Old 03-31-2007, 01:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/210/165

Height: 5'11

Default People are Mean

At this very moment I am sitting at my desk at work and trying my hardest to ignore the sweet call of doughnuts. Someone left half a box of Krispy Kremes in the office just next to mine. It's just me, and them; no one else is here. I want one!
moniray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 347/332/150

Height: 5ft 7in

no ya don't, they are gross. seriously, i work in a bakery (actually i have to leave in like 2 minutes to go to work and fry the darn things) and let me tell you, they are the greasyest nastiest things. i used to love doughnuts, but after standing over a fryer for an hour or so, i don't care to eat another doughtnut for the rest of my life! lol.
Lee Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5

lol, Leeann, I too used to work in a bakery and sadly after three years of working there I still can't keep my claws off of them ACKKK

Moniray~you can do it girl.... you can do it!!!! Yesturday we had a party at my workplace and of course, the "buffet" table was right behind my desk.... I'm not going to say what happened , be strong, do it for me! (cause I couldn't )
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:14 AM   #4  
One Day at a Time

Height: 5' 4"

Step away from the doughnuts!!!!! You KNOW that it will only be a temporary pleasure! Pretend that you are a secret agent, and that you are hard at work solving a terrible crime. Your nemesis has snuck into your headquarters and left poisoned doughnuts to try to do you in!!!!!!!

DO NOT GIVE IN TO THE NASTY DOUGHNUTS!!! They don't really love you, they are only using you!

I hope I at least made you laugh a little. Just do whatever it takes to stay away from those things!!!!!!!! They are like the world's most unhealthy food.
houseelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #5  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

Can you throw them in the trash?
If that's not an option...just think about how you won't actually feel better after eating them, you'll feel worse and if you haven't had one in a while it may actually upset your stomach.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:21 PM   #6  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Yeah, the trash is a good place for them when do one is looking.
I threw some candy out the window last night that my boyfriend got me and I really didn't need.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/259/180

haha that reminds me of the other day. i went to krystals and got a bunch of burgers and some fries, and im driving down the road, munching away on these fries, then i just threw them out the window. the burgers too. i know littering is not nice... but it was for the greater good.
watchhershrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/210/165

Thumbs up

Well, the night passed and I didn't eat a single bite! I did have to stop and stare at them for a couple of minutes though. I made myself remember how sick I had gotten just the day before when I had eaten some fried cod. Ew, no more fried stuff for me. They are still here tonight and I wasn't tempted in the least. Mostly because stale doughnuts are really yucky, even stale Krispy Kremes...

By the way, my first real weigh in tomorrow! Eep. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I really hope my efforts have paid off even just a little bit 'cause I have a tendency to get frustrated and quit. ::crosses fingers::

Have a great day!
moniray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:19 AM   #9  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

Yay! Congrats on your will power! It weird how things you used to love can make you feel sick once you start eating healthier.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #10  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I have been there. I sometimes think my coworkers secretly want me to keep the weight on. They all know I'm trying to lose weight but they still take it upon themselves to offer me junk food several times a week. I've tried to tell them that they'd be doing me a bigger favor to not offer me food, but it still happens. Luckily it seems to have the effect of making my willpower even greater, if I can turn down cheesecake on a stressful work day, I can avoid less fattening foods during calmer times!
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #11  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

YAY!! Congrats!

I have a hard time with the cookies at work sometimes. They are sooo good. And, ****, I might as well take two or three if they're free...
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #12  
One Day at a Time

Height: 5' 4"

Way to go! And the next time you are facing temptation, remember that if you resisted once, you can resist again. And again. And again!
houseelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #13  
Moving and Losing

S/C/G: 330/285/180ish

Height: 6'0

Wow! Thats so awesome! Don't you feel great after saying no to those stale doughnuts I think these are the kinds of things that only get easier the more we do them. Kudos to you and your willpower!
MissLeeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #14  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

Speaking of doughnuts. My mom got two dozen of them today, and I want one, but I don't. I am not going to do it. so, yeah. You can do it! Think about that awesome healthy body you'll have in the long run!
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 208/142/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Talking Good for you!

You are absolutely right! People are mean. I read a book that warned to stay away from the enemy....
the person that tells you, oh you look just fine, one will not hurt you or
fine, don't have one & be upset with you.
Then there are those that plop that tempting food on your desk.

Here are some of my stay away from temptation tricks at work:
I take a gallon of water to work every day and a tub of my favorite crystal light or generic substitute. My favorite: Wal Mart brand Apple Juice, o calories, 0 carbs.
I always have sugar-free gum on hand.
I have found sugar-free, no calorie jolly ranchers.
I do not take cash so that I cannot buy anything from the vending machines

Other tips:
Try to eat with other health conscious people
The less number of people you eat with, the less you tend to eat, even if it means eating alone at times
The less you sit at the table, the less you eat
Go for a walk after your meal to walk off some of the calories and think of how great you will look and feel after you reach your goal

Good luck to you! Congratulations on being able to resist.
cheesecakelover is offline   Reply With Quote