Old 03-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #1  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Default ***Weekly Chat: March 26-April 1***

Howdy Do Losing Ladies and welcome to this week's chat thread!

I've never actually started one of these things, so here goes nothing...

Last week was up and down as far as eating and working out. I got plenty of exercise between the hotel gym and walking around Nashville. Food was a little trickier. I had a couple of bad meals, but for the most part stuck to egg white omelettes, fresh fruit and big salads (I love the Hilton). I ended up getting my first choice internship out there with the Grammys, so it was really hard not to go completely overboard in celebration (luckily, Jack Daniels taught me a lesson on that, silly man).

Yesterday was gorgeous- a great day to be in Colorado. We went for an hour long hike- 40 minutes up and 20 minutes down and my butt hurts already. Today I won't be able to work out, but I have a super clean meal plan in place.

So what's shakin' with you ladies today?
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #2  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Hi Everyone,

Well I admit my weekend was higher calorie than it should have been thanks to friends insisting on eating out at italian restaurants with wood oven pizza. Clearly I had trouble restraining myself but I did not binge which is good for me and I tried to keep the damage to a minimum (ie avoiding the bread, no wine, etc). So now I've been hit with another week without a budge on the scale. At least it didnt go up this week but still a bit frustrated! This week its all about making sure I see a decrease in weight next monday! I am going home for Easter weekend which will be a big big challenge for me so I need to make sure I keep on track and the results will motivate me to stay on plan throughout that weekend. My family centers every gathering around food and without my gym around the corner, those weekends are so hard!

Thanks for starting the thread Junebug. Sounds like you are really enjoying the outdoors. This is a great time of year!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #3  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Hello!

Congrats on the internship junebug! I love Nashville! Matter of fact, Nashville and Denver are the two places that I am trying to decide between for my November relocation.

Bikini Dreader- friends mess all kinds of diets up, don't they? I feel like sometimes i have to choose between a diet and a social life. I hate that.

Well, this week promised to be a mess. I forgot that my mom is coming in town on thursday, so that means that I have to spend the week frantically cleaning in between working out and finishing all the projects that I am woefully behind on. Yipes! I am determined to stay on plan 100% this week- till mom gets here and we go out to dinner. Ouch. Hope everyone has a good start to the week!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #4  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Good morning ladies! I had a glorious weekend and even got a fish for my desk at work! Work is going so so...wore a new dress to work today and did not realize how high the slit was in the back. So I am constantly pulling it down and refusing to leave my desk unless it is for coffee or the bathroom.

Rushed out of the house today and grabbed only a sf pudding, lf string cheese and tomato soup for lunch. I may go out and get something but I could probably stand to be a little under on my calories to make up for this weekend.

Jen - Morning sunshine thanks for getting us started. Congratulations on your internship lady! I am so proud of you but don't for a second think its luck you deserve every minute of it! It was gorgeous yesterday wasn't it? I was in the Springs celebrating my brother in laws birthday but managed to get some sunshine time in.

Bikini dreader - no bingeing yay for you! You know we often forget that not going up is sometimes to best victory we can hope for. Particularly when eating out is involved...What about becoming THAT FAMILY MEMBER, you know the one that brings a healthy yummy delicious low calorie meal to the get together?

futurepixie - I am so with you on the frantic cleaning. The female side of my in laws are coming to stay with me on Thursday and my house is a wreck so you and I will be cleaning fools together lol.

Ok well I need to get back on task here at work. Check back in later!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #5  

Good afternoon ladies. It is sooo freaking beautiful here in Chicago, and yet I am sitting in a cube all day (and I am never able to take a lunch break because I am always too busy or running from one meeting to the next). It wasn't until this past Saturday that I was getting dressed to go out and tried on summer stuff from last year that I realized I was in trouble. My work stuff fits, but I had to switch out of my "cute going out jeans" cuz they were way too tight. Summer is here so I guess it's time to buckle down.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:38 PM   #6  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Hey Ladies - my weekend exercise wise was great! Being that I hadn't worked out in about a month due to so much traveling for work. I ran 3.5 miles on saturday and 3 miles on sunday. It was great! I am energized and am back on track!! Today I plan to go to a weight lifting class and then put in 3 miles running! Hope you all have a great week and keep up the good work!!!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #7  
Chuggin' along...

Hey ladies - sorry I don't have time to write but I just wanted to say hi and I hope everyone's having a good week!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:25 PM   #8  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Popping in to say hello, and give a little chatter.

I sit at what is essentially a long desk at work, and the fellows on either side of me both have open chocolate bars. The smell is wafting towards me... It's my TOM right now, unfortunately, which means my cravings are in overdrive. Though...I don't feel as tempted this month as I did last month. That's a good sign.

Hope everyone's having a lovely day!
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #9  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

You know how a few weeks ago my wallet was stolen? Well a nice old man called me to tell me that he found it and was mailing it to me! Yay, what a happy day!

I did a sneak attack look at the scale yesterday and I am already down a pound for the week- I hope that I am able to keep it up and pull out a two pound loss for the week- that would put me at my first goal- 10% of starting weight lost! *crosses fingers*

Back to cleaning tonight!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:49 PM   #10  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Hello!

futurepixie, that's awesome about your wallet! It's nice when someone does something great like that that gives you hope about the human race, isn't it?

maalisse, you CAN resist that chocolate!!!!!!

spunkster, how long did it take you to run that far? Did you do any specific program?

CookieMonster, good luck getting back into your cute jeans! UGH, I remember the day that mine stopped fitting. Ooh, but they fit again now!!

stephie, that's so cool about the fish for your desk!! What kind of fish did you get? How is it going to get fed on the weekends? I wish I could have one, but the cat here would eat it.

Bikini Dreader, maybe you can get your whole family out for a nice walk after the big Easter dinner? I remember my aunt always trying to do that with our family. I resisted hardcore! But now I think I'd really enjoy it!

Jen, CONGRATULATIONS on your internship! That's fantastic! Um... what's the internship for (forgive me please if I'm just being clueless)?

Me... um... I didn't lose weight this week. But I realized in the middle of last week that I'm at 10% of my body weight lost! Which is kind of cool! Another 12% or so to go and I'll be good!

The boyfriend and I went for a great walk yesterday to return a movie. One of my favorite things to do with him is walk; I forgot how much I love it. When we didn't live together and he lived downtown, we walked everywhere. Now, for some reason, even though everything's still a close distance (university area), we don't anymore. I felt so energetic and we had a lot of fun just chatting. We stopped in at The Running Room and I decided that I'm going to buy myself a new pair of runners when I complete the C25K program (I'm starting next week). So that's a nice incentive, I *love* running shoes (which is weird for someone who's never been very athletic)!
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #11  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Morning girly girlies! Back at work. Stayed up into the wee hours last night cleaning up my house since I have inlaws coming today. Now it is immaculate (sp?) and I am hoping to keep it that way. Got my coffee with sf creamer and skim milk...just thinking about how bad it is going to be for lunch. A girl from my office is taking another job and we are going out to lunch to celebrate. I will just have to take a gander at the menu and try to plan ahead.

Like I mentioned above in laws are in tonight so will also have to run damage control for my eating this evening. Why can't it just be easy?

Cookie - It is nice out here too. Get outside for a bit even if it is just for a little walk on break. It helps break up the day and that sunshine infusion does wonders for your attitude.

spunkster - I need to get back on track with my running. Great job!

megan - Hey girly! Write when you can.

maalisse - Those fellows should be warned what can happen with an open choc bar on their desk around ttom lol. Hoping you resisted the temptation.

futurepixie - What great karma to get your wallet back. Did you give him a reward? Keep that lb off! Great job.

Shelby - I got a beta his name is Humberto. They are really low maintenance. I just kind of overfeed him on Fridays...I get what you mean about loving running shoes. I love the idea of being a runner as well!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #12  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Thanks for all the support. It took me a couple of months to get up to running 3 miles completely. I really stuck to it even when I thought i couldnt. I first started out running until i was tired and then walked until i recovered and then ran again. I did that for a while until i got up to running one full mile. Then i would do the same until i could run 2 miles and so forth and now i am up to 3 miles. i am going to try my first 4 mile run on saturday so wish me luck. I really started reading a lot about running on runners world and googled preparing for a 5k. If you have any other questions, just let me know!! Good luck to you all and keep up the hard work!!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:42 PM   #13  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, everyone! I resisted! I resisted! WOOO~ They're lucky I didn't take punch them out, take the chocolate and run away cackling.

futurepixie, that's awesome about your wallet. Renews my faith in the human race!
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:30 PM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Futurepixie- Yay on getting your wallet back! Bet you weren't expecting that! I was actually really surprised at how much alike I found Nashville and Denver. The layout is similar and they are both very live-able cities. They are also kind of "transient". In Denver, everyone is from somewhere else and in Nashville, they are very welcoming regardless of where you're from. However, I am and always will be a Colorado girl, so my heart is here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to hit me up!

Bikinidreader- just stick with it, dearie! If you can stick with it when you aren't losing, it's that much easier when you do start losing again!

Steph- thanks for the words of encouragement. We are our own worst enemies sometimes. They flat out said, "you're hired" and then proceeded to introduce me to the big guns and a week later I'm starting to think to myself, "Now did they really hire me?" Oy. I've wanted a beta FOREVER, but my cat is fat enough as it is. You would be surprised at how long those suckers can tough it out, too. Good luck with the in-law visit. Do they shove food down you're throat like Ross' parents do to me?

Megan- Hi

Shelby- The internship is basically a summer job for credit in my area of study. In this case, it's with the Grammys (the guys that hand out those ridiculously political awards every year). I will get to do advocacy for artists, managers, producers, engineers- music people. Probably a lot of paperwok, but I also get to work with the MusicCares foundation which is a huge music charity. When the charity went down to the Gulf coast after Katrina to re-establish music programs and replace instruments, it was the Nashville folks that did it. I never thought I had a dream job, but this would be it! Running shoes are the best, btw. You never know how much you truly need a good pair of running shoes until you actually have some. Report back on what ya get!

Just another day at the races. It's rare for me to say that I won't be able to work out this week, but I am that busy. I find though, that when I know I'm not going to work out and don't lie to myself by saying I will, I actually eat better. Go know.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:55 AM   #15  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note before I get to work. I'm working really hard to stay on plan this week because I'm going home to see my family next weekend. I posted my worries on another thread already and really appreciated the support I got, especially from this group. Thanks to everyone! I'm only 2 months from my move date and my trip! I'm trying to stop procrastinating and get things crossed off my list every day. Today I will be getting my backpack and I'm thrilled.
I also wanted to ask you girls, I have yet to get an IPOD. I may be the last person on earth still using a discman. I got a cheap mp3 player once that froze after a couple weeks which made me decide IPOD is the only one I'm trusting at this point. I'm trying to decide between the 8GB Nano and the 30GB video. They are the same price. I love the idea of having extra memory for my trip but does anyone know if you can plug your IPOD into other people's computer's Itunes bank and get songs from them while still keeping your own songs on your IPOD? I want to make sure I can get tons of songs for my trip. Also, has anyone had skipping issues with the Video IPOD while working out? maybe everyone just has a nano. I figured I might as well ask you active ladies!

It's almost the weekend!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote