South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Default Wonderful Wednesday Cackling

I know, I know...I should be in la-la land, but the furbabies got all riled up about something and I got a little spooked. Too high-strung to sleep now. I will definitely be needing my cawfee in the morning. (Oh how I wish Schatzers was around, hope things are still picking up for her!)

I want to thank everyone for my loverly welcome back. I've missed this place so much! to all!

Well, it promises to be a wet Wednesday for us as we're expecting thunderstorms for the day. It'll be nice to get some moisture, but not so nice at work. I was going out to do appraisals, but not if it stormy. It really stinks because we're up against a deadline! Oh well, hopefully Thursday will be clear and I'll be back on!

Since I'm up I may as well go leaf through one of the dozens of magazines that were in the mail. (Do they all have to come on the same day?!?!) Hope everyone has a beachin' morning and I'll check in later!

~Kim
Old 03-21-2007, 02:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I am still awake too! Although it's only 11pm here in BC, I should definitely be in bed because I work early tomorrow. I have to admit after our long walk today we laid in bed to warm up and have some time together, and we fell asleep. Hopefully we'll both sleep well tonight, the bf has to be at work at the time I need to wake up, poor guy.

Kim - how about I sent you some moisture? I tell yah, the rain out here is INSANE! When I first moved here I was pretty amazed how the rain could just keep coming down for days on end. Hope it's not TOO stormy for you!

-Aimee

Little update from me - it's now 1:30am and I'm waiting for the bf to get home from work. Work you say? At 1:30am? One of the higher up managers forgot to call the security people to let them know there was a nightcrew, and then forgot to turn on the night line. So Chubb security called at 1am to let the bf know there was some problem down at the store - cash room alarm which is ALWAYS on, but they are working in there, so it's freaking out. Just needed to be reset, and since there was no night line (phone line), the bf had to drive down there. And the concerned person that I am, I can't sleep not knowing whats going on with him. Only 5 hours until the alarm goes off for him to go back there, and he has to be there since he's the opening management. I'm gonna be a tired girl - not to mention I'm completely wired right now!

Last edited by SwimGirl; 03-21-2007 at 04:35 AM. Reason: update!
Old 03-21-2007, 06:46 AM   #3  

One Pot of Cawfee Comin Up!
The Schatzinator is back in da house
Good Morning Gals! I hope you all been behavin' I finally have my ears back ....and I'm still fat
Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drat! Just lost a long and witty post!

back, Schatzi. Kim is magic - she wished you better.

Aimee, I hope you and BF are still in dreamland - it's just after four out there.

Quickie for me as I have a way overbooked Wednesday: garbage day, a trip to the city, pick out backsplash tiles and wall colour, drop cuttings off at the greenhouse, pet therapy at the clinic 12:30 to 2, prepare a company dinner and then relax and enjoy myself with my friend Christine. She's the Bride of March 3 who is alone for the next few weeks and finding it lonely. They are moving to NC (Charlotte) at the end of April when their house closes here and her DH is down there now working. I see a NC trip in my future so watch out, Schatzi and other Southerners!

Gotta dash - Lucy is giving me that "Pay attention to me or else" bark. I wonder where my glasses are.

What's happening today in your life?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/190/135

Height: 5'2

Good morning chicks!

Hope everyone had a restful night of sleep, I did! But I sure wasn't ready to get out of bed this morning. Funny how it is spring and it is 42 out this morning but by noon it will in the 80's Gotta love Florida. I am finally at work, DH has jury duty he has all week, so he is loving the fact he is out of work.
I need to post a most delish recipe for folks to try. I am going to shoot over there and post it, if someone could look over it I would really appreciate it as I am sure it is a PH1 dish.

Well everyone enjoy your morning coffee and have a great day!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:00 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies it is so sunny here and flipping cold. Whats up with that and it being spring. Got my two fighting wee ones today, they love to arugue and tattle tale you think they were married.

Kim Welcome back, hope you finally got some sleep.

Swim- I hope you guys got some sleep as well, you may needs lots of coffee today to keep you awake.

Schatzi Glad to see you back with us. We have missed your humour. guess what I am still pleasantly plump as well.

Ruth- I was watching the dog show last night on tv and seen a dog like yours. They are so cute. DH and I have been into watching that on tv lately. Hope you have a great day.

Cmartin Morning- thanks for sharing about the warm weather. Please think of me while I am freezing my butt off. I can't wait til spring.

Me I am going to start working on my list of stuff I want to get done before the weather gets nice enough to start the outdoor work. I swear this is the year I get organized.

LC
Old 03-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schatzi's back!

LC, didn't I hear you say that last year? I know exactly what you mean, though. I see things around here that were on my list to be done by now, too.

Cmartin, I'm curious about your recipe, I'll have to pop over to the recipe boards and check it out. I'm always game to try something new!

Ruth, another busy day on tap for you! Have a nice dinner this evening with your friend.

SwimGirl, I hope your day goes well, and I'm sending you a little sunshine.

KimStar, I hope you were finally able to get some sleep last night! I'm glad you're back with us again, too.

Sorry I wasn't in here much yesterday. I was in a funny sort of mood, but I'm over it now. I did make a nice long chatty post last night, but I somehow lost it. I tried! We had a great day skiing, and we're going to try to go again tomorrow, depending on whether or not we have enough snow. The girls are doing fantastic. I just hope they don't lose all their skills before the next ski season.
I have the morning off, so I'm trying to get a few things done around here. I made Jake's supper already, he wanted chili-mac, so I'll have to make something else for me. I have the last load of laundry in the dryer, and now all I have to do is a little dusting and vacuuming. Oh, and I made it to Curves this morning!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/190/135

Height: 5'2

it seems that some of my post have gotten lost - I guess I posted here twice & I posted my recipe in the recipe section under PH1.
??????????????
I am new to this forum thing! who knows
Old 03-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #9  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome back Schatzi!!!!! I hope all is well with you.

I'm back *sigh* Again. I'm at the highest I've ever been (non-baby related, anyway). I tried a few weeks ago, but I didn't plan well enough and fell right off that wagon I'd hopped on. This time my meals (and I mean EVERYTHING that will pass my lips) are planned out through Friday. Tomorrow I'll sit down and do my plan for the weekend. I'm also going to try to do a big day of cooking w/ DH on Sunday so I don't have the home at 5 with hungry kids and have to make a whole meal (usually 2) from scratch thing. I hope I can be more accountable this time around.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #10  

Schatzers!!!!!!! Welcome back hon' I'm so glad you are doin' better.

LC I have tons of stuff I need to do before spring too. (Cottage I probably said it last year too!!)

I hope all you night owls at least got some sleep.

Not much going on today for me. I am participating in a 'day in your life' photoshoot...this online group I'm on does them 4 times a year. So, I'm spending my day trying to take pictures when I can and trying not to be to obivious about it.

I got on the scale yesterday morning and is said...217.9 . As always, I'll wait and see if it sticks a few days before I change the ticker. I need to figure out how to get this weight movin' off me a little faster. Probably more veggies and more exercise.

I went shopping on Saturday and bought this cute pair of brown pants. I didn't realize it until this moring...but I have no brown shoes. So, now I get to go shoe shopping at lunch!!! Schatzi's back and I get to buy new shoes...this is turning out to be a pretty good Wednesday!

I've got to get this work day under way. Have a great day all
Old 03-21-2007, 09:55 AM   #11  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

I only have a few minutes this morning.. but I wanted to check in.

I am down 2.5 pounds this week! only .5 pound left from he surgery! WOO HOO!!

I am so happy!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning! In my most fake sing-song voice ever! Teehee!

Cottage: Thanks for the welcome! I sure am happy to be back! I'm so jealous of the girls being able to ski! I'm sure they'll keep their skills...its like riding a bike, isn't it? WTG getting to Curves! Its so hard to be good to ourselves when we're busy, but you're doing it!

LC: When you're done organizing your house, would you mind taking care of mine! I can't believe we have to move in a month! My house is such a mess! Have fun with the ankle-biters; sounds like an interesting morning for you!

Cmartin: I'm really looking forward to checking out your recipe. Hope DH enjoys his "time off" from work! Have a great day!

Ruth: I'll keep it short -- have fun with Christine and picking out colors! Keep a smile on your face and RELAX when it's all over!!

Schatzi: So nice to see you back! Maybe I AM magic!! Missed ya!

SG: Goodness, girl! You need some sleep -- and probably some coffee! Isn't it maddening how much we worry about the good men in our life, even to the point of sacrificing our own welfare. Oh well--gotta love 'em!

ME: I'm awake and at work, but I'm sucking down the coffee. The furbabies settled down around 1:45 am and I turned in after that. I'll catch me a 30 minute nap at lunch and that'll help me get through the afternoon. NEways, bossman is urging me to get to work, so I guess I'd better...have a great day!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Send all the coffee my way.. I'm a very sleepy girl today. The rest of the night did not go down in the best way, I finally fell asleep at 2:15am, and was up at 3:30 with a stomach ache and barfy-ness, after I drove the bf to work - I got home around 4am - I went back to bed, but only for 2 hours. I think I shall not be able to make it thru an entire day at work, I probably shouldn't be going actually, but alas, too early to call someone in, or too late.

Thanks for the well wishes, and the sunshine - it seems to have stuck, we have a no rain this morning I am off to work.. have a good one!

-Aimee
Old 03-21-2007, 12:58 PM   #14  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Our sunshine went bye-bye. Had my smoothie and my green tea so am off to a good start today. The smoothie is full of a vitamin mix and medical food that the FMS doc wants me to have daily, it does help a bunch. The tiny bit of OJ I put in that won't make a difference one way or another in the long run so I am going to continue that even though on PI.

Today I am working all day so I can have tomorrow off and we are planning on going to the coast in the new car. My dh probably won't let me listen to Il Diva all the way though. Got a bose sound system so it is like sitting in a concert hall.

Hope you get some sleep soon Aimee.

I made the Chicken Divan and that was a huge hit with everyone including the grandkids. Have to do that one again, and so simple too. The crockpot pork was yummy too. My goal is to try and do one new recipe a week. I have peppered tuna picked out of the SBD Quick and Easy book.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #15  

I should be a lot more sleepy than I am but I'm sure it will hit once the sun goes down. I got stuck at work with a serious application problem. I finally ran out of there at 6:15 and was a little late to the den meeting where I was teaching the music beltloop and had to be at. I jumped back on the severity 2 call at 8:30 last night. They really needed me since I knew the application better than the other guys in my team who have been away from it for awhile. Anyway, we finally got it resolved but it wasn't until 8:30 this morning. I've been busy every since and I have a staff meeting tonight so it looks like I've just skipped a night of sleep. DH passed me a couple of pieces of toast and strawberries that I ate for dinner and then I didn't get breakfast so I was glad to get a break at 10:30 to eat the beef stew I made last night.

I am so glad I have tomorrow off as a comp day but I have to get Brian to school so I won't be able to sleep in. I did get someone to cover for me for 10 minutes this mornign while I dropped him at school. I hadn't realized how late it was until I took a bathroom break, looked at the clock and realized it was 6:30 and it was time to get him up for school.
Closed Thread