Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-24-2007, 12:43 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default changes in season!

whenever it's time to change closets, i'm filled with dread. tears, even. why? BECAUSE I'M CONVINCED THAT I'VE GAINED A HUGE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT SINCE I WORE THOSE CLOTHES!!!

And this spring is no exception. in fact, i stalked the pile of clothes for a week. but, as they say, necessity is the mother of invention. and i can't wear corduroys forever.

bottom line, with the mom stress and the job stress, i haven't been exactly on track. yesterday's lunch consisted of wheat thins! and i had my nice lunch all portioned out and with me, and i still didn't eat it!!!

i was prepared to cry, and to then go out and shop so that i'd have something cooler to wear.

and here i sit, in last summer's capris. let's be honest. i'm a bit lumpier and softer than last year, because my exercise has dropped to about 0 over the winter. mom issues. job stress. they get in the way.

i can fix this. and last night, i got the tires on my lovely yellow bike filled with air, and rode it for 2 miles.

things are looking up! honest!

love to you all.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:07 PM   #2  
For my HEALTH...

Smile You GO Jiffy

Oh Jiffy>> -- I am so sorry about all your troubles with your Mom and your job.

I truly hope that things ease up for you one of these days

In the meantime RIDE Jiffy RIDE

Good for you for getting into last year's capris !

Your Friend -- Pookie

Last edited by POOKIE88; 04-24-2007 at 05:59 PM.
POOKIE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:24 AM   #3  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Jiffy, I really identified with your post. After I tried on all my clothes from last summer, I kept what I could wear, but I knew that I needed to get summer clothes (I was only 3-6 months post surgery last summer), so I was watching for sales. Found a really good one on tank tops & sat there trying to figure out what size. I wore Medium sweaters all winter, but for some reason, I was reluctant to think I could wear that size in summer clothes. Result was that I passed up the sale, rather than try one on to make sure. The mind pulls us back into our old thought pattern if we aren't careful, I've discovered. Good news is that I have given up going by size. Different styles, brand, etc. fit different. My closet now contains everything from Small (Size 8-10) to a 3XL (Size 22-24) & they all fit. Go figure!!!

I just started walking again last week. I forgot how much I enjoyed having that time for me.
Loodie is offline   Reply With Quote