LA Weight Loss - just saying hello

View Full Version : just saying hello

stella145
03-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Just wanted to say hi and good luck to all who are here like me tring to become healthier and happier!
I am just starting week three and starting to get into the swing of it all.
week one was abit of a challenge..to say the least.
I am turning 40 in august and my goal before my birthday was to quit smoking and lose weight and generally be more fit.
I am now three months no smoking and have lost 8 pounds...it is a challenge but a good one.:carrot:
My family is very supportive and that helps alot!
Hope you all have a great week and your posts have helped alot as I am trying to figure this whole thing out!
:)

smjezzy
03-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Just wanted to say hi and good luck to all who are here like me tring to become healthier and happier!
I am just starting week three and starting to get into the swing of it all.
week one was abit of a challenge..to say the least.
I am turning 40 in august and my goal before my birthday was to quit smoking and lose weight and generally be more fit.
I am now three months no smoking and have lost 8 pounds...it is a challenge but a good one.:carrot:
My family is very supportive and that helps alot!
Hope you all have a great week and your posts have helped alot as I am trying to figure this whole thing out!
:)

:congrat: YOUGOGIRL! I quit smoking 8 years ago February 2 after smoking for 24 years and I wish I'd done a weight loss program in conjunction with that. You are VERY smart. 3 months in <high five> The worst part is over now it's beating the habit. I wish you the very best of luck and again big congrats on your decision to lose weight but more importantly to kick the butts! Way to go.

Repo girl
03-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Welcome!!!

Mama Nicole
03-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Hooray for you, Stella. There are a few of us former smokers on here........so you are in good company :) Welcome to our little group of big losers :)

JLem311
03-20-2007, 08:58 PM
welcome stella! congrats on quitting smoking and starting up LAWL! Everyone is super supportive on here!

Seagal
03-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Welcome Stella!

stella145
03-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome...
I think quitting smoking is actually easier than giving up the junk!
We went to a movie last night and I had POPCORN...no butter though...like it will make a difference..LOL

Candiflip
03-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Welcome & congratulations on quiting smoking!

DH & I quit smoking on Jan 17th too. I like quitnet it tells you how much you have saved LOLOL Really encouraging :D