Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #1  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Default So I'm doing this thing, and I could REALLY use some help.

I want to do a 21-day challenge. Just me, by myself. Challenging against myself and nobody else.

I've laid out an exercise plan, and I have my diet plan (calorie-counting, averaging 1500/day) from before I went on spring break and everything in my whole life fell apart (not true, but dramatic, right?) for a few weeks. It's back to normal now, and I'm counting down the weeks until graduation, June 16th. And I've been having a really hard time motivating myself. A lot of that comes from the scale, cause it's making me crazy trying to figure out if I've gained or lost or am holding steady and I DON'T EVEN KNOW FOR SURE WHAT MY WEIGHT IS RIGHT NOW! Which is steadily driving me nuts.

So I've decided on an experiment. I want to do a three-week challenge, wherein I do not weigh myself at all. Not even once in three weeks, not at all. The other part is, this is designed to be three weeks strictly on-plan, both in exercise and in food (although to me the exercise bit is more important since it's the part I really struggle with). I want to see what (if anything) happens when I'm not micromanaging the scale but am doing things "right" over a period of time. I may extend it to four or five or maybe even six weeks, but I'm going to start at three for no apparent reason.

The thing I am hoping to find someone to help me with is this: I need to hold myself accountable. I'm going to do that as best I can on my blog (link in sig), but I'm also hoping maybe I can ask one or two people here to keep poking me to see if I'm keeping up on what I've promised myself I'll do. A reminder that I can't just fail in silence, as it were.

So if anyone's willing to do me that favor, I'd really appreciate it, and will gladly poke you back for extra motivation if you'd like. PM me, ok?
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #2  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

I'm always ready for a poke. I wait for people to come around the corner and then POKE! Hee hee. Just kidding.

But sure, I'd be up for being PM buddies. I need some extra accountability, yep.

I'll PM you.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote