General chatter - Hockey Playoffs are Just Around the Corner!!!

techwife
03-23-2007, 08:30 PM
How are your teams doing?

berta gal
03-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Do you mean NHL or just the kids?
NHL, well I am in Northern Alberta so I am not sure we even have an NHL team anymore
My little guy plays in his end of the year tournment tomorrow it should be a fun 8 hours at the arena. Dang those homemade fries!!
T

squeaker
03-23-2007, 08:46 PM
GO SABRES!

:) They have already clinched a playoff spot.

EZMONEY
03-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks for asking TECH!

My RAIDERS are soooo over until next season

My LAKERS are swiftly losing a play-off spot

My DODGERS are almost ready to start

My UCLA BRUINS and USC TROJANS are still in March Madness

Guess that is it for SPORTS teams ;)

EZMONEY
03-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Quack-Quack....go DUCKS ;)

BlackCherry
03-24-2007, 06:11 AM
Flames are 8th in the Western Conference at the moment! Keeping our fingers crossed that they don't get booted down to 9th

JerseyGyrl
03-24-2007, 07:06 AM
GO PENS!!!:cp:

techwife
03-24-2007, 10:08 AM
:woohoo: WOOHOO!! GO SABRES!! :woohoo:

EZMONEY
03-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Ducks are in...so excited....:yawn: :yawn: ;) :yawn: :yawn:

berta gal
03-25-2007, 05:21 PM
My son's team won their tournement, he 7 and this is his first year playing. I'm so proud :)

NHL...

Go Av's

I just like their jerseys ;)

BG

srmb60
03-26-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm finding the NHL just so mixed up or something this year. I dunno what to think. I think I'm pretty excited about the Pens ...

techwife
03-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Berta: :woohoo: How cool for your son!!

Susan: I know whatcha mean...it seems a lot of the teams that were in the playoffs last year aren't contenders this year. The hurricanes, for instance...here they are Stanley Cup Holders and this year the won't even make the playoffs!! The Sabres, on the other hand, were the first team to clinch a playoff berth this year! :cheer: It is a good year to be a Sabres fan!!

Sometime soon I'll post a picture of my DD and I in our Briere and Vanek jerseys. :) I came home the other night from work (after the Leafs pounded the Sabres into the ice in Toronto) to find my DH wearing my Vanek jersey!! That's okay, though...I have my own Briere jersey, so we can all share.

techwife
04-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Just a few more games...I'm hoping the Sabres get to play the Leafs in the first series...THAT would be real hockey playoff atmosphere!!

:woohoo: GO SABRES!!! :woohoo:

Mel
04-02-2007, 09:27 PM
In Philadelphia, we are trying to forget about hockey. It's just so sad. :cry:

Mel

techwife
04-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Mel: Yes, but you have our Marty, so things will look up for you for next year. We Sabres fans are worried for next year as other teams are hitting hard on our star players, so we don't know how much of our team will be left next year. Briere...Drury...Vanek...if we lose them, WE'LL be singing the blues big time!! :(

srmb60
04-03-2007, 09:38 AM
I stopped wearing a Flyers hat to go walking ...
Does anyone else think Lou Lamoriello is an ... um ... odd folk? But I guess you can't win a Stanley Cup by goalie alone and that's pretty much what they've been doing all year.
I swear someone pays Toronto to play the drama out until the last minute. I have no faith in them anymore. They don't deserve a playoff berth if they get it by beating Montreal in a shoot out, yeesh.

sixpence1978
04-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Go Wings!!!

But why oh why oh why can't there be any games on TV anymore?! I get tired of keeping ESPN.com refreshed every few minutes during a game.

sweet_talker
04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Calgary fan here. Living with a bunch of canucks fans :( Thankfully we whipped them last weekend :D

techwife
04-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Susan...I think Lou is a jerk. There...I said it.

Carolina's OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS!!! :carrot: :woohoo: Other Sabres fans know why this is a good thing, in a vengeful sort of way :s:

srmb60
04-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Ooooo I was just checking the standings. I might enter a playoff pool. Wouldn't a Detroit/Buffalo final be gooood!

EZMONEY
04-06-2007, 01:05 AM
go ducks...quack quack

sweet_talker
04-06-2007, 03:37 PM
i really hope no one's an avalanche fan because we are currently mortal enemies!!!

srmb60
04-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Carey! and I thought you were such a nice girl!

sweet_talker
04-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Carey! and I thought you were such a nice girl!

:lol: We might not make the playoffs because of them. And potentially the clinching game is against them. Ughhh.

EZMONEY
04-07-2007, 10:39 PM
:bravo: :cp: :congrat: TECH on your SABARES and home field...er...ice for the play-offs. I am really getting into this hockey stuff with the DUCKS and all...oh by the way...what's a blue line?

techwife
04-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Gary: Welcome to the world of HOCKEY!! Those blue lines are the lines on the ice...you know...the blue ones? :lol3: Sorry, couldn't help myself. The blue line is very important because, say the goal your team is shooting at is on the left from the camera's eye view. The only player on your team allowed over that line, when going towards the goal, is the one with the puck. All the other team has to stay behind the blue line until the guy with the puck crosses the blue line. Once he's over, all the rest can follow. If a guy without the puck crosses the blue line before the guy with the puck, he's considered offsides. So, it's important that once the puck and all the team has the puck inside the blue line and has a shot set up, to keep the puck inside the blue line because once it crosses the blue line, everyone has to get out so the guy that has the puck can get in and it sort of messes up your drive. Make sense? On a defensive end, when the other team has the puck inside their blue line, it's important to slap the puck past the blue line to mess them up on thier offensive.

Hey, maybe in the final round of the playoffs, the sabres will have a duck hunt!! :woohoo: PUUULLLLL!!

EZMONEY
04-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks TECH ~ makes total sense now...almost like soccer and the offsides...no cherry picking...now...

what's a puck? :rofl:

BlackCherry
04-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Yay Flames are in the playoffs! Thanks for losing Colorado haha (though it would have been nice to go into playoffs because we won against edmonton, not cause colorado lost)

techwife
04-09-2007, 07:04 AM
I watched the Devils/Islanders game last night and was SO happy for the Islanders that they won, getting them into the playoffs. Course, they'll be playing the Sabres in the quarter finals, but at least they got into the playoffs and they were so happy. It was a great ending in a shootout!

What do you guys think about the shootouts? My DH thinks that if its all going to end in a shootout, why not just have a five-minute game all in a shootout and have it begin and end that way? He doesn't like them and the fact that the whole game boils down to one or two guys. I, on the other hand, think they're an exciting way to end a neck and neck game. Especially in that SC Playoff final game when the Stars beat the Sabres in something like quadruple overtime with a bad goal in the crease that never got reviewed because the Stars just grabbed the Stanley Cup and started their victory dance/skate. Yes, it will always be a bone of contention for me. I think the game went on till dawn all for it to end that way. I think the officials just wanted to go home and let them have it. SO mad, especially for those of us that grew up in Western NY where no professional team has ever won a championship game...been in them, but never won any of them. Super Bowls...Stanley Cup playoffs...last year against the whiney, binky-sucking babies (the Canes). That being said, its time for us all to grow in our beards (or for me and DD, we're growing in our leg hair! Gross! It was my daughter's idea) because it's PLAYOFF TIME!! and the Sabres will probably lose to the Islanders in the quarter finals after a perfectly stellar year. :(

I need coffee... :coffee: ...I'm rambling...

Newlifestyle
04-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Go Flames Go.....yeah.

EZMONEY
04-09-2007, 08:02 PM
I am all for the shootouts TECH! I say line 'em up on the blue line, give 'em each a gun with one bullet and end the season now...team with most survivors gets the ah...what is it again... Stanly's dixie cup?

chelbell95
04-09-2007, 08:28 PM
LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Something to get really excited about!!!! My first playoff game will be on Sunday night. I can hardly wait.......

GOAL!!!!! for me.......get my butt skinnier for next season. hehe Feel more comfy in those arena seats..hehe

GOAL!!!! for the PENS!!!! BRING HOME THAT CUP!!!!!

srmb60
04-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Very interesting ... I dunno ... I like Detroit. Buffalo certainly has something goin' on this year ...