Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 09:03 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default tuesday

hi guys,
thanks for the messages of support. i still haven't managed to speak to someone from the tv company who was paying for my training. hopefully that will happen today. i did speak to people from the met place. they offered me full forecaster training with them as a permanent job (doing it with tv company it was only a 48 week contract). it sounds great until you hear about salary, location and the fact there wouldn't be any broadcasting experience, which is what i was doing it for (i am interested in the weather, but not that much)! in short, i'd get 10 grand less than i'm on now, i'd not be based in london but be stuck paying for a flat in london (which would take up at least half my salary and cos i'm sharing with BF can't exactly let out my half of the bed!) and i wouldn't be doing what i really wanted to do. i haven't said no yet, but i can't see me being able to take it. i really hope i can get some joy out of tv guy, but i don't see it happening. media is certainly fickle.
ali - you are disappearing on us!! sounds like things are going v well with your BF.
tonya - good on you joining WW. i'm sure no one will mind you being there, esp if you tell them how much you've lost before joining. you can do this!
jenk - have a fab time in las vegas! hooray on the 3 pounds.
jenl - glad you had a good vacation. we missed you.
stacey - did you have fun with the vacuum cleaner?!
kim - so sorry to hear about your dad's job. life is pretty crappy right now huh? i hope you feel better. and watch the ice cream. i've kind of OD'd on it this past few days. i know a cure would be to eat some b&j phish food cos it makes me feel a bit sick if i eat too much and that would put me off ice cream for a bit. but the points consumed in the process would be too much. i must be strong!
hello to everyone else, old and new. come out and post!
kirsty
ps haven't seen shallow hal. it's not out here yet. but i can't wait to see harry potter!! haven't bought any tickets yet so no idea when i'll get to see it.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:17 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Kirsty: I am so sorry that it hasn't been working out for you with the broadcasting job thus far. Hopefully you'll be able to hear from the training people soon. I am going to see Harry Potter next Monday evening... I don't have time this weekend.

Eek, I am getting stressed again with school. I have to find time to talk to an insurance broker this week. I'll try and get an appointment this afternoon. I am also working this evening, fun fun fun.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 11-13-2001, 10:45 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi Kirsty and Ali.

Kirsty - good luck with the jobs. What a stressful time. But also, it's so exciting because anything can happen. Good luck to you!

Ali - sorry about the stress with school. Sometimes I want to go back to school to get my MBA, so hearing about other people stressing with school gives me a reality check.

So - My weekend was okay. We went out both nights, but I was excellent and didn't drink a thing. I went over like 3-4 points 4 days out of the week; but I excercised 6 days... so I think it'll be okay. I was eating over because I was STARVING and I think I was starving because of all the exercise. Seems to defeat the purpose.

I saw "Bridget Jone's Diary" for the first time this weekend. I read it a while back, but I never saw the movie. Good movie in my opinion, but the weight issue was played down in the movie. Which is good considering I don't think a size 8 is overweight at all.

I weigh in today at lunch. I'm a little nervous. Because while I did really well, journaled all week, and any days I was over, I definately made up with exercise. But I lost 2 pounds last week, and really I'm not sure I should have. So, I'm worried it'll catch up with me this week. But I don't want to be over 170... because that'll mean I lost my 50-pound goal and have to get there again.

AGH! Sorry for the long email - I'm just nervous about weigh in!

Lisa
Old 11-13-2001, 10:54 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Lisa - Good luck with weigh-in! I'm sure you'll be fine - it sounds like you are doing really well. I also went out both nights this weekend, but I certainly can't say that I didn't drink a thing! Good job!

Jen - Welcome back! I hope you are well rested now.

Ali - Sounds like you are super busy, as always. Hang in there!!

Kirsty - You sound a bit better today. I'm sure it will all work out for the best. Just hold your head up high until it does.

Have a great day!
Jen
Old 11-13-2001, 12:38 PM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Well, I just weighed in and I lost a half pound.!!! Which I'm happy about. As well as I did this week, last week I lost 3 pounds last week after eating out a bunch and barely exercising... so I was just hoping to keep that three pounds from coming back to haunt me.

Jen - thanks for the encouragement. I plan on not drinking alcohol until New Years - excluding this Friday. It's my roommate's birthday so I would like to celebrate. I have 9 1/2 pounds to lose before Christmas, so I'm hoping that leaving alcohol out of my diet might help.

Hope everyone is well!

Lisa
Old 11-13-2001, 02:30 PM   #6  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Went to the dr yesterday. All is well and I did not gain that much weight. Only a pound. However, yesterday I was on a pizza frenzy. I had 3 slices and three breadsticks. That is 30 points. Yikes. I will have to be careful this week to make up for that. That is ok as I need to eat more fresh veggies so I will try to stick to that to fill me up. Also, I have been making soup to have for lunch (I love soup but caned is very high in salt and makes me puffy) so I will make zero point soup for this week.

Kirsty: what a bummer about the job. That stinks. However, they don't sound too organized or helpful. I mean they have hed you hanging on for a long time. I would say maybe it is for the best and be glad you can stay at your job. I bet you and BF will be fine living and working together. I think before you take the step some things can seem detrimental but after it is ok. Also, a relationship is, hopefully, forever...a job is just a moment in time. So I would not worry about that.

