Old 04-05-2007, 03:37 AM   #1  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Not Doing Well

I feel so demoralized. I haven't been eating well AT ALL this past week.

I don't think I'm going to make my Easter goal.

I know I've come so far, but I was really dead set on making it to my ultimate goal weight on Easter. And now I don't think it's going to happen. I may have even gained a pound or two. I feel scared, and I feel out of control. I don't know what to do.

I was doing so well.

How did I let this happen?

nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Hello my friend, please cheer up my sister, come and stand in the Son Shine of the Lord, Chin up now. Smile... God Loves You! Don't be so hard on yourself if you don't make your goal by that exact date. You will make it and you can lose it. Put your hope and trust in God and he will help you.
You can do all things through Christ. Love Gwyn
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

You have lost about 50 pounds-this is something wonderful, and you should be CELEBRATING!!!!

Honestly...it really doesn't matter if you are 148, or 147 on Sunday. It really doesn't. Think about the long haul...you might hit that 147 mark in another week or two...and you are still going to be "at goal" before summer.

Don't focus so much on the date of meeting the goal...just that you do what it takes to meet it.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:35 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You have done an amazing job!!!! You should be so proud of yourself. Whether or not you get to your goal by Easter is really not that important. If it takes you a bit longer, so be it.

As far as the being out of control part of your thread, well it's just time to nip that in the bud. You've lost lots of weight to date, so perhaps you just need to go back to square one and the old and try to recapture some of your newfound habits, the stuff that brought you to your huge weightloss in the first place. Whatever they may be. You've come so far, you really don't want to wipe that all out. You definitely can get this under control again. We ALL struggle from time to time, it's just part of the journey(unfortunately). No need to beat yourself up over it. Your goal is right within your grasp. You CAN do this!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

You've done great so far! Are you really going to give up because you are only a few pounds away from your goal on some artificial date? Y Maybe it just takes a couple of extra weeks to get there, and then you have the rest of your life to be at a healthy weight!

This is why I think setting deadlines for weight loss can be a problem. You have been a HUGE success but all you see is failure! I'd urge you to see your success instead!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

It's not like the world will come to a screeching halt at Easter, just keep going! Congratulations on your great work so far!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

You are doing GREAT! Think on the 52 lbs you have lost! That is wonderful!

I tend to be very hard on myself, so I can understand why you feel the way you do. But that doesn't mean that we should be hard on ourselves! You are doing fabulous and you'll be to your goal in no time. Don't let a date trip you up. We all have bad days (bad weeks.) Not failing means not giving up; keep on going girl! You can do it!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #8  
Maintainer

I keep writing long replies and my computer keeps giving me problems!! So I'm going to keep this short for now.

Thank you all so much for your support and talking some sense into me. I'm going to reread all of your posts until they really sink in.

I'm up 2 lbs. today.

Very sobering.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've been in kind of a funk myself. Yeah, I lost 30+ pounds (it was 37 pounds and I gained 6 back over the holidays--remember how long ago that was?). All of January I couldn't lose an ounce despite daily exercise and thinking that I was trying. In retrospect, I don't think I was trying hard enough.

In February, I took a new tactic. I love to cook and my meals were suddenly the same thing over and over and over (chicken, steak or fish, brown rice and steamed vegetable). I spent a weekend collecting yummy recipes from Cooking Light website and went shopping. I started making these scrumptious meals that my family loved that were low fat/low calorie. I started to see the scale move. Okay, it moved down and then up again, but it moved.

March was difficult. Birthday month. Lots of things going on. I was in a total funk because again I wasn't losing. I didn't gain any more weight, but I was considering "giving up" on the losing side and trying to maintain my 30+ loss for a few months. Basically I thought I'd give myself a break and then lose again later. Then I thought about it. Isn't that kind of what I've been doing for 3 months? I didn't really lose anything for 3 months. I yo-yo'd between 140 and 143 for 3 months! Yes, I was discouraged, but I decided to put my foot down and really, really try.

This morning, I weighed 139! Okay, not even close to my Easter goal, but I am so happy I didn't just give up. I am energized and determined. I've been POP for over 3 days and I'm not going to give up. I will see my goal if I continue. I just have that mindset.

Okay, so you won't make your Easter goal. Think about this. Easter is just another day. Are you going to give up 50 pounds of loss just because you didn't lose that last one or two? No! Pick yourself op, dust yourself off and set a new goal. How about Mother's day? Wouldn't you be happier to finally meet your goal rather than let it all slide back on? Besides, goals are there to get you moving toward it. Someone said something the other day that was really profound. If I find it, Ill come back here and post it.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #10  

I found it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
So, if you miss your Easter goal, so what? It's not like you're going to get a B in weight loss when you really really wanted and deserve an A. Avoid the cycle of setting up a goal and then being disappointed. The goal is just to get you going in the right direction, not to punish you!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #11  
Maintainer

Very true, alinnell.

There is NO WAY I am giving up. Oh you have got to be kidding me.

I think because I got so close to my goal, I thought, "Oh, I can relax a little." But I can't allow myself to do that!! I can't become complacent.

This is a huge wake-up call and reminder to me. This is not a "diet," this is not something that ends one day. This is for LIFE.

Please keep the support coming, I could really use it. I am definitely going to nip this in the bud...I've worked so hard and I am so close. There is no way I am going to let this get me down. It's funny (and kind of sad) how just a small re-gain can shatter your confidence. But I can't let it!!

I'll be checking back in today to keep myself on track.

Last edited by nineteen; 04-05-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Alinnell~ That's a great quote! Something for all of us to keep in mind.

Nineteen~ You can lose those 2lbs in no time and be right back on track! You can do it!!!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #13  
Maintainer

Thank you Zenor!!

All of you are amazing...keep on inspiring me okay?!

Not just in this thread but by staying on track. Cause it's definitely worth it!! Belieeeeeve me.

Thanks again, I don't know what I'd do without all of you.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteen View Post
Very true, alinnell.

There is NO WAY I am giving up. Oh you have got to be kidding me.

I think because I got so close to my goal, I thought, "Oh, I can relax a little." But I can't allow myself to do that!! I can't become complacent.

This is a huge wake-up call and reminder to me. This is not a "diet," this is not something that ends one day. This is for LIFE.

Please keep the support coming, I could really use it. I am definitely going to nip this in the bud...I've worked so hard and I am so close. There is no way I am going to let this get me down. It's funny (and kind of sad) how just a small re-gain can shatter your confidence. But I can't let it!!

I'll be checking back in today to keep myself on track.
So true, so true. It is for life. You should check out the maintainers forum to get advice (I hang out there and I'm not even at goal yet!!).
Old 04-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #15  
Maintainer

Good news!

I got on the scale today..I was just *under* 148!!

Yesterday was a very good day, with my intake...today is going to be good, too, I can feel it!

Last edited by nineteen; 04-06-2007 at 10:54 PM.