Support Groups - ATTENTION: Thin Wannabees SWIMSUIT Challenge !!
Calling All Thin Wannabees!
It's that time again! Congrats to all who made their goal and to all who made some of their goal and to all that tried at least in our Easter challenge. Today is a new day and this is a new challenge a new start so lets DO IT
Come join in our SWIMSUIT challenge and let's get into our bathing suit or at least make it fit us better! So come on in set your goal
on your mark get set GO!
Please check in at least once a week with your progress - if you have a loss, or are the same, or "gained" (remember, confession is good for the soul) ... whatever your goal is just check in and let us all know how you are doing.
My goal for this challenge will be:
1) Continue with Curves and my daily walking!
2) drink at least 80 oz water or more every day
3) hopefully lose at least 5-10 lbs
So, what's your goal??? Come on, hope to hear from everyone! Each mini-goal brings us a bit closer to our big goal for 2007! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Thin Wannabees Moderator
04-26-2007, 09:40 AM
I am up for the challenge. My goals are to,
Get in at least 4 days of exercise
Eat dinner earlier
Drink plenty of water.
Hope to see you at the finish line!!!!! :jig:
2B Fat No More
04-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Count me in!
1) Drink at least 1 Gallon of water/day :cheers:
2) Exercise at least 5 days a week :tread: :lifter:
3) Take my kids for a walk at least 3 days/week :bubbles: (in add. to goal 2)
4) Lose 10 pounds :goodscale :dance:
5) Not eat after dinner :hun: :tape:
PS What's the timeline...when's the end date?
04-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Count me in too, but what's the time frame? I want to set a weight goal
as well as behavior/diet/exercise goals.
OK - how about the end of June for our time line ?? That gives us 2 full months! Good luck everyone!
2B Fat No More
05-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Cool. That'll put me in good shape for my trip to Prague (mid July). I'm presenting at a conference and want to look good doing so...:p .
05-04-2007, 11:36 AM
OK, I'm up for the challenge and this is my list -
1) I will go to the gym and exercise at least 50 times during May
and June. That's about 6 x per week.
2) I will limit my average daily calorie intake to be at most 1250
calories. Hopefully this will be in the form of 5 small meals a day.
3) I will eat tons of vegetables, drink tons of water, and consume
most of my calories during breakfast, "brunch" and lunch every day.
4) I want to see how often I can stick to my "ideal" meal plan,
which is -
9oz skim milk and 12 fl. oz. fruit for breakfast,
"yong tau foo" for brunch,
vegetables, wild rice, and 5-6oz of meat/fish for lunch,
fruit and vegetables for afternoon snack,
9oz skim milk and vegetables for dinner.
("Yong Tau Foo" is an asian soup place near my office that
makes custom soups with lots of vegetables and tofu or
5) I want to get my percent bodyfat down to 28% by the end
of the two months. If I reduce my bodyfat, then I don't
care how much I weigh.
*) The bonus prize will be if I lose 2 lbs per week. That would be 142
lbs on June 25 or 140 lbs on July 2.
05-06-2007, 09:32 PM
How do we want to continue the thread?
Weekly updates every Friday?
05-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Im in! My goals are
to drink at least 3 bottles of water a day
go to the gym at least 4 days a week
on nice days to walk to pick my daughter up from school instead of driving
to loose 10 lbs
05-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I am in this challenge too. :carrot:
My goals are to:
1. Make good food choices and follow the Weight Watchers plan. :broc:
2. Drink my water, no matter what, just get it down. :flow1:
3. Continue to go to Curves and exercise in some other way when I can't go or even do both. Do this faithfully at least 5 times per week. :exercise:
4. Lose at least 10 lbs, during this time and continue this summer to lose even more. :dancer:
Take care everyone and good luck!
Reporting in here! I have lost 2 lbs! Still doing my Curves and Walking and ama getting better at getting my quota of water down. How's everyone else doing so far?
Lisa: You can report in whenever you feel like it - there is no set day. It would be nice if we all posted at least once a week tho. Hope everyone is doing great!
05-24-2007, 11:31 PM
An update on progress towards the SWIMSUIT CHALLENGE:
1) I'm not getting enough exercise, but I'm not off the wagon.
I'm going 3-4 times per week instead of 6x/week.
2) I'm doing really well on limiting my calories.
3) I'm doing well on consuming vegetables, but I'm having too
much salt (mainly in the form of soy sauce on my veggies)
and I'm not getting enough water. I drink TONS when I remember
but then I forget for several hours, and by the time I remember
again I'm already feeling crappy. I can really tell now how much
the water helps me.
4) I'm sticking to my meal plan. It's more of an automatic
routine now, so that's very helpful. Not as difficult any more.
5) My percent bodyfat is NOT declining the way I would expect
if I'm losing only fat. Either I'm burning muscle as well (which
I fear) or else something like hydration is interfering with the
measurements. In any case, I'm not going to meet my 28%
06-04-2007, 09:54 PM
My goals are
1) Get full servings of fruits and veggies.