Hello to eveyone else. Must go get some water as I have not been drinking enough.

Trish
Old 11-13-2001, 02:50 PM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi all. Not much to say today. Just wanted to share this email I got from someone:

What do women want?

Young King Arthur was ambushed and imprisoned by the monarch of a
neighboring kingdom. The monarch could have killed him, but was moved by
Arthur's youth and ideals. So the monarch offered him freedom, as long as
he could answer a very difficult question. Arthur would have a year to
figure out the answer; if, after a year, he still had no answer he would be
put to death.

The question: What do women really want?

Such a question would perplex even the most knowledgeable man, and, to
young Arthur, it seemed an impossible query. But, since it was better than
death, he accepted the monarch's proposition to have an answer by year's
end.

He returned to his kingdom and began to poll everybody: the princess, the
prostitutes, the priests, the wise men, the court jester. He spoke with
everyone, but no one could give him a satisfactory answer.

Many people advised him to consult the old witch--only she would know the
answer. The price would be high; the witch was famous throughout the
kingdom for the exorbitant prices she charged. The last day of the year
arrived and Arthur had no alternative but to talk to the witch.

She agreed to answer the question, but he'd have to accept her price first:

The old witch wanted to marry Gawain, the most noble of the Knights of the
Round Table and Arthur's closest friend! Young Arthur was horrified: She
was hunchbacked and hideous, had only one tooth, smelled like sewage, made
obscene noises, etc. He had never encountered such a repugnant creature. He

refused to force his friend to marry her, and have to endure such a burden.

Gawain, upon learning of the proposal, spoke with Arthur. He told him that
nothing was too big a sacrifice compared to Arthur's life and the
preservation of the Round Table. Hence, their wedding was proclaimed, and
the witch answered Arthur's question thus:
What a woman really wants is to be in charge of her own life.

Everyone instantly knew that the witch had uttered a great truth and that
Arthur's life would be spared. And so it was. The neighboring monarch
granted Arthur total freedom.

What a wedding Gawain and the witch had! Arthur was torn between relief
and anguish. Gawain was proper as always, gentle and courteous. The old
witch put her worst manners on display, and generally made everyone very
uncomfortable.

The hour approached. Gawain, steeling himself for a horrific experience,
entered the bedroom. But what a sight awaited him! The most beautiful woman

he'd ever seen lay before him! The astounded Gawain asked what had
happened. The beauty replied that since he had been so kind to her when
she'd appeared as a witch, she would henceforth be her horrible, deformed
self half the time, and the other half she would be her beautiful maiden
self.

Which would he want her to be during the day, and which during the night?

What a cruel question! Gawain pondered his predicament. During the day a
beautiful woman to show off to his friends, but at night, in the privacy of

his home, and old witch? Or would he prefer having by day a hideous witch,
but by night a beautiful woman with whom to enjoy many intimate moments?
What would you do? What Gawain chose follows below, but don't read until
you've made your own choice.

Noble Gawain replied that he would let her choose for herself.
Upon hearing this, she announced that she would be beautiful all the time,
because he had respected her enough to let her be in charge of her own
life.

What is the moral of this story?
The moral is: if your woman doesn't get her own way, things are going to
get ugly!
Old 11-13-2001, 04:19 PM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Ding, Ding!

Tonight's Weigh In and I'm nervous!
I ate a lot today for a snack day, but didn't eat breakfast or lunch. Now I'm dragging. But, Kohl's is having a sale on Levi's so I'm gonna buy a pair of jeans after WI.
Must get back to work.
Hi to everyone!
Old 11-13-2001, 04:49 PM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Stacy - Good luck at WI!!!! Let us know tomorrow how you did!

Good night girls - I'm going to the gym. Yeah me!

Lisa
Old 11-13-2001, 04:59 PM   #10  
NASCAR Fan

Hi everyone!

What a fun day today! Last night, my mom sent me an email for me to call her... I was expecting bad news. Turns out that a friend of my parents was in town unexpectedly and he was visting until tonight. (He and his wife are from Parrsboro NS) He was helping a friend move to Acton so he gave my parents a call. They ended up staying up to 1am drinking and playing cards... typical of them! :lol Needless to stay dad was tried this morning! :lol Anyway... mom had to go to work so me and Paul ended up going out for lunch which was real fun. It's looking like he will be looking after the wine for the wedding (yay!) and he has done a lot of freelance catering so he said he has lots of advice and ideas to share. He and his wife and my parents have known each other longer than I have been around and he is like my second dad when he is visiting His kids are even the same age as me and my sis (2 sons). I even had a crush on the older one... funny enough named Todd. He is always bringing old pictures when he visits... the latest one was when we were down in NS one summer... me and Todd on the beach but it was hard to tell which one was the girl as I was not wearing a top. :lol

Anyway... I even managed to get my Todd out for a walk this morning... very unusal but I dragged him out anyway. Only 2K this morning as he didn't want to go far and I wanted to get my folks to have a nice visit with Paul. Hey, I even treated him to lunch!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 11-14-2001, 12:17 AM   #11  
Proud Canadian

I know nobody's reading this late but I'm still alive and going back to work next week - I'm doing really well and keeping on my christmas goal path. Hope to be back with all of you soon.
KT
Closed Thread