, wore them again, washed them, etc. The whole time those Lee's hung in my closet. I finally returned the Lee's because I just couldn't make myself wear them because the tag said 18, when I knew I considered myself a 16! When I layed both pair on my bed to compare physical size, the Lee's were actually a tiny bit smaller than the CK's, but that didn't matter. I couldn't make myself put them on!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I saw that when I had to go on a trip and it was disappointing. Plus I swear they fit smaller too but with a larger size. (Of course it could've just been my trying to stuff my post pregnancy butt in them too. )
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/244/150

Height: 5'4"

It's amazing how much sizes fluctuate from store to store. I do love shopping at Lane Bryant though -- I usually fit into smaller sizes there :-)
sunfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Wal-Mart sizes are crap - I bought a pair of shorts in a 4X a couple of summer's ago. 4X?? I was wearing an X maybe 1X at any other store. And once you go up the sizes they just don't fit the same - ick.

American Aimee - I am sorry the sizes made you feel worse, but you are NOT the bigger size!! I'd say sizes don't matter - but I don't know who lives in that world, just trust that Wal-Mart sizes are crap, heh.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:20 PM   #10  

Aimee-sending hugs!

I used to find clothes at Walmart all the time. Now all the spring/summer clothes are in very dull, muted colors that look awful on me. I'm pale with brown hair and eyes-I don't need to wear drab colors-give me turquoise and fuschia and purple!

I stopped going to Lane Bryant because they got so expensive! Or am I just cheap???

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote