Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #1  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 327/308/140

Height: 5'5

Default Work out clothes

hey everyone. I am about to join a gym and I need to buy some clothes to work out in. I am thinking, at first, sweat pants and tshirts may be best. I'm not against shorts though (I prefer basketball shorts). Where do you guys recommend I go to buy tshirts that are wide and longish. Sweat pants aren't a problem but getting some basketball type shorts could be - any recommendations for that as well? I wear about a size 34 in womens and, I think, like a 54 in mens for pants and about a 3XL tshirt. The Tshirt is the main thing I'm worried about - I have a hard time finding nice and loose tshirts, and when I do find tshirts that fit width wise they are usually too long for my 5'5 self. Thanks in advance!
thetimeisn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There are a few places you could look:

Target
Walmart
Junonia.com
JustMySize.com
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #3  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I shop at Walmart for all of my workout clothes. I usually just wear black workout pants and a tshirt honestly. It's comfortable, and I feel comfortable in it.

I am a size 18-20 in pants, but I found many of their styles of workout pants fit me me quite well in size Large. Who knew.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:28 AM   #4  

Walmart has Hanes Her Way Just My Size workout pants and tops. They are cheap and seem to stand up to being washed often. You may want to try some of their capri pants. Sweatpants may be too heavy. I can't work out in them-I get way too warm.

I think Kmart still has some plus sized workout clothes but their selection is pretty small.

I think Jc Penney's catalog has them too but they're pricey.

Good luck!
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Ditto with Suzie - I buy my stuff at Walmart - the just my size line. The T-shirts are very generous width wise. The shorts are run pretty big too. I usually wear a 3x and they are swimming on me (not from weight loss). Believe me, at 5'2" I can be swallowed in a t-shirt that fits the girth!
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #6  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 327/308/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks, everyone. I will give these places a try! I guess my problem has been that I've been going to actual sports stores instead of other places. Thanks!
thetimeisn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh, I do have to say that sports stores will not carry plus sizes. I've tried for years to find exercise at sports stores and I haven't been able to do so. Now that I wear L/XL on bottom and L on top, I can shop elsewhere but when I was 1x-2x on bottom and XXL on top, I couldn't.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Avenue and Lane Bryant both have lines of workout clothes now, also. They are overpriced (and I can't speak to quality, as I haven't had them long but I know others have had mixed experiences with both stores) but I've found several outfits on clearance at Avenue that I'm using now. I bought some black yoga-like pants for $9.99 and I wear t-shirts with them. I buy big t-shirts online from Old Navy when they have their $5 t-shirt sales, so I don't worry much about how they'll hold up after being washed after every workout.
peaceful is offline   Reply With Quote