South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Default Feeling the Frustration (Not weight related)

Well, things in the house-buying department have become abysmal! Our mortgage broker emailed us today with a good faith estimate for a 30 year ammortization with a 5 year balloon at 7% fixed interest. Well, HELLO, what kind of couple in their 20s can afford to pay $61,000 after just 5 years?!?! There might be some, but me and DH are not them. What kind of mortgage broker thinks this is an ok option?!?! We have to be out of our current house in 6 days! Not a lot of time to find more options. We should have closed on Monday, but this is dragging on into our worst nightmare. Our stipulation was that there would be NO arm payments, balloon payments, etc., etc and that we wanted a 15 or 20 year term. We made it clear that if those were all we qualified for, we would continue to work on our credit and try again in a year or two. Now we’ve already sunk $1500 into surveys, appraisals, and earnest money that we won’t get back whether we buy the house or not. I feel so helpless. And we’ve got only one weekend to find AND move into a rent house if this all falls through. I’m starting to feel woozy — need to get off this and just let what happens happen.

Sorry for my rant - had to get it off my chest!
Old 04-24-2007, 03:59 PM   #2  
Michael Ann 1973

Oh my God! I know exactly what you are feeling. Breath deep and don't get too upset. It really work out for you. I am stopping what I am doing right now to pray for you. I am going to get all my friends at work to pray with me and you will see a miracle. I mean it!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:07 PM   #3  

Thank you SO SO much! I haven't stopped praying since we got the news. I'm trying to let God bear the burden, but it's not helping much - trying not to start crying at my desk. Thank you and your coworkers so much!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Oh, Kim! They say that buying a house is one of the major stressful times in a life. They're right! Just remind yourself that there are no accidents and there is a reason for everything that happens. You can't control this one. I recommend sitting down and writing a list of anything and everything that you and your husband can do. Do what you can and leave the rest up to God.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #5  
On The Beach!

Awww Kim It'll all work out!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kim, keep faith, it will all work out just fine and according to God's plan.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Buying a house is always a nightmare of endless paper work and dissapointments. Having done it myself a few times I can surely sympathize!
The last house we were going to buy fell through at the last minute and I was heartbroken. BUT, there was a reason it fell though..about a week later we found a bigger, better wonderful house for even less money than the first..! If everything had gone through on the first one, we'd have less house/land for a lot more money..
The house we wanted so badly apparently had faulty wiring and the attic and roof burned a few months after the new owners moved in.

In the 3 years that we've had this house, the value has DOUBLED (largely due to Katrina ) We had it refinanced a couple of months ago and I nearly had a heart attack over the appraisal. We've done a lot of work on it, but mostly cosmetic stuff, not stuff that would actually increase the value based on appraisal..

So as aggrivating, dissapointing etc as the process is, if it is YOUR house, then you'll get it. If this is not YOUR house, it won't work out....

And YOUR house is just waiting for you to find it.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #8  
Michael Ann 1973

Kim,

My co-workers and I prayed and all agreed that you would have an answer by tomorrow afternoon.

Matthew 18:19-Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father who is in heaven.

I know I don't know you, but we are sisters in Christ and that means that everything that hurts you, hurts me. Please let me know when you hear your good news!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:54 AM   #9  

Thank you all for your prayers and good vibes! They sure did help me get through the afternoon at work.

Mortgage lady got back to us after work yesterday with a GFE for a 20 year mortgage w/ no balloon payments and lower closing costs. DH thinks they were just trying to take us for fools and stick it to us, but I think she was just doing what the bank told her to. Anyways, DH and some friends will be moving us in tomorrow, Friday and Saturday while I'm stuck at work, sigh.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #10  
Michael Ann 1973

I so wish I could give you a hug! That is awesome news. When we prayed yesterday we asked for a better deal than you had in the goodfaith deal and looks like that is what happened! Yeah!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I love seeing the power of prayer! *sniff*

So glad it all worked out, Kim...keeping you in my prayers.

It's also wonderful to see how supportive you Beachies are. I love seeing people take the concept of 'one body' seriously.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:52 PM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Awesome news, Kim! Enjoy your new home.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:22 PM   #13  
On The Beach!

Kim - that's SO great!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:51 PM   #14  

Thank You Thank You Thank You!

THE SUPPORT HERE IS LIKE NOWHERE ELSE! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

We close tomorrow @ 4:15 and are going to start moving in tonight and finish up by Saturday! So excited!

Sunny: Thank you and your friends so much! Here's an internet hug for you , and some for your friends. I don't know how many there are, so here are a lot!

Thanks again! Wooohooo! God is awesome and works EVERYTHING OUT in the way He thinks best! PTL!!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kim! I'll be thinking of you at 4:15 tomorrow!
Closed Thread