Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Question Meetings vs. Online?

I apologize in advance if this has already been posted, but...

I would like to join WW, but am trying to decide whether to go to meetings or do it online. What do you all do, and do you like it? If you do it online, is it all online or do you get a points calculator/points book. This is the main thing I'm concerned about because if I don't have access to a computer but want to know how many points a food is how will I know? Can any of you let me know what you like about meetings vs. online?? Thanks everyone!
Old 04-28-2007, 09:36 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi there!
I have used the online site and I go to meetings and my personal preference is to get out there and go to meetings. In my opinion, you can't beat face-to-face support and accountability, and the leaders and other participants are there to cheer you on, pick you up when you fall, and give you the advice and support that you need. You will receive printed materials when you go to meetings, and have recipe books (which I find are the best resouces of all, especially since the points are already calculated for you!) and supplemental books available (i.e. fast food guides, etc.) I prefer this to online, computer driven information because I truly am not very technologically smart!
Also, I found the online site somewhat difficult to use, especially when using their recipe calculator functions. I even found that their calculations were actually wrong for some of my recipes. Seriously. I wrote them an email to this effect when I cancelled my subscription, but never heard back from them. SO, for ME, a personal face-to-face approach has worked wonders.
Best of luck!
Old 04-28-2007, 10:49 PM   #3  
banned

w the monthly pass you get both for 40 dollars
Old 04-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #4  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

i did it online about 2 years ago ... and was somewhat successful

but i was not able to maintain that success ... i gained it back and then some

i recently re-committed to WW about 2 weeks ago and this time doing meetings. I have to say, for me , the meetings are a blessing!!!! the support there is amazing and i find myself looking forward to my meeting every saturda morning

its a comfort to be able to talk with people facing the same "food addiction" i am facing .... that gets lost online .....
Closed Thread