Old 04-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default ok, i need a good reliable scale, any

suggestions? mine gave out, it's weighing me at 54 lbs! ok, ladies, i'm sure someone wants to give me the throw out the scale speech....done now? got it off your chest? LOL! Now, on to the important stuff.....what kind of new scale do i get????? anyone had any luck? in the meantime i'll be using my next size down jeans as a measure.
but i need my scale, i may not fit into my next size down jeans for a long time and i need to be able to measure my progress tangibly.....
thanx for any suggestions. not having it already makes me want to binge.
hugs
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

I just bought a "Taylor" lithium battery scale about a month ago. I really like it because it shows the .02, .04, .06 (well you get the idea). That way I can see if my weight varies even by the 1/2 lb. At least when I get on the scale it lets me know if I'm gaining/losing any weight at all.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents. Good luck!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I have a Thinner scale. It just does weight, in half pound increments. It's digital and never needs a battery. I think it is 6 years old now and I've never had a problem with it. It only costs about $30 (Bed Bath and Beyond carries them). I wouldn't go for the gimmicky ones that tell you body fat and all that. I don't trust them.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I have a Tanita scale which measures body fat% and water% (which I barely look at) and weight in .02 of a pound increments. I love it. Of course it doesn't always love ME. But yes, I find it to be extremely accurate. You can program it and it has memory for up to 4 different people.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

I had the same problem with my scale this morning. I got on a couple of times, and each time I got on it my weight increased by five pounds. I just bought a Tanita. It was $30 at Bed Bath and Beyond, and it measures body fat% and measures in .2 increments. So far I like it. It gave me a lot more accurate reading than my last one, even after I stepped on it a few times.
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote