Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-21-2007, 10:45 PM   #1  
For my HEALTH...

Last edited by POOKIE88; 06-16-2007 at 12:15 AM.
POOKIE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:44 AM   #2  
Hoping for WLS soon

LAnne, I just read your entire ordeal that you went through to get to this point. Certainly looks like it's been a long time coming.

I hope and pray all will go well for you!

Good luck!!
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:32 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

GOOD LUCK
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:06 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

we'll be thinking of you!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi LAnne,

I just had Rue n Y, bariatric surgery on 2/12. It's not so bad. Goodluck with your lapband.

Annie
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #6  

Good Luck
jaydesmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #7  
banned

Hi guys, and thanks so much! I just got home about a little before 8:00PM Eastern time tonight from the hospital. I'd been home earlier, but they wanted to make sure I was going to the bathroom properly and was able to walk OK.

Actually, I did a lot better with this than I did when my appendix was taken out 18 months ago in the ill-fated RNY attempt. I'm sore around the incisions where the banding was put in, but other than that, I feel great. Of course, I can't bend from the waist or carry anything heavy for awhile, but that's only temporary.

"Meals" for the next few weeks will consist of clear liquids; I need 64 oz of liquid daily..but here is the good news--I got taken off FOUR of my meds! Yippeeeeeeeeeeee! The rest I have to crush up or take out of the capsules, since my stomach is now about the size of an egg and won't hold too much.

Right now I am having a "late dinner" of chicken broth and a little bit of bottled water. LOL.

Hopefully in a few weeks I can start exercising, especially now that the weather is finally getting decent. But I am allowed short walks right now. And no sponge baths--I'm allowed to shower!

I go back to the surgeon for a check up in about a week; hopefully things will continue to go as well as they had been. I didn't even have the sore throat from the tube down my throat during surgery like I did last time, or feel any post-effects of the anesthetic.
LAnneCarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #8  
banned

I'm surprised I did so well as I did. LOL

So I got on the scale this morning just for the fun of it and already lost five pounds. I guess not having anything solid since Wednesday night kind of helped. Laughing Right now, I have to take 4 oz of fluid every 30 minutes throughout the day, but the fun part is the kids' chewable multivitamins I have to take every day...those and the caramel-flavored calcium chewables. YUM! LOL.

I am still a little sore on one side of the incisions, but doing great still. No nausea as they expected, so I must be doing something right! LOL.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:00 PM   #9  
banned

Four days past surgery day, and I continue to feel fantastic. The bandages fell off last night while I was getting ready for bed, and outside of some bruising around the incision sites, they look good. I'm not even sore today at all. And what a nice morning here; already 61 degrees. I'll likely be going for my walk later again.

Got some good news from the doctor's office this morning; I am going on FOOD beginning a week from this coming Thursday (when I see the doctor), since I am tolerating liquids so well. Granted it is only the mushy stuff, but it will only be for two weeks. I had some protein drink today and some cream of chicken soup and no problems so far (I had to strain the soup to get out the chicken chunks, though; hey, the cats liked them LOL).