2) Stay away from soda/Drink more tea and water
3) Go to the workout center in the clubhouse a 4 times a week.
4) Drop another 5 pounds
I may be a little late in joining the challange, but I'm in, too.
My goals for the end of June are:
1. To record my food in my WW points journal every day.
2. Not to go over my daily/weekly point allowance.
3. Too start walking w/my daughter at least twice a week.
4. Drink at least 48 oz of water daily (with 1/2 of that actually being water and not crystal light. I would do real well every day if I could count all sugar free lemonade I drink as water, but WW suggests that count for only 24 oz.of the 48 they suggest).
5. Loose a minimum of 5 pounds by the 26th (my last weigh-in of the month).
I could come up with a few more, but I think that should work for this month.
06-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Okay a little late but I'm joining up. Here are my goals
1. Walk atleast 1 mile every day
2. Be completely off of sodas by the end of June
3. 170 pounds
06-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Well it's the 14th of June and I'm at 14.5 miles so I'd say I'm meeting my walking goal. I'm doing much better with sodas when I'm home. No more than one a day. When I'm out running around though I can't resist my diet coke with vanilla from Sonic. But, hey I'm making progress right? And I've only got three pounds to go to meet my weight goal. YEA!!
How are you gals doing? It's the middle of the month, everybody check in!
06-15-2007, 02:31 AM
Thanks for posting! Here's checking in against my 6 posted goals:
1) My exercise has been really lax, like 3x/week or even 2x/week,
and I'm not going to make my target of 50 trips to the gym. I
used to never exercise, so thinking of 3x/week as lax is an
2) I've kept my calories low. I'm within my goal of having 1250
calories/day on average. I think the low-cal eating became
easier after I'd been doing it a while because my taste buds changed.
3) No big news here. I'm continuing to eat tons of veggies, drink
lots of water, but usually I have my daily snack allowance at one
sitting in the afternoon instead of multiple snacks. Even though I'm
drinking a lot of water, I'd be better off drinking more.
4) I've totally switched to low-carb, so my "ideal meal plan" has
really changed, but I'm pretty much sticking to my new plan.
5) My percent bodyfat measurement varies a lot each time I
take it, but current range is mostly between 29.0% and 30.5%.
I once got a reading of 28.5, but my average is probably not
going to meet my goal of 28.0% bodyfat by the end of June.
But you never know.
Bonus) My current weight is 143.4, and I'm astonished to see
I'm on-track to meet my goal of losing 2 lbs per week!
YAY!!!!!! I had no idea I could do this. Aside from all the
suffering and deprivation, which I'm now accepting as normal,
it feels like winning the lottery.
Checking in here ... sounds like everyone is doing great! My Curves weigh and measure last week was a total of 20.5 inches gone and 10.5 lbs. I've gone down a size in my tops so something is working. Keep up the good work everyone! Love, CJ
06-16-2007, 01:35 AM
I know it is kind of late, but I would like to join in. My goals are:
1) to walk/run 5 days a week
2) complete all of my floor exercises 5days a week
3) drink all of my water, daily 8 glasses
4) to stop drinking diet pop
I would like to be at all of my goals by July 15.
"I know I can, and I know you can, but do you know you can!
07-03-2007, 02:02 AM
For the past two weeks, I've had a lot of off-plan days, and several days
without much of any plan, but I'm back on the horse and now I'm into
my second day of totally on-plan eating.
My current weight is 144, which is tons better than a few months ago but
a slight disappointment for the short term.
My big news for this weight loss challenge is that I achieved 28% bodyfat.
Wooo-hoo! My bodyfat goal was my biggest and most important
milestone, and I didn't think I'd be able to do it by the end of June.
I also kept to my goals of eating lots of vegetables, drinking
lots of water, and eating most of my calories in the early part of each
day. I got lazier and lazier about trips to the gym and now I'm only
going 2x/week on average. Some real loss of determination on that
4me4ben4will, Kim, SakuraHime9892, (Sassy) Sharon, Shelly (weeone6),
Jen (2B Fat No More), kornard, PattiAnn -- How are you doing?
07-04-2007, 01:47 AM
I hope you're all having a great 4th of July!
07-05-2007, 02:20 AM
I hope to hear from you!
09-22-2007, 03:55 PM
I actually bought a swimsuit from venus swim wear online, and it's my goal to fit it by next year. :D the brazilian bikini bottom is size 2, and i'm currently size 5-6... so here's what I will do to get to that goal:
1.) exercise 2-3 times a week.
2.) only 1 cheat meal day per week. (also known as my pig out day :D)
3.) eat 4 times a day with smaller portions. not exceed 1200 calories.
4.) Lose 30 more pounds from October 2007 to February-March 2008 :)