Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Default Going to Egypt!

Hello all,
Well I'm back to WW for the 15+ time ready to stick with it! I'm a little scared this time because I've been following this *new* points program and the first week I didn't lose a thing!!!!! I weigh in on Tuesday and hopefully I'll have lost

anyways, I am going to Egypt for 10 days on April 9th. I'm really scared because I'm afraid I won't be able to follow the program over there, but I really really want to lose!!! Any tips? Thanks!
Oriana
Old 03-30-2007, 08:48 PM   #2  
I <3 Gaby

S/C/G: 107.6kg/89.8kg/58kg

Height: 5'0

wow Egypt! You lucky thing!

Hmm maybe read up on what the common foods are over there, and see if you can figure out points allowances?

or maybe find out if they have WW meetings in Egypt???? It's a long shot, but they could do!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:16 AM   #3  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Is it a pleasure trip? If you've got a Nile cruise in there, you're totally set for WW while on the boat - they'll have tons of fruits and veggies around even if the main courses look unfriendly for calorie-counting.

For food, think middle-eastern. Odd thing is, I can't really remember what food we ate when I went to Egypt. I think for local food there was pitas, bean things like falafel or hummus, yogurt, and for local veggies it seems gigantic cabbages are grown everywhere. I even bought a clay figurine of a woman selling cabbage.

And if you wanted, you could still eat entirely western without a hitch. I'm remembering a single-serving cereal box I brought back (I keep strange souvenirs). It's corn flakes. Though the box says to eat them with milk or yogurt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cabbage_lady.jpg (43.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the tips. I opted out of the cruise so I could see more than the nile for 5 days! It sounds like the Middle East may eat pretty healthy so I will stay focused and hopefully lose while I'm gone!
Old 04-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Middle eastern food is actually quite healthy as they usually use fresh ingredients. There are wonderful foods like hummous, tabouleh, fattoush (salad), couscous and rice dishes with vegetables.

My advice is to get exercise by walking on tours when it's suitable, eating light meals with lots of vegetables, avoid fried deep fried items, watch your portions and stay hydrated with bottled water.

Good luck and have a wonderful trip!
Closed Thread