South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #1  
Tired of being fat

S/C/G: 278

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up Not sure if this is right. Newbie here!(m)

I looked briefly and didn't see an introduction thread, so figured I'd make my own I'm Trish, and trying at my 3rd SBD attempt THIS time I'm doing it.

I have 4 kids, 3 boys and 1 baby girl. I'm trying to do this diet, without looking at it as a diet. I struggle with getting back into my eating disorder ways, so I figure this is the best way to avoid that. Having an eating plan is what is going to help me. I'd love to meet new friends, get tips and recipes and support and encouragement. My biggest struggle is the NO SUGAR part, and I'm in my first full day of it

I find it difficult to stay motivated, I'm easily drawn away from things, but I'm hoping by signing up with you all, I will find the support I'll need to keep on with my weght loss goals. I'm tired of being a fat girl! My kids deserve better and I want to lead a good example for them, especially my daughter, with healthy eating and healthy habits, not to mention, a healthy weight.

I'm currently a member of CURVES (am I allowed to say that?!) and when I get off my lazy butt and get there I feel great about it. I'm also working on going every day, but right now, I'm working on getting there at least 3 days a week..

Well I look forward to getting to know you all

Last edited by T r i s h; 04-04-2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: had to add some color to my font! :)
Old 04-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #2  

Trish! oh doll We are all in this boat together! Check out the stickies to help you plan your groceries and meals, and what to expect on phase 1... in addition to here, there are other subforums for Curve Gals, eating binges, depression --you name it, we got chicks that are going thru the same ...
Old 04-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #3  
Tired of being fat

Wink

Thanks! I'll have to look into those forums as well
Old 04-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Trish!, and fellow CURVES member! As our dear Schatzi said, we're all in this together to help and encourage each other. Don't hesitate to join us in the Daily Chat.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #5  

Hi Trish. Welcome. I used to go to Curves but didn't resign up when my subscription ran out. I did like it when I went though. Good luck this time around. You can do it. There are so many great recipes here to help you thru it. How old are your kids? The toughest part I have is sometimes having to cook something different for my hubby and 15 mo. old daughter. Cooking 2 dinners isn't fun, but whatever it takes to get us all healthy.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #6  
Tired of being fat

Talking Hi Ciarasmommy!

I know what you mean about cooking different meals, it's difficult.
My kids are Austin -11 1/2, Ryan- 8, Josh-6 1/2 and Briana Corrinne 4, the loves of my lives
Old 04-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #7  
Tired of being fat

Hi Cottagebythesea! I love the name How long have you been doing CURVES? I"ve been a member since June of last year, however I stopped going as much or sometimes at all, around the end of August. I'm desperate to stay on track this time. Trying not to push myself, since this week is my first back since February, I'm just doing the circuit once, then next week I'll do it twice, and so on, just don't want to burn up my motivation!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Trish, I've been a member of Curves for 2 years, and it has made a big diffference in my life. I really really really really hate to exercise but our franchise has all the lastest equipment and keeps it tuned up, plus we have a great group of people there to keep us motivated. I try to go 5 days a week, but this past winter I've only been going 2-3 days a week. I plan to step it up again once the weather warms up.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #9  

Trish and Ciara-

Just a thought, but I think it is actually really easy to feed a family with this way of eating. I typically serve my kids (5 and 22 months) whatever I am having for dinner, I just add a starch as a side for them. I love the Lipton noodle and rice sides for them, because they are easy, but yummy. I skip the starch and eat the protein and veggie. My 22 month is too young to eat a salad, but my 5 year old is so used to them that she loves them.

I work fulltime, so refuse to be a short order cook around my house. My DH works quite a bit, so isn't always home for dinner. He eats whatever I cook, so that helps. (He is actually a chef, but not a picky eater!)
Old 04-05-2007, 09:55 PM   #10  
Tired of being fat

I end up cooking 2 meals usually because the kids eat before hubby and I. He doesn't get home until later,and the kids are 'starving' by 5, on the nights he's home by dinner time, we eat a family meal, which I love
Old 04-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #11  

Kiko~ Unfortuatley both my hubby and child are very, very picky eaters. I can barely get her to eat anything. I have a tough time with feeding her as it is.
Closed Thread